Thread: WTB: Amiga internal floppy drive

Pear (Level 6) Soviet Conscript's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default WTB: Amiga internal floppy drive

well finally got my amiga 3000 (16 htz model ) up and running but i don't have a single working game. every disk i put in i don't get anything, some are retail disks and some are copies most are quite old so i wasn't shocked at first but ater testing 30+ disks and nothing i'm starting to worry. i just get DF0: ???? or DF0:NODOS or PC0: ??? the only one that did work was Black Crypt but after a third play it won't boot up and i get all kind of disk errors so apperently it went bad before my eyes. i get the same problem on the internal drive and the external drive so i'm hopeing both are just bad.

so..i'm looking for a confirmed working internal amiga 3000 compatable disk drive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet Conscript View Post
    well finally got my amiga 3000 (16 htz model ) up and running but i don't have a single working game. every disk i put in i don't get anything, some are retail disks and some are copies most are quite old so i wasn't shocked at first but ater testing 30+ disks and nothing i'm starting to worry. i just get DF0: ???? or DF0:NODOS or PC0: ??? the only one that did work was Black Crypt but after a third play it won't boot up and i get all kind of disk errors so apperently it went bad before my eyes. i get the same problem on the internal drive and the external drive so i'm hopeing both are just bad.

so..i'm looking for a confirmed working internal amiga 3000 compatable disk drive
    try cleaning the drive heads? there are floppy drive head cleaner disks out there if you dont wanna take it apart, just put some alcohol on the pad thingy, pop it in and let it spin up a bit. i used to have one a long time ago
    meow :3

Pear (Level 6) Soviet Conscript's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SnowKitty View Post
    try cleaning the drive heads? there are floppy drive head cleaner disks out there if you dont wanna take it apart, just put some alcohol on the pad thingy, pop it in and let it spin up a bit. i used to have one a long time ago
    thanks snow, i'll have to look into one of these

i am still looking for an internal drive as the one i have the front cover and button are broke off so i would like to replace it either way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a Chinon drive pulled from an A500 you can have for $20 if you want it. I sold a few of these off recently, and this just so happens to be my last one. Let me know