Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked this up at a garage sale today:

SNES: StarFox -$2

The same garage sale had these:

PSX console for $15
    Various PlayStation games (mostly sports)
    and N64: Star Wars Episode I racer for $2

-fastlane250

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrissylas View Post
    Yeah, I responded within a minute or two of it going up and immediately left to pick it up. I knew someone wlese would go after it if I didn't

Your thoughts were mine exactly. I didn't know what that meant but I figured the games themselves were worth giving it a try.

I'm sure you've grabbed some amazing deals from me before
    That's entirely possible, tho nothing of that magnitude, I'm sure. I'm really not into prototypes too much, but I find them fascinating at the same time. And I love having rare games other people don't. AND I love RPGs. Even missing out on protos would be one thing, but to find out one of them was FF... man. That just hurts. Funny, I'd put the ad out of my head mostly until I read that. And this coming on the heels of losing out on that $500 video game bundle (you probably know the one I mean since we both scour the same CL). AND missing out on Star Fox competition weekend on Ebay (for $70 in a lot of cheapo SNES titles and labeled simply Star Fox when the pic clearly showed the competition cart).

But I did just score Secret of Mana cib for $25, so I won't complain too much. I just haven't had much luck w/ CL lately at all. The good ads go too quickly for me, and there's mostly nothing but lousy ads. XD
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

got wing commander 3 complete (long box) 3DO $9.99 via ebay; picked up Punchout for the Wii for 49.99 gamestop.

i'm officially grounding myself from buying games for a while.

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Off the Ebay...all together a very reasonable price!

Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

chrissylas, expect a PM from dreamTR I'm sure.

Insert Coin (Level 0) GOLDEN KEYS's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no pics today but picked up a few items...

first stop was bookmans and i grabbed defender and centipede for the 2600 at $1 a piece. also picked up joshua and the battle of jericho for nes for $10. kind of expensive for an nes game but i'm trying to finish off the wisdom tree/bible games portion of my nes collection... plus, i can't find it cheaper on ebay or amazon. now i just have to get bible buffet and sunday funday.

made a trip to savers a little later in the day and snagged a game gear with some golf game and tazmanian devil game for $10. it came with a nice hard shell plastic carrying case that fits the system, power cord and several games. the games both had cases as well. tested everything and it all works great.

Insert Coin (Level 0) GOLDEN KEYS's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicwolf View Post
    Today I got 2 Genesis games for a buck total. an unlicensed game by Wisdom Tree called "Joshua - The Battle of Jericho" and the other being "Outrun 2019"

i didn't even know they made that game for genesis. i did an ebay check and it looks like they made it for gameboy, too.

apparently, it's worth more than the $.50 you spent. i saw a few listings that had it between $40-$60 but then there is also one up right now that has $14.99 as the buy it now price.

so who knows...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Over the past week:

NES:
    Popeye (cart only) - $1

Genesis:
    The Ooze (cart only) - $1

PlayStation:
    Extreme Pinball (complete, jewel case variant) - $5.85 shipped on Amazon
    (I now have nine of the ten pinball games released on the PlayStation in the US - the last one I need is Pro Pinball: Timeshock)

Dreamcast:
    Shadow Man (complete) - $5

PS2:
    Spider-Man Web of Shadows: Amazing Allies Edition (new) - $7.48 at Target

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Cherry (Level 1) ErmangelnSeelen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is that worth? I just now realized that I have a copy of it haha...mine has sharpie over the "not for resale" so I never thought much of it, but I just realized that's exactly what it says underneath =P Weird!

I guess that counts as a find, since I thought it was a normal copy, but I also got:

The Misadventures of Tron Bonne (complete)

I love Tron, she's my fav, but what am I gonna do with 2 copies? It seems like I'm finally getting into "collector" territory, seeing how I'm getting lots of doubles now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN KEYS View Post
    i didn't even know they made that game for genesis. i did an ebay check and it looks like they made it for gameboy, too.

apparently, it's worth more than the $.50 you spent. i saw a few listings that had it between $40-$60 but then there is also one up right now that has $14.99 as the buy it now price.

so who knows...
    Wow. I had seen Jericho sitting in their display case with a bunch of other overpriced video games and accesories for about 4 months. It was 10 bucks until last time I went there in which they had stuck all the crap in a 50 cent bin.
    DERP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ErmangelnSeelen View Post
    What is that worth? I just now realized that I have a copy of it haha...mine has sharpie over the "not for resale" so I never thought much of it, but I just realized that's exactly what it says underneath =P Weird!

