Thread: Now w/Pics: FM Towns Car Marty, PC-GT, PC parts, games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Now w/Pics: FM Towns Car Marty, PC-GT, PC parts, games

EDIT: Added pics of the Car Marty, and also adding new sale stuff in that post. Keep watching!

Hey gang, going to gauge interest right now in some stuffs. Only a few prices on things. I am no stranger to haggling and if you do it with justice in your heart I won't be offended in the least! I would be happy to pack and sell any smaller item listed here, just so long as I can find an appropriate bubble package or small box for you. Larger items obviously could take slightly longer to package. The PC Engine games I listed I'm ready to part with at any time.

(Quick note: A = like new or very close, B = some wear and dinged edges, scuffs on CD-cases, wear on contact pins, etc., not a great scheme I know; I could get around some pics or detailed descriptions though)

FM Towns Car Marty, with some wear marks on it, but with all the parts for use as a home system. Additionally, I have a lot of boxed accessories for this, including the GPS unit and some other stuff. Not sure I'll be able to find out what I paid for it, unfortunately.

I'd also consider selling the following games for it: Viewpoint (B grade, outer box / CD-case, CD, leaflet), Galaxy Force II (A grade, definitely complete, baggie around the CD-ROM even).

PC-Engine GT handheld:
    Boxed (I believe with the papers etc.). One stuck red subpixel, and needs caps fixed. I paid $170 for it. Will let it go for that and throw in a car lighter power adapter.

Additionally, I'm sure there are some games I'd trade away, including Aero Blasters (B grade probably, missing the plastic slipcover and the foam pad), Dragon EGG!, Soldier Blade (16-Bit must be going blind, it's not "mint," more of a solid B-nearing-A and I wonder if he just swopped the manual when I returned an even worse one), Snatcher Pilot Disc (re-sealed I believe, but complete), Ys I & II (ditto). Also have Akumajo Dracula but not sure if I should sell it.

Dragon EGG! like $10, Aero Blasters $23, Soldier Blade, $64.

Famicom stuffs:
    I have dupes of Akumajo Densetsu (CV3) and Getsu Fuuma Den. Getsu Fuuma Den is just box - tray - game; Densetsu is missing the games catalogue, but has manual + tray + game + box at the least, and a B for condition.

N64:
    Dupe of Sin & Punishment. Wouldn't ya know the second copy is ever so slightly worse than the first, I think - but close enough to like-new for all but the most discerning collector though. I'll probably be keeping a slip of paper found inside this copy though to make my other one 'truly complete" though. Or maybe I'll just sell both and "trade up" for that magical 'truly complete" copy, or some crap.

PC Hardware:

Currently considering upgrading this PC and in the process I will be getting rid of the following:

Core 2 Duo E6600 - 2.4GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 65W TDP, and a decent amount of L2 cache. Never overclocked, kept in a very cool room year-round; cooled by a fantastic Zalman cooler (not included). Will send it along in the original Intel box with the unused stock cooler, although I could leave out the cooler if required to save a few shekels on shipping. Will send along some paste from a few years back if needed. May be past its shelf date, though if that's a problem you'll certainly not balk at buying some.

2GB of RAM, 2x 1GB sticks: (ON HOLD)
    PC2 6400 (800 MHz), CAS4, timings: 4-4-4-12.
    Corsair XMS2 Dominator with the fins on top, no useless LEDs, just good RAM for performance. The actual part number if you want to look it up:
    TWIN2X2048-6400C4D, Newegg profile.
    Will be sent in the original plastic snap and then wrapped in bubbles.

HP Scanjet 5500c. Lightly used (but dusted a few times with a 3M scratch-free tac-fiber cloth, and most recently with some rubbin' alcohol, seems to work well). Still fetches a pretty penny on the 'Bay for some reason, dunno why, maybe due to its square image sensor and the slides / photographic negatives holder. 2400x2400 DPI resolution I believe, pretty quick scans, especially at lower DPI. If you want samples of output, I've scanned a couple things over the years for the Castlevania Dungeon; a cover of the X68000 Akumajo Dracula should be up there scanned by this machine. The Dogyuun scans were done by this. I have the original box and probably everything that came with it; wouldn't be surprised to find the original plastic bag the unit was wrapped in. Looking to upgrade to a newer unit. Looking to do about $85 before shipping which is a bit less than eBay (because I know that somehow they'd manage to leech $10 out of the sale price on eBay, the swine).
    Last edited by Ed Oscuro; 05-17-2009 at 05:32 AM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    HP Scanjet 5500c. Lightly used (but dusted a few times with a 3M scratch-free tac-fiber cloth, and most recently with some rubbin' alcohol, seems to work well). Still fetches a pretty penny on the 'Bay for some reason, dunno why,
    That would be the 99.9% silver lined prism mechanism that was custom fabricated for that model alone, it happens to replace the penta-prism in the Nikon D60 camera perfectly. Exact alignment, unexplainably identical mounting. Wildlife photography enthusiasts swear by a modified Nikon's ability to capture the aura of sasquatches taking a dump next to streams after a particularly hearty meal of stolen corn cobs and moose meat.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Akumajo Densetsu

