Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Maybe it's just me, but MAG seems too good to be true. Also, no mention of Tekken 6? Are they butthurt because it's not completely Sony exclusive anymore?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by kaedesdisciple View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but MAG seems too good to be true. Also, no mention of Tekken 6? Are they butthurt because it's not completely Sony exclusive anymore?
    It was there. They showed it in their clip montage.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    It was there. They showed it in their clip montage.
    How the hell you could make anything out in that montage, I'll never know.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

ooooOOOOHHH RUSTY!!! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

Quote Originally Posted by kaedesdisciple View Post
    Ive been following mag for a while now. The choking point for large scale multiplayer games on consoles has always been the hardware, earlier MFPS's such as battlefield 1942 and Vietname had their problems with bandwith, but the data wasnt organized, since then that has been fixed.

I for one will be picking this up and enjoying it very much.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They just need to can the PSPGo right now. $250? I would only buy one for $100, and that's pushing it.

It's ugly, looks almost non-functional, and can't play 99% of the library. Oh sure, Sony might offer most old games for download, but fat chance they'll be anywhere near the used prices you can snag them for now.

Worst business decision ever.

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Quote Originally Posted by FxMercenary View Post
    Ive been following mag for a while now. The choking point for large scale multiplayer games on consoles has always been the hardware, earlier MFPS's such as battlefield 1942 and Vietname had their problems with bandwith, but the data wasnt organized, since then that has been fixed.

I for one will be picking this up and enjoying it very much.
    Now that we've gotten past the technical limitation, I would honestly like to see large numbers of people have the ability to wrap their heads around the concept. Organizing and managing a team that large is a feat in itself, doing it with live people in a high-pressure environment is daunting to say the least. A team that large with no defined leader(s) might as well raise the white flag.

Really, I want to see this work. I think the concept is fascinating.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't understand this company. I wish I did. Why are there hardly any exclusives this Holiday 2009? Why is the PSP Go so much money? Why invest in more motion controllers when other competitors already have the market? Why keep pouring in dollars into HOME? Why not announce the PS3 Slim? Why does the PS3 STILL cost so damn much? Why are you still selling more PS2s than PS3s?

I. Don't. Get. You. Sony.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As far as potentially good games shown, Sony showed the most. The motion stick seems more useful than Natal but will it actually ever come out? And it does seem strange that the PSP Go is $250.

Maybe they'll drop the price of the PS3 the last day or a few days after E3? Please...
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler View Post
    I don't understand this company. I wish I did. Why are there hardly any exclusives this Holiday 2009? Why is the PSP Go so much money? Why invest in more motion controllers when other competitors already have the market? Why keep pouring in dollars into HOME? Why not announce the PS3 Slim? Why does the PS3 STILL cost so damn much? Why are you still selling more PS2s than PS3s?

Because they are still recovering from a slower than expected start at the beginning of this console cycle which means developers didn't really focus as many resources on the PS3 two years ago which resulted in fewer triple-A games this holiday. It looks like they may actually catch up and possibly surpass the 360 in 2010/2011 assuming the titles they showed actually ship and are as good as they are hyped to be.

The PSP Go is aimed at the iPod/iPhone/Zune crowd. It's small and very sophisticated and while I think it will sell better once it hits $200 or even $150, it's really not out of line with the pricing on those other devices.

Both Microsoft and Sony have recognized that Nintendo has pretty much rested it's future on casual/motion controlled gaming and ditched most of its focus on games for more advanced gamers. If you can give people an inexpensive and better alternative on the PS3 and 360, therefore making the PS3 and 360 systems that meet the needs of the entire family, there is little or no reason for people to own a Wii.

I don't have an answer for the rest of your questions.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sony has either fired or lost most of their talented employees, the company has lost their ability to innovate. The company has lost any ability to judge what will be successful in the marketplace.

During a global recession, they're going to release a portable system that's $120 more expensive then their competitor's option, and the *only* selling point is that it's smaller? They still expect a product to sell because it has the word "Playstation" on the box, they're not giving consumers a reason to *want* the device. They're failing at Marketing 101. Explain to me why i should buy a PSP Go when i can buy an iPhone for $50 less? The answer is the contract, of course... but the consumer doesn't care about the contract, they only care about the price out the door.

Through lax security, they've let their customer base know that the PS3 Slim is coming. They've obsoleted every PS3 on the shelf, take a wild guess what that's going to their sales figures. Instead of using the leak to advance their product, they're trying to keep everyone in the dark about it. They need to come out and admit that the new console is coming, tell the consumers that it's going to be the same price and have the features, and just basically perform some basic damage control.

But no, they're going to sit here and flounder until TGS? Great strategy...
    Last edited by ProgrammingAce; 06-02-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Was that Fat Princess PSP I saw during one of their montages? They had a PSP on screen with videos of games showing on it's screen and I saw Fat Princess in there. Or was it just a mix of PS3 and PSP games showing on the PSP?

EDIT: Yeah it is
    Last edited by chicnstu; 06-02-2009 at 05:36 PM.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

PSP Go = $249.99, same price as a Wii Console.

FAIL.
    The DSi costs the same amount as the PSP? FAIL. The DS still costs more than the PS2? FAIL. I'm just kidding as I do like the DS, but that's pretty much how that quote sounds.

