So I've been spending a couple of weeks playing H.E.R.O. (the 2600 version) and I've constantly had a goal in mind of 75,000 as a high score. I figured it was a good place to start since it was the required score for the Order of the H.E.R.O. patch from Activision. So after a few days with the game I found myself reaching into the 30 and 40 thousands. Not quite as high as I wanted to get, so I practiced. I was eventually able to reach 50,000 or so, but I just couldn't make it past level 9 or 10. So tonight, I figured I'd give it another shot. I wasn't going to quit. Tonight was going to be the night. So I switched on my Atari, pulled out my joystick, and got to work.

Ok, not bad, definitely a new high score for me. But I have to do better.

What?! 40 points less? That just won't do.

Ok getting better, but it's still only 150 points higher than my new high score.

I was beginning to get depressed. After being so adamant that tonight would be my night to earn that patch, I was beginning to think perhaps I wouldn't even be able to break 60,000. Would my goal really stay just beyond my reach? No. I would keep trying. So I gave it one more try, this time plugging in a Genesis controller instead of the joystick. Maybe the D-pad would help.

Voila! After many long weeks of training, my goal has finally been attained! So, who do I go about contacting for that patch, eh?

....Huh? You say I'm 30 years too late??

Just for the record here is where I lost my final life. When I went to take the picture I kept accidentally snapping it as the level was showing instead of the score, and it went back to the demo by the time I got it.

Just thought I'd share that fun experience with you all.