I guess that counts as a find, since I thought it was a normal copy, but I also got:
    Sharpie (for the most part) makes games in the DEMO world null and void. Though many have tried, getting the sharpie off is impossible without ruining or at least fading the label.

Some will say that certain rarer demo games can have the sharpie; but most will not touch it.

I would say you have a very nice copy of Oracle of Ages

Mike

Cherry (Level 1) ErmangelnSeelen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok thanks...so putting marker over the label is a common practice then? (I'm guessing to allow for resale or something?)

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Yep, I see those NFR carts at Gamestop, but they "cleverly" marker out "Not For Resale". I was fortunate a couple of times to snag a couple they never bothered to mark out, such as my Minish Cap demo.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yardsales 6-26&27-09 & Flea Market 6-28-09

Survivor: The Interactive Game (PC) - .25 [IAP]

Pinobee (Playstation, Complete) - $1 [IAP]

Super Nintendo (Dirty But Not Yellowed) With (Not Pictured And All Tangled Together ) 1st Party AC & RF Adaptor, 2x 1st Party Controllers & Manual

Games

Championship Pool
    Donkey Kong Country
    Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (Manual, Plastic Cover)
    Flintstones, The
    Legnend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, The
    Phalanx (Manual, Map)
    Plok (Manual)
    Samurai Showdown (Manual)
    Super Mario World
    Suzuka 8 Hours
    Star Fox (Manual, Map)
    Top Gear

Sims: Hot Date, The (Complete, Not Pictured)

$27

Went to 24 yardsales today (Friday) and got the SNES pretty late in the day when I asked about games and it was brought out. This is pretty much the same shit different day as with all of the NES stuff this year I really couldn't get it dirt cheap low (I could only do more so a decent/good/very good price on craigslist type deal). I looked it over offered $10 and that wasen't going to happen they were thinking $30, CIFed $20 not going to break'em. I almost passed after $20 not going but decided to do a little better since I found next to nothing all day after 2ish hours out and it did come with some good games.

Sega Genesis Model 1 With (Not Pictured) AC Adaptor & 2x 1st Party 3 Button Controllers

Games

Jurassic Park (Complete)
    Kid Chameleon (Complete)
    Pro Quarterback (Complete)
    Sonic 3-D Blast (Cart Only)
    Sonic The Hedgehog (Complete, Not For Resale Version)
    Star Trek: The Next Generation: Echoes From the Past (Boxed)
    T2: The Arcade Game (Boxed)
    X-Men (Boxed)

Mortal Kombat (Case & Manual No Game)
    Eternal Champions Manual

$5

Found this out at one of the first sales today (Saturday). No price offered $2 the guy said that the games (or each game) were worth more then that and seemed surprised at my offer. He said $10 which I declined mentioning that it was missing the RF Adaptor and thanked him, he then said how about $5 which I took as I wanted a complete Kid Chameleon (which was the only game I ever bothered to check). When I got home I didn't mind the Eternal Champions manual as I needed it and I'm sure I have a Mortal Kombat orphan somewhere. I try to avoid bringing home Genesis systems but then something like this happens.

NES System With Gray Zapper, NES Advantage, (Not Pictured) AC & RF Adaptors & 2x 1st Party Controllers

Games (All with Covers Except Galaga Which Was In The System

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
    Galaga: Demons of Death
    Star Force
    Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
    Super Mario Bros. 2
    Super Mario Bros. 3

$5

Asked about games at this sale and they didn't have any but then the one lady said she did actually have a NES that somebody hasen't played in two years so she wanted it gone even though they couldn't get a hold of this mystery person on the phone. I looked it over and offered $5 which was taken. First sale this year after who knows how many in which somebody had anything old that was Nintendo related that they wanted to be rid of and didn't have some certain price in mind of what it was worth that they were aiming to get at a yardsale. This is also the first time I've gotten Castlevania II & 1942 cheap in the wild.

Doom (PC, In Jewel Case) - .25

No price offered .25 which was taken.

2x PSone Controllers, 3x 1st Party NES Controllers

Dr Mario
    Kirby's Adventure
    Q*Bert
    Remote Control
    Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
    Super Mario Bros. 3

$3

I found this stuff at an Estate type yardsale. NES controllers marked $1 each everything else marked .50 each. Would have been $7 altogether offered $3 which was easily taken. The NES stuff is as dirty as could be, I see some green on the one game's contacts and who knows if all of them will work.

Aladdin
    Columns
    FIFA International Soccer
    Joe Montana Football
    NFL '95
    PGA Tour Golf
    Super Columns
    World Series Baseball

$1

Super Mario Land (Japanese) - $1

All of these portable games came from the same sale late in the day at almost noon. Super Mario Land is I'm pretty sure the first Japanese game I've ever found around here at a yardsale.

The Game Gear games were actually all rubberbanded together and a buck was the asking price (dreck yes but priced right and I would have been very happy with both of the Columns games alone for a buck). Guy said I just missed a "Nintendo" (which I'm guessing was an NES) with about 15 games for $15 when I asked about (more) games. SML was in a GBA SP bundle that belonged to another family member with about 6 GBA loose carts, SML & a GBC game marked $50. Said $2 for SML and took a buck for it.

The funny part about this sale was the GBA bundle for $50 with almost 10 games yet sombody else in the family had a GBA with 3 games marked $5.

Super NES With (Not Pictured), AC Adaptor & 2x 1st Party Controllers

Games

Jungle Book, The
    Tetris Attack
    Tetris & Dr Mario
    Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? (Complete)
    Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego? (Boxed)
    Yoshi's Cookie (Manual)

Legnend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, The Manual And Top Secrets Thing
    2 Books That Came With the Carmen Sandiego Games

$15

This was the first and last sale of the day for me. On Friday the lady mentioned having a N64 & Genesis that she would bring down and this sale was right in town and only a few blocks away so I made it my first stop on Saturday. Both systems with a few games were marked $40 with only a few games each and nothing special with the Genesis. I asked about doing better on the SNES then offered $10 and the lady politely said she'd do $25. I asked about doing better later if it didn't sell and the lady said she would.

I got home about 12:30 and saw that the sale ended at noon but drove by shortly after one and they were still packing up. The SNES was now marked $25 and I got it for $15. Yoshi's Cookies has been a mild want and this is the first time I've found either of the Tetris games in the wild. I should (hopefully) be driving by this house tonight or tomarrow for the missing RF Adaptor that they lady mentioned having at home that she would bring down and hang on the mailbox in a bag.

Edit - I stopped by this Morning (Sunday) and in the bag was the RF Adaptor for the Genesis and as a bonus Zelda:LTTP (cart only)

Non Find BS

I was out for about 8 hours this week and I would guess that I hit about 45-50 yardsales total.

The second sale I went to today was one I was at on Friday where the guy said he had some 2600 games in the attic and asked me to come back tomarrow. When I showed up he didn't dig them out but said to his wife/girlfriend "this is the guy that was interested in the 2600 games do you mind if I go in and get them" as if to ask if she would be ok running the sale solo, she said ok and he asked me if I minded hanging out for a bit to which I said sure. He went in and about 5-10 minutes later emerged with a big box which had about 25-30 games all or mostly complete pretty much all common. I look it over see some decent games and a few I would be happy to have complete or boxed (Frogger, Barnstorming, Adventure) and offered him $5 he counters with $10 and I agree.

I put the box in my car and just as I'm getting in I hear the guy come running up to me asking me to wait. My instincts were that he's probably going to give me a game or two that maybe he dropped when bringing everything out but instead he says his wife though he was just going to sell a few games or something like that and that they were his step father's games as if he's going to be in hot water for selling them to me. I went a head and let the guy have the games back and he's apologizing to me and took my number incase they decide to sell them or something along those lines.

