Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: May 2009 finds

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ice Climber (nes, loose) at GW yesterday for 1.49.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Game find but not of the video variety...

Vintage early 1970's Stratego set in superb shape for its age, $10.00. This by far was my favorite design of the board and pieces.

I love that game. I don't think I ever played with the real rules though. (something about only miners can get rid of bombs...)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up a few more things this weekend. I got a Game Genie for the SNES for $1 and a Game Gear with A/C adapter, carrying bag, and 4 carts for $5. Of course it turns out that the Game Gear doesn't work, but the bag and games make up for it. Plus it gives me something else to fiddle around with.

JY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Yakapucci View Post
    Game Gear with A/C adapter, carrying bag, and 4 carts for $5.
    What games did you get?

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSpace View Post
    What games did you get?
    I got Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, Sonic 2, The Majors Pro Baseball, Power Rangers The Movie.

JY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

YARD SALE FINDS:

HAUL 1:

GBA cart only:
    Spiderman Mysterio's menace
    ready to rumble boxing round 2
    metroid fusion
    shrek hassle in the castle
    dragonball z game (label is ripped where the rest of the name is)

Leapster cart only:
    kindergarten
    spiderman the case of the sinister speller
    learning with leap

Leapster SEALED:
    scooby doo spooky snacks

PS1 complete:
    arcade's greatest hits longbox
    namco museum v. 1

PS2 disc only:
    rugby 2004

ALL FOR $5 TOTAL.

HAUL 2:
    PS1 with cords and 3rd party memory card
    N64 with jumper pak, av cable
    NES toploader with RF cable and mega man 2 cart only

ALL FOR $7 TOTAL.
    Just bought this for the toploader.

N64 clear purple controller - $1

Doom 3 CB XBOX - $2 (cute little kid convinced me to buy this >>)

DK64 + goldeneye cart only - $3

Donkey Kong plushie - 50 cents

already sold the scooby doo leapster cart for $21.99 + shipping on ebay so that makes back all that I spent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Amazing day at play and trade and blockbuster

play n trade
    mario kart manual free!
    mario all stars manual free!
    zelda link to the past manual and map free!
    haze 7.50
    croc 2 5$
    amped 2 1$
    house of the dead 2 9$

at blockbuster I asked If I could have all of the wii club nintendo redeem codes, they said yes!
    punch out codes x2
    animal crossing codes x1
    pikmin codes x3
    wii music codes x2
    super smash brothers brawl codes x3
    mario super strikers code x1
    mario power tennis codes x4
    brain age code x1

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

NES Finds, all from a shop called "cash converters".

Tecmo Bowl - 1.00
    Super C - 8.00
    MLB - 1.00
    Bases Loaded 2 - 1.00
    Gauntlet Tengen - 2.00
    Tetris - 2.00
    RBI Baseball - 1.00
    Rolling Thunder - 2.00
    Nightmare on Elm Street - 5.00
    Legend of Zelda Gold Cart - 10.00 (yeah high I know, but dead friggin mint)
    John Elways Quarterback - 1.00
    Jack Nicholas Golf - 1.00
    Dragon Warrior - 2.00
    Chessmaster - 2.00
    Castlevania 3 - 5.00
    Blaster Master - 2.00
    Bionic Commando - 2.00

Yay!

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Flea Market..

Pretty Big...

One of the vendors I know had a Boxed NES System with a few games,($35.00)I passed it up as I just have way too many NES systems right now/boxed etc...It sold a few minutes later and I tip my hat to the buyer as you got a great deal...

I only picked up a Bucket filled with Lego for $8.00..The vendors prices were outrageous today otherwise..I'd offer $5 for an $8 item and they'd stick to their guns..

I didn't buy anything in games...but I did come across this stuff..

If you look Real Close you may notice why I didn't look anything over.

My Dad Pickek up this Box of Tools for $30.00

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

^Why? All I can see is that someone put an atari cart in the N64. XD

I bought Wild Arms Alter Code F complete for $10 at bookman's, and game and watch collection came in the mail from club nintendo.

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Hey buddy, how much ya want for the used dildo?"

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are they for 2600 or N64?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    Are they for 2600 or N64?
    N64 of course, they have built a built in rumble pak
    [url]WWW.EVG2000.com[/url]

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yardsales 5-29&30-09

lol at the pictures in Videogamerdaryll's post, that seller gives new meaning to plug & play

Ms. Pac-Man Handheld (Made by Micro Games USA) - .10

I actually got this last weekend and it was the only thing video game related from yardsaling last weekend, it was marked at .10.