Interested in Akumajo Densetsu, your mail box is full can you PM me your price?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Fixed it. I think about $70 is what I'll ask, it's not in bad shape actually. Pics or better details if you want 'em (I think that'll be a yes).

Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    That would be the 99.9% silver lined prism mechanism that was custom fabricated for that model alone, it happens to replace the penta-prism in the Nikon D60 camera perfectly. Exact alignment, unexplainably identical mounting. Wildlife photography enthusiasts swear by a modified Nikon's ability to capture the aura of sasquatches taking a dump next to streams after a particularly hearty meal of stolen corn cobs and moose meat.
    Sir, that actually sounds crazy enough to be plausible (and I myself have lusted after a Nikon D-series, although lately I think Canon would be where my money is). Have you a link to an independent verification of this unusual situation? Thanks for the news!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MarriottGuy

PM sent regarding the FM Towns.
    Terry | Marriott_Guy

Video Game Console Library | http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Alright! Pictures of the Car Marty! I also found some older pictures (found below) of the interior of the unit when I opened it up for a look-and-clean. Carefully reassembled of course - every screw went back into its hole.

Important note for interested parties before we begin: There's three people across two Forums who've expressed interest in this, but I haven't discussed pricing with everybody. I'm wary of sellers who try to conduct auctions on Forums, and hopefully that won't happen here. If there is some "bidding" I'll just put up a deadline for offers. As it is, I still can't estimate too well what I should ask for this, and can't find out what I paid for it. I'm guessing that about $300 should do it though.

The ACD1 is a home-use kit. As you see I needed some parts out of this to run the system.

Inside of the box. Unused, brand new controller.

The outer box for this is also nice (and a bit wider across than the ACD-1's). Since my Car Marty apparently was actually set up in a car at one time, it already has the contents of this fitted. This kit is thus a spare! Incidentally, these boxes feel like newsprint, so it probably rubs easily. I am careful when handling these.

The box at the top right looks like a PCMCIA card. On the left in bubbles, the big black thing is the GPS antenna. In the middle I see an unused special remote. Again, this stuff has never been used.

I know for a fact that there is a separate PCMCIA type card currently inside the Marty, there's a big and worn "Exciting CD II" with two discs (in one of the thicker 2-cd, three-section CD cases), a bundle of random cables that may be of use if somebody wanted to install this in a car, a sled that screws onto the bottom of the Marty (will be affixed before shipping), a wired remote for use in the car (there's another in the NVK-1 above, unused), and...well, I think that's about it.

I think the AC adapter brick went in here. Probably goes back into the ACD-1 box.

Ever wondered what the inside of a Car Marty looks like? Here's some pictures. That's the front of the unit on the left side of the picture, and the top is facing down.

The other side.

The top. Couldn't get much further inside than this.

Also, from the XVI Unveiling topic, here's pics of some games which I have dupes of (will keep one of each), you can see (I hope!) that they aren't in completely awful shape:

It's a shame that I can't get much better images out of this camera, unfortunately, so it's to the scanner or hopefully during daylight if I will try to get any closeups of stuff.

Also, I have a bunch of the big orange Atarisoft Apple II games, brand spankin' new, if anybody wants those badly enough. Could at least up some pictures of them.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Interested in getsuu fuuma den. How much shipped and pics?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also interested in one of your dupes of akumajo denetsu. When you get a chance can you please pm me prices?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    arthurotaku

So many info, photos and verything but not the most important info, the prices

XBL: ArthurOtaku
    PSN: Arthur-Otaku

Insert Coin (Level 0) pepharytheworm's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know this is an old thread but do you still have
    Viewpoint (B grade, outer box / CD-case, CD, leaflet), Galaxy Force II (A grade, definitely complete, baggie around the CD-ROM even).
    and are willing to sell.
    Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.