Thread: Ripping Wii Games Audio

Insert Coin (Level 0) Jared_Vibelicious's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ripping Wii Games Audio

hey everyone, so there are a few songs on some Wii titles that I want to rip and put on my ipod. I did this with my saturn games, very easy since they are just straight up audio tracks. does anyone here know how I would go about ripping the audio from a Wii game?

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

The main problem here is getting the disc's contents. If you can get past that hurdle, you then must deal with whatever audio format the game in question uses. I *think* i recall reading that most Wii games use the same audio format so you may be lucky there and someone has perhaps written a tool that will work on your game. I don't have anything much more specific than that at the moment however, sorry.

edit: alternatively you could try recording with the audio plugs coming from the wii, but unless the game has a sound test or something you'll have to do a lot of editing to clean it up.
    Last edited by Cryomancer; 05-22-2009 at 09:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe I read somewhere that one needs a special DVD drive to read GCN/Wii discs.

So the only thing I can think of: use a headphone-to-RCA stereo cable, use two female-to-female connectors, and then run the two audio cables into a PC microphone port. Then, use your fave recording app to grab the audio.

I would also recommend that you hope and pray that the game you want music from has a "sound test" mode for this "solution." Good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quick & dirty: if your mp3 plyr has a built-in mic, just record striaght from the TV/stereo speaker. Sure, quality suffers, but at least you have the music then.

My computer doesnt recognize my Zen Vision M anymore, so I cant put any more music/photos/etc on it. Lately I've been playing cassettes & recording them thru the stereo speaker onto the Zen. Licensed to Ill, Paul's Boutique, Samantha Fox, etc. The problem there is they're all considered recorded tracks on the Zen, cant name them or alter any artist, album, title info on them.

I'd like to get some of that Endless Ocean music. Actually I just recently made a Zen playlist of about 30 songs to play during Endless Ocean.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    The problem there is they're all considered recorded tracks on the Zen, cant name them or alter any artist, album, title info on them.
    If you're using a headphone jack to mic input anyway, just hook in a computer and grab the free, open-source program called Audacity, then add "labels" and "export multiple" -- problem solved.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Jared_Vibelicious's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

damn sega for making catchy music on Sega Bass Fishing! I want it .. haha just as I have all the Daytona and Sonic-R music on my ipod ripped from the Saturn versions.