Thread: Genso Suikoden gets US trademark

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Genso Suikoden gets US trademark

New game or Suikoden 1 and 2 PSP port?

I already own both Suikoden 1 and 2(which are also on my PSP as eboot files) but I'd buy them again for the PSP, this would also put another two amazing games regardless of the fact that they're ports on the system. One thing I don't mind about ports over rereleases, is that they won't reduce the cost of those that I own for the original system(damn you Atlus for repeatedly rereleasing Disgaea on PS2 to the point that I now own a worthless shitty game. wasn't porting it to 362 different systems enough?)

I also wouldn't mind seeing a PS360 Suikoden. Suikoden 3 definitely hit the mark in terms of depth to a JRPG. The game literally had everything a Suikoden fan would want and it actually expanded on the series. Suikoden 3 receiving mixed reviews is possibly why we received the crap that is Suikoden 4 and then Suikoden 5 which was, while decent, was clearly given enough work only to make the game passable.

Suikoden 1 and 2 or a Suikoden that is as good as 3 or atleast close to as good as 3(or both.)

(words only): GENSO SUIKODEN

Standard Character claim: Yes

Current Status: Newly filed application, not yet assigned to an examining attorney.

Date of Status: 2009-06-26

Filing Date: 2009-06-22

Transformed into a National Application: No

Registration Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)

Register: Principal

Law Office Assigned: (NOT AVAILABLE)

If you are the applicant or applicant's attorney and have questions about this file, please contact the Trademark Assistance Center at TrademarkAssistanceCenter@uspto.gov

Current Location: 042 -New Application Processing

Date In Location: 2009-06-26

LAST APPLICANT(S)/OWNER(S) OF RECORD
    1. Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.

Address:
    Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
    9-7-2, Akasaka, Minato-ku
    Tokyo
    Japan
    Legal Entity Type: Corporation
    State or Country of Incorporation: Japan

GOODS AND/OR SERVICES
    International Class: 009
    Class Status: Active
    Video game software; video game programs; computer game software; computer game programs; electronic game programs; downloadable game programs for cellular phones; video game apparatus; video game peripheral devices (game controllers, game pads and video game joysticks); pre-recorded CD's, video tapes and DVD's
    Basis: 1(b)
    First Use Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)
    First Use in Commerce Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)

International Class: 041
    Class Status: Active
    Entertainment services, namely providing computer games to video game machine, mobile phones and computers; providing online computer games via network between communications networks and computers; providing information to game players about the ranking of their scores of games through the web sites; providing information, images, music and/or sound regarding games; entertainment services, namely, arranging, organizing and conducting game tournaments
    Basis: 1(b)
    First Use Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)
    First Use in Commerce Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=77765442

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Konami-trad.../49/aid/132536
    Last edited by kupomogli; 06-28-2009 at 11:26 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Suikoden 3 receiving mixed reviews is possibly why we received the crap that is Suikoden 4 and then Suikoden 5
    No, Suikoden creator Yoshitaka Murayama's departure from Konami is the reason why Suikoden IV and V are different from previous games. It's also why Suikoden III mostly sucked; Murayama left during the game's development.

Suikoden III is mediocre and was the start of the entire franchise's downfall. It has some appealing supporting characters, but the leads are boring, the battles are awkward, the dungeon designs are bland, the graphics are stiff, and the pacing is completely terrible. Suikoden IV fixed some of III's problems and, unfortunately, introduced a bunch of new ones.

And then there's Suikoden V. It's much better than III or IV, yet the first 15 hours are essentially a huge, sluggish prologue, and that takes a lot of out of the game.

At this point, the Suikoden series has lost me. I'll always like the first two games, but I didn't even bother checking out Suikoden Tierkreis. Suikoden I and II stood apart from other JRPGs by embracing themes more political and realistic than the usual cliches, but the series dulled that edge a while ago.

But you know what's a good game? Disgaea. That sure is a good game. I think just about everybody likes it.
    Kidfenris.com: Never Updated.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Fenris View Post
    But you know what's a good game? Disgaea. That sure is a good game. I think just about everybody likes it.
    Word.

Great Puma (Level 12) Chainsaw_Charlie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Fenris View Post
    I've personally called him out on his stupid repeated bashing of Disgaea at least twice and now I'm glad someone else has as well.

So yeah WORD

As for the suikoden games I've played and beaten 1,2,4,5 and tactics. I have yet to play the latest game but own it, never complete 3 because of a glitch that occured in two different copies
    Last edited by Chainsaw_Charlie; 06-29-2009 at 06:21 AM.
    My rotating want list http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101550

Your television doesn't care how angry you are with it. Turn it off and find something better to do with your time.-Beserker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

I played the original Suikoden when it came out and loved it. At the time, there weren't many RPG's out for the Playstation, so who knows if that had something to do with it. Suikoden 2 I never picked up. Suikoden 3, 4, 5, and Tactics I bought, but haven't played any of them. They're all still sitting on the shelf sealed.

That being said, if this ends up being the Suikoden 1/2 combo that Japan got a few years ago, I'll still pick it up. I may not get around to playing it for a few years...but I'll pick it up

BTW: Disgaea is awesome.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Suikoden 1/2 combo? Yes please. I've got 1 but can't drop the money on 2. I've started the ROM a few times but always stopped after about an hour because I prefer to play the real thing. I really dug that hour though.

And what's this? A kupo post that includes a Disgaea bash?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Maybe it means Suikoden II will be available for download on PSN. If that is done, it can be played on PSP or PS3 and you can use your old save files if you still have them.

I hope that's what it is. On www.suikosource.com a link shows that the makers of the series expressed interest in letting Sony upload Suikoden II to PSN like they did with the first one.

It's under Suikoden Team Q&A

EDIT: Maybe not. The source's post updated and said it is believed to be a PS3 & 360 game.
    Last edited by Rickstilwell1; 06-30-2009 at 09:03 PM.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]