Thread: Imagine a Twinkie the size of New York. (The GHOSTBUSTERS thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Imagine a Twinkie the size of New York. (The GHOSTBUSTERS thread)

I just picked this up on release day, having watched the movie (in a swell theater environment) the night before- and I am seriously impressed by this game. Terminal Reality really kept fans of the movie in mind, and they did it RIGHT. It actually feels like you're a Ghostbuster tagging along with the original characters. Bill Murray, Dan Ackroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson did a fine job reprising their original roles, especially Dan and Harold. In the Sedgewick hotel, we were chasing after Slimer and some other ghost who's come along, Ray says something like "I thought we certified this place as clean five years ago!" and Egon comes in over the radio "New people die every day, Ray."

Playing it's rather confusing to me at times, but I think that's because I'm not experienced with these newfangled 3D FPS type things. I have a hard targeting ghosts into the crosshairs, hopefully I'll have that down sooner or later. I'm still getting over "these new games have too many damn buttons" syndrome. But I've somehow managed to avoid crossing the streams so far...

Anyway, if you're a Ghostbusters fan, this is like, the experience we've all been waiting for since 1984. Pick it up!
    Last edited by XYXZYZ; 06-17-2009 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    pnkfloyd71

Yeah, it definitely rocks. I am thoroughly impressed! I am almost done with the game, and it's been great! Some of the trophies are really tough to get.

I wonder how the game is selling on each platform? Around here they did not pre-order too many PS3 ones from what I have heard.

I am thinking of also picking up the Bluray. It received good reviews on High Def Digest.

!Just beat the game!
    Last edited by Lucifersam1; 06-16-2009 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't wait to get the game home tonight. The fiancee is even psyched about the game.

"You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

This game came, I saw it, and it kicks some ass.

I find it interesting because it's nostalgic and because it sleeps above my covers... four feet above my covers.

Some critics say the game is bad, but I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"? This game is great! When can I move in? Oh, and you got to try this pole!

I love you Ghostbusters: The Video Game. In fact, I'm gonna take back some of the things I said about you.

You... You've earned it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

So is this thread just going to be entirely comprised of Ghostbusters quotes? Because if that's the plan... I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it!

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    So is this thread just going to be entirely comprised of Ghostbusters quotes?
    Yes, it's true...

This thread has no dick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    So is this thread just going to be entirely comprised of Ghostbusters quotes? Because if that's the plan... I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it!
    I don't know about you, but I ain't 'fraid of no ghost!

Okay. Maybe one.

ooooOOOOHHH RUSTY!!! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

Default Ghostbusters!

WHO YA GONNA CALL?

Hey guys, just got done playing a few hours of the new Ghostbusters game on PS3. All I can say is WOW! this game is awesome! It really makes me wish I had surround sound or something louder than TV speakers, because there is alot to hear in the game. The voice acting by the original Ghostbusters is great, the game feels like a movie.

The graphics rock, the gameplay is hard to break away from, I couldnt get up for hours I just had to keep going. On top of all that, there are quite a few cool features and videos too. There is a video of the restoration of Ecto-1 and some interviews. As far as in-game features go, you earn money for capturing ghosts, lose money for doing "too much" damage, and the Multiplayer... Brace with me here... Here is comes!!! IS ACTUALLY FUN!

If you loved the movies as a kid, you owe it to yourself to buy this game, it really is awesome! After playing it, I feel like getting some Hi-C Ecto Cooler and moving on to some Back to the Future for PS3 ( crosses fingers! )

Some Retro Love: In the Headquarters, theres some Arcade cabs and a pinball Machine! 1 of them is Q-bert! Oh and you get a trophy for sliding down the pole called " you gotta try this thing!" lmao.

Edited* spelling error
    Last edited by FxMercenary; 06-16-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Already being discussed on this thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132812

I suggest you move your post over there.