Thread: who owns any unreleased undumped games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default who owns any unreleased undumped games

I am looking for people who own !!"UNDUMPED"!! unreleased games or prototypes, I am willing to either buy them or help pay to leak them
    Last edited by hellfire; 05-13-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think we a had a discussion about this not too long ago.

Well, let the (same) discussion begin...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can we just lock this now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

why lock it, I am seriously interested in buying an unreleased game and sharing it with the world, is their a problem with that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got three (I had four, but bit rot got the best of one of them) . All are "Dumped" as far as saving the roms to my computer is concerned. No copies (that I know of) exist outside of the ones in my possession though. I'm as sure as I can be that the copies I have are the only ones that are still around.

Unreleased games don't come cheap though, and I'm not necessarily looking to sell. What kind of money are you looking to spend? I've spent between $500-$1500 for each of the titles I currently own, and it will take more than that to pry them from my hands.

ooooOOOOHHH RUSTY!!! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

Quote Originally Posted by BeaglePuss View Post
    I've got three (I had four, but bit rot got the best of one of them) . All are "Dumped" as far as saving the roms to my computer is concerned. No copies (that I know of) exist outside of the ones in my possession though. I'm as sure as I can be that the copies I have are the only ones that are still around.

Unreleased games don't come cheap though, and I'm not necessarily looking to sell. What kind of money are you looking to spend? I've spent between $500-$1500 for each of the titles I currently own, and it will take more than that to pry them from my hands.
    Your PC has just been breached!

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hellfire View Post
    why lock it, I am seriously interested in buying an unreleased game and sharing it with the world, is their a problem with that?
    Go to Atari Age (www.atariage.com) and post the exact same query. Go ahead. I dare ya.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok does anybody have any betas or prototypes they are willing to leak for money, Im not even going to bother with unreleased games because everybody will treat me like a lowlife criminal if I say anything more about them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

I have a Vectorman 2 prototype for Sega Genesis that I would sell for $40 shipped. I didn't notice anything different from the main game. I tried to have a friend dump it, but he wasn't able to.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have a prototype of what could be a major dump, in my colon. $15 + shipping takes it. Cash Only. No refunds.
    #vbender

ServBot (Level 11) SpasticFuctard's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler View Post
    I have a prototype of what could be a major dump, in my colon. $15 + shipping takes it. Cash Only. No refunds.
    BM Sent!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpasticFuctard View Post
    BM Sent!

Epic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    I have a Vectorman 2 prototype for Sega Genesis that I would sell for $40 shipped. I didn't notice anything different from the main game. I tried to have a friend dump it, but he wasn't able to.
    Omg your vectorman! I thought you were just a fictional icon for sega that appeared in two games! but I dident know you were accualy alive!! Its so cool that the accual vectorman has a vectorman prototype, vectorman can I have your autograph? I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hellfire View Post
    Omg your vectorman! I thought you were just a fictional icon for sega that appeared in two games! but I dident know you were accualy alive!! Its so cool that the accual vectorman has a vectorman prototype, vectorman can I have your autograph? I
    So, are you going to actually buy any prototypes or what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeaglePuss View Post
    So, are you going to actually buy any prototypes or what?
    as a matter of fact programmingace is making a list of the ones he has so I can purchase some of them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

That sounds good, I wish you luck in your search.
    Last edited by Vectorman0; 05-19-2009 at 11:13 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't get the mentality of buying up some rare, unreleased game and then making it your sole goal to ensure the ROM isn't dumped. You can bitch about "ruining the value" but that's complete shit and everyone knows it. Emulation hasn't done a damn thing to curb the value of much anything. Not that most of these people ever plan to sell them anyway. You can claim you want to hold onto them but eventually those old EPROM chips will lose their data and you'll have a cartridge with nothing on it.

Seems if I was going to buy some prototype of an unreleased game and make sure it's never dumped, I'd put vids on Youtube of the carts being destroyed. If you're going to be a dick about ROM dumping then go all out.

