Thread: Red Faction Guerrilla

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Red Faction Guerrilla

I've been playing this game for awhile, no thread started yet that I could find, and I was wondering everyones opinion. I love the enviroment, game play, and creative open world. I dislike the hordes of EDF (I know this is the point to make a player act more hit and run style), I think repairing vehicles should be an option, and some of the missions feel overwhelming. Other than that I've liberated 2 sectors and I am a mission out from liberating Oasis and the Badlands.

Here are some tricks I've picked up from playing:

Effective way to bring down buildings guerrilla style
    Break open the back doors on a truck with your hammer (like the Suburban style one). Plant remote detonators inside (usually 10-12 works well more are better) then drive straight into your target jump out and BOOM! Usually causing critical damage. It is best on garages walled buildings to drive through a wall and into the center.

You can also use the larger freight style truck and bust open the doors on this one. This vehicle offers better ability to break through the walls etc but it is slower. The bonus for this vehicle lies in the ability you have to crawl into the back and plant as many proximity mines as you wish. Just make sure you have the smart proximity mine upgrade so you can accomplish this objective. I've loaded up to 24 in at one time plus a M.O.A.D and 12 remote detonators causing absolute destruction to the target and surrounding building.

Taking out convoys:
    Granted this requires a great deal of planning to pull off but it works. Place as many hydrogen tanks as possible/some damaged cars along the road the convoy is coming. Plant proximity mines near them and load up hydrogen tanks/vehicles with remote dets. The simply wait until they roll in they will either trigger the surprise or you can send it off. Sometimes the convoy target rolls over and other times it is caught in the destruction path for a few moments. Run up and shock the vehicle until it is yours.

Well that's all I have let me know what you guys/gals have come up with.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I destroyed Harrington Memorial Bridge with just my hammer.

Well, a section of it anyway. There was a huge gap in it so it just counted it as destroyed. I got the Nano Rifle, and then I just sniped away the supports and the rest of the bridge fell. Now all that is standing is the concrete supports. Oddly enough, no EDF tried to stop me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One of my writers blogged about Red Faction last week:

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/blog.cgi?view_post=55

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The massive bridge took me two tries to bring down. First time I tried to take out the supports and got know where but attacked by both opposing forces. Second trip I loaded up a freight truck with explosives jumped out near the end of the bridge and took out the first part bridge down to 81% then I remote det. the other opening by foot. Then it was a matter of systematic rockets, remote det., and nano rifle destruction. The final 16% was taken down by hammer. Oddly enough the bridge skeleton still stands and you can walk across it very carefully, driving is impossible due to the gaps.