Donkey Kong Junior Table Top Arcade - $1.50

Went to a nearby area both Friday and Saturday this weekend since I saw an ad for a small community sale with a few streets that sounded promising from the ad. I got to it Friday to find only about 5 sales running probably mostly from being wet and a small rain scare. I found this at the second sale marked $4 offered a buck for it which was countered with $1.50 which was good enough for me, this is actually the first time I've found anything from the early 80s like this so it was a very nice find for me personally.

N64 with A/V Cords, Power Plug, 2 1st Party Controllers (Gray & Atomic Purple)

Golden Eye 007
    Quake
    Mario Kart 64 (PC)

GBA Games

Super Mario Bros. (Complete)
    Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World (Complete With Map)
    Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (Complete With Level Card Unopened)

Pocket Bomberman (GBC)

$30

Found this stuff at a sale on my way out of town Friday from the street sale I went to. The N64 stuff was marked $15, GBA games $8 each & Pocket Bomberman $2.

A lady picked up Bomberman and put it down after finding out that it wouldn't play on a DS system, she asked the guy about games and he mentioned that he had some GBA games which I was holding as I was still looking around. She asked me twice if I was gonna buy them and was gonna take them if I didn't and seemed kind of sour about it after walking off after asking me the second time! I wanted to wait till she left before I tried to haggle at all for fear that if I did she might blurt out that she would pay full price for them to try and snuff them from me or at least get an attitude if I tried to haggled right in front of her on something she was interested in.

I grabbed Bomberman and offered $25 for everything. The guy said he was thinking $40 but said he'd do $35 which I countered with $30. He politely mentioned that while they were not worth much on eBay that they were complete and that they are close to $20ish each at GameStop, he also mentioned that it was early and he just put them out (this was about 8:45 I'd guess) so it was pretty obvious that this wasen't going to end up being anywhere nears a yardsale super deal. I bullshited with him for a minute or two while I was thinking it over about how GameStop is ridicous with cart only GBA games sometimes being $20 or more and that they should max out at about $10 and he ended up changing his mind after shootin the shit and saying he'd do $30.

Mortal Kombat II - .50

Went to a few sales in my town Friday at about 10 that weren't repeats of houses I've been to before and found this at one marked .50. When I asked about games it sounded like they had 4-5 games total (I'm guessing GG or GB & GG) and this was the only one left. I was thinking that maybe the only reason this one wasen't bought was because it was a lady buying games for a younger kid and passed on Mortal Kombat II for being too violent.

GameBoy In Generic Case With Link Cable, Super Mario Land Manual & Game Genie

Paperboy
    Solar Strike
    Tetris

$5

Saw this sitting out at a sale pretty early Saturday morning marked $15 offered $5 for it.

Ehrgeiz: God Bless The Ring
    Final Fantasy X (With Poster Still Intact)

$1

Found These sitting out marked $1 each offered a buck for both.

1st Part NES Controllers x2, NES 1st Party AC Adaptor

Narc
    Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (With only the front/back cover of the manual unfornately)
    P.O.W.
    Skate Or Die
    Tecmo Bowl
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game
    Tetris

Sonic The Hedgehog: Robotnik's Revenge (Book)

$5ish

This was found at the last sale I went to in the same nearby area I went to today (Saturday) that I went to both today and yesterday. I looked around and saw some older stuff that was from when I was a kid that I (or anyone really) rarely ever sees at yardsales now a days like a small wooden chest with a toy WWF ring with a picture of The Rockers on the chest and older toys from around the same time. I asked the guy running the sale about old games (looked like he was about in his mid 20s) and he mentioned having some old Nintendo games inside that he was considering selling. He brought out a shoe box with the NES stuff and I ended up offering him $10 for the NES stuff and a few other boxes of stuff I bought hence the reason I said $5ish for this stuff.

Non Find Bullshit

Mortal Kombat II was actually the first old cart video games I found in my town this whole year a good month-ish into yardsale season. Seems like my town is practically wiped out of old video games and anything I've found retro related this year minus MK II has been from out of my borough. Many of the same houses have a yardsale every year so if I have a list of say 12 sales in my borough only about 4 or 5 of them end up being sales I've never been to before.

Last week I just got beat to a sale with a regular GBA with 7 games, the same old lady just picked it up and spent about 5 minutes on the phone before reluctently buying everything, it sounded like she just wanted a (or a few games) after she got off the phone and the lady wouldn't split it up at all. She probably felt pressured to buy it all since I was waiting for her to put it down. They had another GBA with no games for $20 (GameStop anybody?) so I figured I wouldn't have bought the other system if she didn't seeing as they didn't want to split it up and I'm figuring even if they under valued the games compared to what they wanted for the system that they would still be asking about $30 which isn't much for me to miss out on guessing that it probably only had 1 or 2 common popular games that anyone would actually want to play at best.