This is an odd situation and felt like the right thing to do even though I didn't really want to obviously and I could have easily said no I don't want to and drive off since I already paid the guy and it was a done deal. I don't think the guy decided to go back on it that fast I really do think it was his wife's idea be it because it was her's dad's stuff or probably more so that she was worried that her husband/boyfriend just sold some old games for what might be pennies on the dollar (remember that quote where she should have stopped the guy if she didn't want the games gone for any reason). The guy was really nice and seemed joe cool about the whole thing and getting the games out of the attic.

This would have been my favorite find of the day being boxed/complete games and my 2600 collection having more gaps in it then say my NES or SNES collection. I've been doing good with the 2600 stuff (this should count as my 4th week in a row finding 2600 stuff) which is surprising figuring that I've only found 2600 stuff 3 times yardsaling (last year, the year before when I found a few games at a sale and my first 2600 with 30 some games back around 1996 that I got late in the day at a church sale in my town for $15 IAP).

Other then this everything was pretty much same shit different day. People had some sort of games they never use but it's not their home so it not handy etc, etc, etc.

I had a lady today that had a Nintendo or something like that but didn't want to go in and get it. It's like these people rather sit outside with the dreck that's barely selling and don't want to leave it unguarded or maybe lose a sale selling some VHS tapes for .25-.50 or some crap like that if they are in the house for a few minutes.

I actually get this fairly often were people say they have something but don't offer to get it and I usually respond with something like "is it buried somewhere in the attic/basement and you don't know where it is" to which they usually agree with but I can't help but think that it's partly that these people will tell me they have something but they don't really want to just bring it out for sale for fear that they might be undercutting themselves on something they don't know a ball park value on.

Flea Market

Slot Racers (Cart Only, 2600) - .25 [IAP]

Boring as hell find but it at least keeps my streak alive of finding 2600 stuff every weekend in June and it was actually one I didn't have.
    Last edited by FOnewearl; 06-28-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    Yep, I see those NFR carts at Gamestop, but they "cleverly" marker out "Not For Resale". I was fortunate a couple of times to snag a couple they never bothered to mark out, such as my Minish Cap demo.
    Ahhhh but is it the real "DEMO" or is it just the "Not for Resale" is the question. The actual DEMO is much harder to find...sadly

Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

Some finds from the last few weeks. The SFC games ran me $30/shipped for all of them (there were 4 others but they were dupes). The Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter machine ran me $400 (plus $60 for delivery) and is by far my best condition arcade machine:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

This past week wasn't that great when it came to finds (Mostly sports games, as usual), but here's what I managed to walk away with:

- Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness (Gamecube. Complete in very good shape): $18
    - Star Trek: The Next Generation: Echos from the Past (Genesis. Complete in very good shape): $4

Passed on:
    - Star Trek: The Original Series DVD box sets (All 3 seasons in near mint condition): $100 (Didn't have enough money on me, and they couldn't go lower on the price)

Probably the thing that annoys me the most was not having enough money to get the Star Trek box sets (This being the first time I've seen any of them in the wild, let alone all 3 together).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Elysiun
    PSN
    Sabaku_Hoshi
    Steam
    Nionel

Went to a flea market yesterday, I found a table that had a bunch of games and was selling 5 of $20, he had a few boxed SNES games so I grabbed the only two in the pile that I wanted.

Donkey Kong Country (SNES, Complete)
    Sunset Riders (SNES, Boxed)
    The Legend of Zelda (NES, Loose, 5-screw)
    Mike Tyson's Punch Out!
    Manhunt (PS2)

I grabbed Manhunt on a recommendation from a friend and because there really wasn't much else there that caught my eye. I have another flea market next weekend and I'm hoping to find something there as well.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by icarwngs55 View Post
    Ahhhh but is it the real "DEMO" or is it just the "Not for Resale" is the question. The actual DEMO is much harder to find...sadly

Mike
    It's the actual DEMO (I've got both, actually).

I was sort of amused that they were selling the demo for the same price as the actual retail game... I could only imagine if someone else bought it assuming it was the full game.

Of course, I've also seen them mark the Pokemon Colluseum Bonus Disc as the full game, so go figure...

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roflaid

I got UT3 for the 2nd time this year since I sold my first one and then wanted to play it.
    League of Legends referral link:
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4be72d0a12a60
    ^^ DotA players click the link ^^