I'd love to find some proto of an unreleased game. Say... Lobo for SNES. I'd track down a ROM dumper and send it to them so fast the anti-ROM collectors would put a contract out on me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diosoth View Post
    I don't get the mentality of buying up some rare, unreleased game and then making it your sole goal to ensure the ROM isn't dumped. You can bitch about "ruining the value" but that's complete shit and everyone knows it. Emulation hasn't done a damn thing to curb the value of much anything. Not that most of these people ever plan to sell them anyway. You can claim you want to hold onto them but eventually those old EPROM chips will lose their data and you'll have a cartridge with nothing on it.

Seems if I was going to buy some prototype of an unreleased game and make sure it's never dumped, I'd put vids on Youtube of the carts being destroyed. If you're going to be a dick about ROM dumping then go all out.

I'd love to find some proto of an unreleased game. Say... Lobo for SNES. I'd track down a ROM dumper and send it to them so fast the anti-ROM collectors would put a contract out on me.
    I've dumped every prototype I own, released or otherwise. I just don't give out the ROM because it will completely devalue the prototype/my investment. I'm in the process of reproducing one of my unreleased prototypes, and it will be available in the next two weeks (Link: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...threadid=19042). This way I get to release the game to the public, and protect my investment. It's win-win. The ROM is preserved, I get to keep a one of a kind prototype, and I don't have to give handouts to people like you who are not willing to take the risk of the initial investment. I plan to do this with all of my prototypes, it just takes some time (and lots of money). I have two more releases that I plan putting out within the year.

Unreleased prototypes do lose value due to emulation. There are countless examples of this happening in the past (Hit the Ice, Crossfire, Squashed, Bashi Bazooka, ect.). Once the game is dumped the proto goes from being worth thousands, to being worth hundreds. It's easy for you to piss and moan when you don't have any prototypes. If you're interested in buying a proto, thus putting your money where your mouth is, send me a PM and I can make it happen. I would assume your hostility is a result of jealousy, but I could be wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

You know what bud. Think whatever you want. I really don't care. A sealed SNES copy of EVO just sold for 2000. My asking price has not gone up in all this time. All the other rare Nintendo items I have had have gone up in value and I consider this a collectors item. I am a collector and given the choice between this a sealed copy of EVO I'd rather have this.

While we are on the subject of crap. What I think is crap is all the people who think the game just HAS to be released so the masses can play and enjoy it. I bring this same game to the CCAG game show in Cleveland every year and let everyone know I have it there for play. NO ONE has ever wanted to play it. Next show is Saturday this coming Saturday as in tomorrow. I'll try it again. I bring several undumped unreleased games every year and no one ever cares.

After someone does dump it (and I am sure it will happen if you are patient) it will get a write up somewhere on the forums with some posts and some attention. People will play it once or twice and then forget about it. It looks great as an unwrapped christmas present but after you open it and find another pair of socks no one cares.

It will be dumped. Someone will release it. It just won't be me. Thinking ahead I had the original owner write this letter for me so it would still retain some collectable value after it was dumped. It will still be one of a kind and might even be worth 400-600 in that condition. Not a bad drop in price when you consider that the sealed EVO would be worth what 100-200 if you opened it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I totally feel you on this point. However, time and the advice of such friends as drx and theredeye have given me a bit more open mind. Best case from my point of view would be the release of any and all prototypes in a digital format. But that's -my- opinion. But when it comes down to it, I don't own the materials in question.

I used to be a collector myself, I had all kinds of rare stuff. But at the end of the day, the only thing I felt I was doing was surrounding myself with bragging rights. It was a bit lame and didn't accomplish much. I felt like I was just wasting massive amounts of money just to say "look what I have that you don't!" But there's also an awesome rush of holding a one of a kind item in your hands and knowing there are few or none like it.

Is it selfish? Yeah, of course. However, it's their right, they invested the cash, the outcome is in their control. I'm somewhat comfortable with the fact that they at least dump them onto their own computers, I just hope they make hard copies as well. As long as they make some type of effort to preserve, then I'll keep my snarky remarks to myself. Hell, it could be worse, they could release them with a hacked watermark on the screen. =\