Seeing as the PSP Go removed the disc drive I actually assumed it would be $199.99. I wouldn't have bought it, but at a $199.99 price tag, yeah it'd definitely be worth it for the consumer. Now, the fact that Sony could have just marketed it as downloadable PSP games as well as adding a touch screen since they are going after the iPhone with this device and allow some games solely for the PSP Go would have made the system alot better. Sure it may have had Nintendo fanboys crying out how Sony copies everything, but everyone copies everything. Sony fucked up by not adding a touch screen and just reinvisioning the exact same system once again. It's not a bad thing that it's the same system, but Sony is a bunch of fucking retards when it comes to marketing strategy.

I'll say one thing though. Atleast 2009 was their best year and we didn't see another 2006. Riiiiiiiiidge Raaacer!!!! They failed in 2006 on so many different levels it's not even funny.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 06-02-2009 at 06:21 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    Through lax security, they've let their customer base know that the PS3 Slim is coming. They've obsoleted every PS3 on the shelf, take a wild guess what that's going to their sales figures. Instead of using the leak to advance their product, they're trying to keep everyone in the dark about it. They need to come out and admit that the new console is coming, tell the consumers that it's going to be the same price and have the features, and just basically perform some basic damage control.

But no, they're going to sit here and flounder until TGS? Great strategy...
    Wait, how is the current PS3 going to be obsolete when the PS3 slim arrives? What did I miss? If it's just going to be smaller and cheaper, so what? Is there any solid info about the slim out there, that I can read? After reading the slim PS3 thread here, all I saw were a bunch of grainy pictures.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheDomesticInstitution View Post
    Wait, how is the current PS3 going to be obsolete when the PS3 slim arrives? What did I miss? If it's just going to be smaller and cheaper, so what? Is there any solid info about the slim out there, that I can read? After reading the slim PS3 thread here, all I saw were a bunch of grainy pictures.
    That's exactly my point, nobody knows. So would you drop $400 on a PS3 right now knowing that sony is going to release *something* new in the next few months?

Sony is killing their own short term sales because of the uncertainty. Why would you buy a PS3 this week when you can just wait to find out exactly what the slim is going to be?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    The DSi costs the same amount as the PSP? FAIL. The DS still costs more than the PS2? FAIL. I'm just kidding as I do like the DS, but that's pretty much how that quote sounds.

Seeing as the PSP Go removed the disc drive I actually assumed it would be $199.99. I wouldn't have bought it, but at a $199.99 price tag, yeah it'd definitely be worth it for the consumer. Now, the fact that Sony could have just marketed it as downloadable PSP games as well as adding a touch screen since they are going after the iPhone with this device and allow some games solely for the PSP Go would have made the system alot better. Sure it may have had Nintendo fanboys crying out how Sony copies everything, but everyone copies everything. Sony fucked up by not adding a touch screen and just reinvisioning the exact same system once again. It's not a bad thing that it's the same system, but Sony is a bunch of fucking retards when it comes to marketing strategy.

I'll say one thing though. Atleast 2009 was their best year and we didn't see another 2006. Riiiiiiiiidge Raaacer!!!! They failed in 2006 on so many different levels it's not even funny.
    It's not the best comparison, and this wasn't the worst E3 they had ever done, but If I had to grade Sony, they get a D-. Too many industry expectations were let down.

Positives - Gran Turismo PSP comes out (FINALLY!) and That neato race car game by Little Big Planet people.

Negatives - No strong Holiday line up of exclusives. Major titles that SHOULD have come out this year (or last year),still aren't. Too much emphasis on Home. PSP Go costs too much, and isn't a value at all. PS3 still costs too much, and there was no mention of the redesign. We KNOW it exists, and no smart consumer will buy a PS3 until you announce it, most likely with a price drop.

But considering Sony's current strategy, I'd say they put out the PS3 slim, strip functionality from it, and charge $70 more....
    #vbender

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But considering Sony's current strategy, I'd say they put out the PS3 slim, strip functionality from it, and charge $70 more....
    Thanks GAC, I just shot Icehouse out my nose! Yuck...

MGS: Peace Walker looks promising. I guess it's OK to distract us with more backstory to the series for a while. Are they all Big Boss and how many are there? A whole army? My goodness, that's a lot of test tubes. Origins of Outer Heaven... Sounds like a good time to me.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Insert Coin (Level 0) graciano1337's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    J City Mayne

PSP Go = $249.99, same price as a Wii Console.

FAIL.
    And costs more than a 360.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    Sony is killing their own short term sales because of the uncertainty. Why would you buy a PS3 this week when you can just wait to find out exactly what the slim is going to be?
    Indeed. Considering the whole PS2 compatibility on the slimline is still up it the air, Sony are shooting themselves in the foot by being secretive. It's nearly 4 months to the TGS and that's potentially a lot of lost PS3 sales.

It's an awkward position for the company to be in, but now they've been rumbled they should at least give an official announcement and confirm the specs of the machine.

As for the PSPgo, I'm starting to like the design now I've seen better pictures. But at those prices they are having a bit of a laugh. If the system had built in camera and GPS for that price then it would be more acceptable. But currently it's £50 too much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wasn't the slim PS3 thought to be a fake?

Has there been some proof of its existance beyond those horrible cheap-looking pics that were online a few weeks ago?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unwinddesign View Post
    They just need to can the PSPGo right now. $250? I would only buy one for $100, and that's pushing it.

It's ugly, looks almost non-functional, and can't play 99% of the library. Oh sure, Sony might offer most old games for download, but fat chance they'll be anywhere near the used prices you can snag them for now.

Worst business decision ever.
    I like it and considering I already access most of my games from my PS3 when at another wi-fi spot it works for me. I can just download the ones I want on the go.

Umd's weren't helping, this should increase sales and considering the arcitecture of the PS3 it will fit in much better than the DS-i and Wii structure since you can do remote play.

I like the design.