Thread: Imagine a Twinkie the size of New York. (The GHOSTBUSTERS thread)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Imagine a Twinkie the size of New York. (The GHOSTBUSTERS thread)

I just picked this up on release day, having watched the movie (in a swell theater environment) the night before- and I am seriously impressed by this game. Terminal Reality really kept fans of the movie in mind, and they did it RIGHT. It actually feels like you're a Ghostbuster tagging along with the original characters. Bill Murray, Dan Ackroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson did a fine job reprising their original roles, especially Dan and Harold. In the Sedgewick hotel, we were chasing after Slimer and some other ghost who's come along, Ray says something like "I thought we certified this place as clean five years ago!" and Egon comes in over the radio "New people die every day, Ray."

Playing it's rather confusing to me at times, but I think that's because I'm not experienced with these newfangled 3D FPS type things. I have a hard targeting ghosts into the crosshairs, hopefully I'll have that down sooner or later. I'm still getting over "these new games have too many damn buttons" syndrome. But I've somehow managed to avoid crossing the streams so far...

Anyway, if you're a Ghostbusters fan, this is like, the experience we've all been waiting for since 1984. Pick it up!
    Last edited by XYXZYZ; 06-17-2009 at 01:03 PM.