At another sale I stopped at last Friday the guy mentioned some old games, but he didn't want to run in and get them since he was the only one around or they were his kids, ok so he mentioned looking into it that night if I came back the next day. I stop by on Saturday he acted like he forgot who I was. I brought it up and he forgot to dig them out the night before then asked his wife about them being in the entertainment stand them mentioned his kid (like they were his games) who spent the night at his friend's house and said he'd take my number, the funny part is he asked me how much I'd pay without me knowing what it was then asked me how much it was worth, not a surprise that this guy didn't call me as this kind of reminded me of a guy from last year that wanted me to use my imagination on what I would pay for something when I don't even know exactly what it is

People like this don't even really seem serious at all about calling back and I wonder why they (or I) even bother as this guy seemed like he wasen't itching to sell the stuff unless he felt like he was getting what he thought it was worth. It would seem rather rude but I always think that if these people don't seem serious I should just tell them I'm not interested if they don't have it handy and not give out my number to see if they have a change of heart when the opportunity to get some money is leaving and they don't have any way to get a hold of me later on if they do want to bother to sell something later on.

On Friday I followed some signs and ended up at a sale for the third time and they still haven't sold any Sega games over the last 4-5 years that I see every time I'm at their sale. It looked like some different ladies running the sale so I figured I'd grab Virtua Fighter Kids and offer $2 for it just for the hell of it to which I was told that it was part of a bundle (Saturn stuff $80) and that the people that owned it would be around tomarrow if I wanted to come back and see if they would be willing to part it out which I think I was told the 2nd time I was at this sale 2 years ago when I tried the same thing. It's funny how I only yardsale in this area about once or twice a year yet I always seem to end up at this sale seeing this stuff still around.

I forgot to do so but today (Saturday) I was thinking I should have stopped by this sale again and taken a digital camera and taken a picture of the 3 systems and games, the systems are all in good shape with boxes including Virtua Cop 2 (with gun), an original 1st Party Saturn Controller & an Arcade stick for the Saturn all boxed. It should also be noted that when I got home Friday that I noticed that they advertised in the paper for this sale and mentioned "Video Games" in the ad so even possibly advertising the games didn't help them to bring in the right person to buy this stuff lol The Genesis bundle was $30 with about 6 games, Saturn (as I mentioned) $80 with about 12 games & Dreamcast IIRC $50 with about 8 games.

I'm saving the address of this house and will be getting a picture of this stuff next time they have a yardsale

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got one of these today....

Well...to be accurate, I got the kiosk, not the computer that was housed inside or the the flat panel monitor. The wired XB360 controller was also not with the unit but the keyboard and mouse were.

The thing was nothing short of a B**** to move. It was extremely awkward to carry and most of the weight was in the bottom of the unit (the end I was carrying ). The top part that has the wavy "Games for Windows" signs wasn't mounted when we moved it so after we got it in the room, my friend set it on top of the machine to see how it looked. We pushed it into the corner but we decided to take another look at the inside of the unit again. Of course we forgot about the sign when we moved it out and the sign toppled off the kiosk.

As you can guess, part of the sign broke. One of the wavy signs had a piece break off of it. My friend said a sign shop could build me a replacement sans logo but I'm thinking I'll just super glue it back together or something and make sure the broken side is facing the wall.

The area where the PC is stored is incredibly small. None of my regular sized towers would be able to fit in it so I have to look around on Newegg or Micro Center and see if I can find out what a mini tower would set me back. I would hazard to guess that a prebuilt unit would be cheaper than building one from scratch but I'd prefer not to have to settle for crappy onboard integrated video.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

New stuff from today and yesterday. The first three pics are from today (though the first two are of the same item). Everything came to a total of about $300:

The machine came with three boards: Silk Worm (like the marquee and overlay say), the Main Event, and .50 Calibur (it came with a couple of rotary sticks but the board is currently DOA. Thankfully, it was free with the rest of the arcade stuff).

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Final Fantasy 4, Disgaea DS and FFTA2 - $15
    NCAA 08 - $1
    Guitar Hero 3 - $5
    PS2 Network Adapter and PS1 memory card - $5
    Logitech wireless mouse - $.25
    Vantec 80mm case fan - $1

My legs = Sexy

Edit: Forgot to put in

Rock Band Drum Set - $15
    Last edited by Kuros; 05-30-2009 at 10:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by misfits859 View Post
    "Hey buddy, how much ya want for the used dildo?"

Oh shit, for some reason I didn't focus on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are the pictures of the Korean games that I got in the mail on Friday.

I am convinced that the NiGHTS game must be new since the disc is perfect and the controller is still in the plastic bag and has the little foam wrap around the connector.

I also picked up a Game Genie for the SNES for $1 and a Sony Minidisc player with no cables or discs for $1.

JY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From an Anime convention this weekend.

Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!