Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are some of your favorites no one seems to like?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Legend of Kage this game is on a lot of top 10 worst nes games around the internet and I think that that is just ridiculous.

Ring King this game gets a lot of flack nowdays but I think it's a great game. I think most of the bad rap it gets now is due to the between rounds animation and the sick way society views things now.

is neither blue nor fast thom_m's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Malon_Forever View Post
    Also, I love the Little Mermaid for the NES. It's so simply, and yet so fun.
    I thought I was the only one! The Little Mermaid is short, easy, simple...and a lot of fun! I like SMB2 a lot to; I didn't even know it got any of the hate it seems to get.

Also, there's this stange, shameful force that makes me like Heavy Nova (Genesis). And I'm not proud of saying that.
    Blowing on cartridges since 1987

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

NES:Legend of Kage i played this version first befor i ever played it in the arcade.Sure it's wasn't a faithful port but i like it the way it is.

NES:Metal Gear you know it's weird how popular this version was in it's day.Though that has change,once fans found out how much konami had it changed for the nes.Now the msx version has become the perfer choice.

NES:The Goonies II while it's puzzle solving and back tracking made the game confuseing i didn't mind it.Sure it's not straight forward like the arcade original and famicom port,but i found it a welcome change soon enough.

Neo Geo:Cyberlip offen called a poor mans metal slug i thought it's gameplay wasn't that bad.Sure it had no diagonal fire and not a wide selection in weapons.Still it's cheesey plot and bosses that were so out there it did keep me entertain.

NES:Castlevania II Simon's Quest even befor the avgn ranted how terrible the game was i enjoyed it.It had it's short comings but i still don't see it as one of the worst nes games ever made.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 07-04-2009 at 01:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always thought Advance Guardian Heroes was a good game. It has some technical flaws, but the level design and control really make up for that.
    Kidfenris.com: Never Updated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really liked the Castlevania N64 games, and Mission Impossible (N64) as well.

I also have to agree with Pac-man 2: The New Adventures, I always found myself playing that game for some reason dispite having about 50 other Genesis games at the time.

As for the old text adventure games, some of those have caught my interest as well. I ended up picking a few of them up for the TI-99 (Pirate Adventure and Impossible Mission). I found them to be quite hard, yet still fun. Most modern gamers don't realize how easy they have it today with hints, in-game tutorials, and if all else fails - the Internet.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    Chex Quest - I know one other guy who like it, let alone played it. The people I know who actually played it generally hated it.
    Dude! I'm on a Chex Quest related forum! The game's actually got a fair following, quite a few fan sequels, and a couple of the guys from the original team that made it came over to the forum and developed another 5 levels and such. www.chexquest.org. Just remember that quite a bit of the user base is rather young, so expect some REALLY juvenile behavior.

I'm also on the boat that liked Fester's Quest. I mean, I can see why some people wouldn't like it, but to me it isn't so bad. I think that's one the James actually likes, and he's just taking the piss out of it for fun, kinda like Castlevania 2. I've often found that you really gotta try some of the games the Nerd talks about, sometimes they're REALLY good, just with some flaws that maybe cause people to overlook them. However, you're NEVER getting me to play Superman 64. The gameboy version was bad enough.

Milon's Secret Castle is another one that I love, although I can also see his nitpicks. But, it is aimed at people like my girlfriend, who LOVE to explore and discover secrets so...

One game that I LOVE that nobody seems to really know is Mole Mania for the Game Boy. Game was so much fun, and really tough! Yet, nobody really remembers it.

I also liked Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi on the Genesis. I've heard lots of people don't like this one because of the one hit kill thing, but to me it is the second best of the series, right behind Shinobi III.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I liked Billy Hatcher a lot. Not sure why everyone hated on that game. I thought it was rather fun, unique, and had some interesting level design.

I also thoroughly enjoyed Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure.

For classic gaming, I have to say that Fatal Rewind for Genesis is one of my old favorites.

I seriously think Saga Frontier is one of the best RPGs ever. I love that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Speed Devils Online was my favorite Dreamcast game. It was the first console game I played that had a really deep and awesome online play mode.
    My System History in order of purchase: Coleco Vision - Master System - Genesis - Game Gear - Sega CD - 32X - Saturn - Nomad - PS1 - Dreamcast - PS2 - DS - PS3 (60GB) - PSP - 360.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Azraelscross's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

FF VIII: Constant complaining about "sappy story" and "Stupid junction system" drives me crazy. I loved the story and after i spent more than 2 minutes on it the junction system was a breeze. not my fav FF buts its pretty close

Too Human: heard good. then alot of bad. but i enjoy it. little hard sometimes for someone who has barely any games that aren't Turn Based RPGs though

Sonic Spinball: Screw you all. I loved playing this game as a kid and i still like playing it today

VP 2: love it. wierd considering...

now a game i HATE

VP 1: Ah hell. i started this with high hopes and about 2 hours in i wanted to shoot myself. this is the only game i've ever played i'd give less than a 5 on a scale of 10. i gave it a 3.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CelticJobber View Post
    I liked Mortal Kombat 4 and thought it was alot better than MK3 (which I never liked as much as the rest of the series). But most people hate it and consider it the worst of the regular MK series.
    Mortal Kombat 4 is great. It was the first 3D MK, and I liked what they did with it.

