Thread: Complete HyperScan Collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Complete HyperScan Collection

I am waiting for my other system to come in the mail, but I now own every Hyperscan game to get released and a system, and a controller. Everything is boxed and complete. The other system I am waiting for is the 2 player bundle.

Am I the only one into this?

I am all about the systems with not many games to make complete collections. Right now, for games, I now have a complete hyperscan, virtual boy, and n-gage collection. All games complete and all systems complete.

Granted, the hyperscan was easy to complete though. It only had 5 games and each can easily be had for under $10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What about the cards that came with it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh yeah, complete means complete

Now I am not sure how much of the extra cards I will be collecting, but I already had one dude offer to sell me some cards.

I have the cards that came with the games and a bunch of extra x-men cards.

I was randomly looking for systems, and ended getting my system with a bunch of cards from Joe (he was selling it off).

Hopefully my 2-player bundle comes soon so that I can take pics of all the games, my extra controller, 2-player bundle, and system altogether (keeping in mind that everything is complete with their boxes).

I cracked open spiderman today when it came, and the cards had not even been opened yet.

Oh yeah, if anybody wants to trade some cards, I have a bunch of extra x-men cards. You just can't have my ultimate wolverine taht I have been using since I got bored one day and built him up. I might have an extra ultimate wolverine, but I would have to check. But yeah, if anybody wants to trade, I can list off all of my extras.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Looks like I have a friend when it comes to worthless system collecting

As a hyperscan fanatic the games themselves are easy to complete, the complete card sets.....now that is something tough. You might want to contact Rick Weis here at DP(goes by his name). He might be able to help you with collecting the cards. Completeing those sets(other than X-men) is a road less traveled.

So, I have to ask, going to go for r-zone, game.com, or interactivevision?
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    Looks like I have a friend when it comes to worthless system collecting

As a hyperscan fanatic the games themselves are easy to complete, the complete card sets.....now that is something tough. You might want to contact Rick Weis here at DP(goes by his name). He might be able to help you with collecting the cards. Completeing those sets(other than X-men) is a road less traveled.

I own a r-zone and have 2 games for it, and I have a game.com and have 8 games for it.

Funny you should mention it, is that besides the internet adapter which runs about 50 for it, I was thinking about going for game.com next

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icarusX360
    PSN
    titanzguard

I have a Hyperscan and 3 of the games. I also have a bunch of cards. I was able to obtain all of it on the clearance rack at Walmart over the past year. A few months ago I got 7 controllers, all priced at $1 a piece and a system for $5. Your not alone with collecting but I have to say I never played the Hyperscan yet.

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

50TBRD should also have some extra cards available, I know he was trying to assemble several complete X-Men card sets. If you're really insane about complete collections the cards themselves were printed with two different backings, one with the Hyperscan target logo and one without. Personally I didn't bother with that.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Personally I'm a bit of a fan of the Game Wave myself. I have half the library.

Hyperscan i would pick up if i ever saw it as cheap as you guys say. They still wanted 40 bucks for stuff here until it dissapeared.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When the hyperscan first came out, i spent a week playing phone tag with Mattel's VP of Public Relations trying to get a sample to screw around with. When i finally got her on the phone, the minute i said "Hyperscan" she hung up on me...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My 2-Player Bundle came today. While not minty, it is still sealed. As soon as I can track down the digi cam, I will take pics of the set.

I still need to decide whether or not I want to go after the cards. If I do that, I will want to get every single set completed, and from what I have read, it is tough as shit to track down spiderman cards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Heh, I have an Interactivision. I don't do eBay, so I buy everything in the wild. And I've only seen three Interactivisions in the wild (the third was boxed and sitting in a pile of trash in the parking lot of a flea market, looking like it had been out in the elements for years), and one tape. Still haven't used the thing. Really interesting looking system, especially with that oddball joystick, but I can't muster up the desire to hook it all up and play the only game I have, which is either a Sesame Street or a Muppet title if I recall (it's in storage and I don't feel like looking for it to confirm).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
    Personally I'm a bit of a fan of the Game Wave myself. I have half the library.
    I've got seven games myself. None of them do much for me other than Letter Zap. Oh, Letter Zap... what an addictive little word game. I have to fire up the Game Wave occasionally just to play that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wanted to buy a Hyperscan back when they first got discontinued. Most places were clearing them out, or so I heard, but everything near me was still $40.

And since we're talking about obscure systems, does anyone here have a Gameking? It's this cheap little Hong Kong system, looks like a knock-off PSP, but with a little b&w LCD screen. Plays carts that look like Game Boy carts. I think there are only 15 or so games for it.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    When the hyperscan first came out, i spent a week playing phone tag with Mattel's VP of Public Relations trying to get a sample to screw around with. When i finally got her on the phone, the minute i said "Hyperscan" she hung up on me...
    LMAO How the Hyperscan made it to market, I will never know. Which underpass do you think the guy that green lighted it's production lives under now?

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude, I just did froogle searches for the games and found places that accepted paypal.

Spiderman, which goes on eBay for $35, I got for 3.99.

The most expensive game I paid for was Marvel Super Heroes, which I paid 7.99 for on amazon.

The 2-player bundle I paid $25 for (counting shipping) on eBay.

Definately the easiest system to collect for, as I got a complete collection for under $100 in under 2 weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I took pics. Sorry about the quality on some of these. I use my buddies video camera, and barely moving the fucking thing meant that it looked like I snapped the pictures while I was running or something.

http://www.videogamecollectors.com/g..._itemId=304917

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

I'm just missing the Marvel Super Heroes game (or whatever it's called). I think I've invested maybe $50 total into the collection (most espensive being the Spider-Man game and cards for something like $16). Most of the games and extra controllers were picked up for a couple of bucks closeout at Walmart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by namzep View Post
    I'm just missing the Marvel Super Heroes game (or whatever it's called). I think I've invested maybe $50 total into the collection (most espensive being the Spider-Man game and cards for something like $16). Most of the games and extra controllers were picked up for a couple of bucks closeout at Walmart.
    Yeah, get it all now before spider-man turns into another jack bros. I got 11 or 12 of my vb games from blockbuster way back in the day, and got each 1 for $1.

I could have gotten nester's funky bowling way back in the day for like $2 or $3 since it was in a bargain bin at walmart, but figured that since I would never play bowling, that I should not buy the game. I instead ended up paying 30 or 40 for a complete copy instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I have about 75% of all the hyperscan cards....and the rest I might do, I just dont know if I want to care about them. I think that these to complete would be a nice challenge, but dang some of those late release cards are going to be very hard to track down. I actually scored a complete interactive vision collection off of ebay for $30.00 shipped. It includes a boxed system. It will go nice near my action max, n-gage, game.com, and nuon complete collections .....one the backside of my game room in the shadows

I am currently working on my r-zone collection. I have all three units, and about a dozen sealed games.
    Last edited by swlovinist; 06-29-2009 at 11:37 AM.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have about 75% of all the hyperscan cards....and the rest I might do, I just dont know if I want to care about them. I think that these to complete would be a nice challenge, but dang some of those late release cards are going to be very hard to track down. I actually scored a complete interactive vision collection off of ebay for $30.00 shipped. It includes a boxed system. It will go nice near my action max, n-gage, game.com, and nuon complete collections .....one the backside of my game room in the shadows

I am currently working on my r-zone collection. I have all three units, and about a dozen sealed games.
    This is going off topic, so I am going to make another one, and if there is one already made about obscure system collecting, please murge mine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The games themselves have never been rare and I don't believe ever will be. They wanted to make money, they made a lot of all of them and just when they were releasing Marvel Heroes and Spider-man, they decided to can the entire thing. There was over-saturation, and discount discontinued product everywhere for a system that had no advertising and only a very small group of people who were intrigued.

[b]The cards themselves are of varying rarity and will only get more rare.[b] 5 games total. X-men had 57 cards available, IWL I believe had 55 cards available, Ben 10 had 80 cards available, Marvel Heroes had 70 cards available, and Spider-man had no more than 59 cards available. Advertisements and checklists alluded to other cards that were, at least, never released to the at large including X-men Red Series numbered 58-102, IWL numbered 56-105, and Spider-man number 60. In addition, 2 promo cards were released as Convention prizes which were P-01 Ultimate Lady Deathstrike for X-Men and P-01 Ultimate GhostFreak for Ben 10.

Collecting a complete set of any of the 5 games was pretty challenging even at the time they came out as they came in 6 card variety packs with a distribution of about 3 common, 2 uncommon and one rare. Often times if you got packs out of the same 6 or 12 pack display, they tended to be distributed with the EXACT same cards.