Chrono Cross - Most people go into this one expecting the wrong thing. It's beautiful on its own if you look at it for what it is. It's not so much a sequel to CT as it is another story in the continuity.
    I remember bringing this game up in the Classic Video Game Quiz thread, and I pretty much thought no one else liked this game. It's my favorite RPG of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by thom_m View Post
    I thought I was the only one! The Little Mermaid is short, easy, simple...and a lot of fun!
    How much fun is it to just pick up shells and toss them at enemies with such ease! I need to go play that game now.

Quote Originally Posted by Azraelscross View Post
    Sonic Spinball: Screw you all. I loved playing this game as a kid and i still like playing it today
    It's a pretty neat game. I always would miss those containers that would carry you into an area, and would land in the posion.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A bit off topic, but Chrono Cross is actually the only game that ever really moved me, emotionally, and I'm that one guy who didn't care when Aeris died. If you play the series through (CT->Radical Dreamers->CC), it's pretty powerful stuff. It really hurts that they never followed up on CC...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AD&D Treasure of Tarmin: INTV
    Destiny of an Emperor: NES
    Ultima IV: SMS
    Neo Metal Fantasy: PCE
    The Space Adventure: Sega-CD
    7th Saga: SNES
    Tengai Makyou The Apocalypse IV: Saturn
    Shadowman N64/PSX/DC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A bit off topic, but Chrono Cross is actually the only game that ever really moved me, emotionally, and I'm that one guy who didn't care when Aeris died. If you play the series through (CT->Radical Dreamers->CC), it's pretty powerful stuff. It really hurts that they never followed up on CC...
    What is Radical Dreamers? I've heard of it, but what system was it on?

Arcade Card Compatible Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Malon_Forever View Post
    What is Radical Dreamers? I've heard of it, but what system was it on?
    Radical Dreamers was for the Super Famicom Satalliview. As for games I enjoy that most people seem to be down on Sonic The Hedgehog for the Master System is one that I never understood all the hate for and I feel that both N64 Castlevania's aren't as bad as everybody makes them out to be (the platforming segments are terrible in them though).

Insert Coin (Level 0) Azraelscross's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i cared about it alot. I was so HAPPY WHEN SHE DIED!the only decent thing sh could do was her final limit break. and unless your a perfectionist like me your not gonna bother. i'm crazy enough to try and get all limit breaks possible on disc 1. and i'm almost there

and just remembered another game i liked that seems to be hated

Xenosaga series: when i was thinking of buying all of them in an auction i got message after message of "don't do it. they are terrible" and "hahaha. i don't know anyone who would want to play such a crap, slow game" then i bought them and have been having a blast. its slow going but everything bad i heard was wrong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Syphon Filter 1-3(PS1)
    Speed Racer(PS1)
    Bust A Groove 1-2(PS1)
    Speed Racer(PS1)
    Mortal Kombat Mythologies(PS1)
    Otogi 1-2(Xbox)
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really liked the first Ninja Turtles NES game. Everyone else seems to think it's too hard.

And how come people are mentioning Super Mario Bros. 2? I don't remember that game ever being unpopular.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am going way back to the Atari 2600, to find a game that most people say is bad, but I enjoy it. The game... Artillery Duel. Sure it gets old, but it is a lot of fun for a quick 20 min. round of classic gaming. If they would have added just a few more things to this game, it would have been great. I always thought the game needed a Rampart type level in between action, so players could rebuild or maybe move cannons.

I love p.aying this game and it is usually one of the first games that come out when the 2600 gets fired up.

Insert Coin (Level 0) MissingNo_1231's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Abadox (NES) - So few people seem to know about it, and those who do seem to just cast it off as being too difficult.

Sudeki (Xbox) - I could be wrong, but it seems to me that not many people liked this one. It's one of my favorite Xbox games though.

There's probably a lot more. I love pretty much any game that I don't have to spend a lot of money on and is at least kind of fun.
    Wild MissingNo. Has Appeared!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shonen Ashibe (Super Famicom).

God, I love this overly cute platformer more than I really ought to - for a straight adult male.
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI