Thread: Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete (COMPLETE!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Thumbs up Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete (COMPLETE!)

After about a two week thrift break, I finally went to a couple today. The first had no games, but the second stop was a different story.
    Upon entering, I check out the showcase up front. Today, there was a little container of GameBoy games behind the counter. The sales clerk got it down for me so I could rummage through it. Well, I couldn't believe what I saw underneath that pile; Lunar 2!

This copy has everything. EVERYTHING! The box is in spectacular shape, including everything inside. Better yet, the map looks like it was never unfolded, and the little character standees have NEVER been opened! They are STILL SEALED!
    The pendant is wrapped up in tissue paper, and looks brand-new. As for the manual, it looks like the previous owner never paged through it. The discs look unused too, besides the little fingerprint or speck here and there.
    This particular thrift is expensive when it comes to games, and this was no exception. It was $39.99. Lucky for me, it was 30% off and rang-up for $27.99.
    As you can probably guess, I quickly bought it and hauled myself out of there!

So, how did I do? I've been after a good condition copy for a while, but I'd never imagine I'd find one that looked THIS good and was THIS cheap.

By the way, they had a complete copy of Kartia for the PS1 as well. It was the silver-logo variant. On Monday it's going to be $9.99, so I'm thinking about going back for that.
    (Unless somebody gets to it first, that is.)
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shouldn't this be in the finds thread? Good find, btw, but yeah.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    Shouldn't this be in the finds thread? Good find, btw, but yeah.
    Eh, I thought big finds normally deserve their own threads.
    This isn't exactly a BIG find, but it was exciting for me to run into.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

about 3 years ago I sold one in equal if not better shape on egay and got 90$ for it, I can only expect it to have gone up a bit, since most of them are missing the pendent or the pendent has tarnished with age (if anyone wore it...the chemicals from thier skin will turn it an ugly brown colour in time(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256 View Post
    about 3 years ago I sold one in equal if not better shape on egay and got 90$ for it, I can only expect it to have gone up a bit, since most of them are missing the pendent or the pendent has tarnished with age (if anyone wore it...the chemicals from thier skin will turn it an ugly brown colour in time(
    Yeah, I've noticed a price climb in the last few years. How good of a condition was your pendant in?
    Mine looks fresh from the factory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle15 View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed a price climb in the last few years. How good of a condition was your pendant in?
    Both the Lunar PSX games have actually kinda decreased in value, much the way most games have. The Sega CD Lunar games, tho, seem to have gone up.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Letiumtide's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Letiumtide

I've ran into a few, whenever I do see it I buy it (only in it's complete state, unless cheap) but I wouldn't consider it an exceedingly rare find, considering I have more than a few copies of this game myself, complete.

It's a good game though, my favourite of the two Lunars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

The pendent on that particular copy was dead mint, most likely the previous owner didn't take anything out of the box, from the disks they looked unused without a single scratch on them (the game wasn't sealed though .but as closed to new as you can get), someone had traded an emaculate collection of rpgs into gamestop a day before the buy 2 get 1 free sale... both lunars valkerie profile and a ton of middle to rare rpgs all in pristine shape...I spent a fortune that day..but it was way worth it (ended up selling off some of the rarer ones I already had to more then pay for the initial purchase) I sorta regret selling that lunar as the disks were in slightly better shape then the one in my collection...but I got a good deal so I can't complain too much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Both the Lunar PSX games have actually kinda decreased in value, much the way most games have. The Sega CD Lunar games, tho, seem to have gone up.
    Most games are dropping in value? There's quite a few going for crazier amounts than they ever have before.

The pendent on that particular copy was dead mint, most likely the previous owner didn't take anything out of the box, from the disks they looked unused without a single scratch on them (the game wasn't sealed though .but as closed to new as you can get), someone had traded an emaculate collection of rpgs into gamestop a day before the buy 2 get 1 free sale... both lunars valkerie profile and a ton of middle to rare rpgs all in pristine shape...I spent a fortune that day..but it was way worth it (ended up selling off some of the rarer ones I already had to more then pay for the initial purchase) I sorta regret selling that lunar as the disks were in slightly better shape then the one in my collection...but I got a good deal so I can't complain too much.
    Wow, that sort of event would nearly have given me a heart attack!
    Were they on sale any further than the buy-one-get-one sale?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cheapest complete on Amazon is $55. I've seen them go for $50 or so on Ebay lately. That's really not a crazy amount for this game, tho doesn't seem to be much lower than it used to be before the recession either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Most games are dropping in value? There's quite a few going for crazier amounts than they ever have before.

Wow, that sort of event would nearly have given me a heart attack!
    Were they on sale any further than the buy-one-get-one sale?
    I bought one of those stupid "edge" cards that day, which gave me an addition 10% off ontop of the normal 10% and I used another cupon that stacked on that, so it was 30% off and buy 1 get one free. I still eneded up spending about 300$ or so in the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Cheapest complete on Amazon is $55. I've seen them go for $50 or so on Ebay lately. That's really not a crazy amount for this game, tho doesn't seem to be much lower than it used to be before the recession either.
    Maybe it's just me, but the recession doesn't look like it did anything to the gaming industry. Console sales and new release sales are hot, and older games are going for all-time highs.
    Those copies on Amazon aren't selling because of their questionable true value. I sure wouldn't spend $55 for a complete copy that may not truly be complete.
    Do you know how many times I've seen copies of Lunar 2 falsely listed as complete? Quite a few.
    Besides, there's piles of crap on Amazon that sit there forever because everybody is looking for a better deal, even if they do spend the same on eBay.

I bought one of those stupid "edge" cards that day, which gave me an addition 10% off ontop of the normal 10% and I used another cupon that stacked on that, so it was 30% off and buy 1 get one free. I still eneded up spending about 300$ or so in the end.
    Those RPGs were expensive before the 75% off sale started. Wasn't Valkyrie Profile $59.99 and Sukioden 2 $79.99?
    I vaguely remember seeing some priced as such.
    Still, you got a good deal on those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sorry but the seller states exactly what comes w/ the game, so I don't find that questionable at all. I'm not sure where you're seeing things selling for an all time high, I'm seeing the opposit. I used to get $15 apiece for common NES & SNES games. Not anymore. And rare games aren't faring any better. Panzer Dragoon Saga used to sell for $200, lately it's been going for $150... I've even seen one go for a little over $100! Suikoden II is now around $80 or $90 (used to be over $100). EVO used to sell for $80 cart only, now it's going for $40. Imports even are bottoming out. I've seen prices drop across the board. Yes, part of it has to do w/ games being released on the Virtual Console and PSN or whatever, but that can't explain the half of it.

Cherry (Level 1) ErmangelnSeelen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm with you Mobius. Games are way less than they once were, in my experience. Even the overpriced local gaming places have had to lower the prices on their high profile games, like FF7 and Mario RPG especially...those 2 games got hit hard, with virtual console too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not to mention Secret of Mana. And then you have the reprints driving down costs, like Persona 2.

But I didn't want to get into an argument over this, and after doing a completed item search, I can see where Kyle's coming from. Most Lunar 2s sold for around $60, but a couple of them went higher, with one going for the astronomical price of over $100 (I think it was like $125?). Pretty crazy. (There was a sealed copy that sold for $70, so there doesn't even seem to be any rhyme or reason.) Ebay seems downright schizophrenic right now. Most games are selling for half what they're going for on Amazon, but a couple are going for more (the aforementioned Lunar 2) with one game consistently selling FOR DOUBLE! (That game would be Magic Knight Rayearth for the Saturn.) Weird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

I'm sorry but the seller states exactly what comes w/ the game, so I don't find that questionable at all. I'm not sure where you're seeing things selling for an all time high, I'm seeing the opposit. I used to get $15 apiece for common NES & SNES games. Not anymore. And rare games aren't faring any better. Panzer Dragoon Saga used to sell for $200, lately it's been going for $150... I've even seen one go for a little over $100! Suikoden II is now around $80 or $90 (used to be over $100). EVO used to sell for $80 cart only, now it's going for $40. Imports even are bottoming out. I've seen prices drop across the board. Yes, part of it has to do w/ games being released on the Virtual Console and PSN or whatever, but that can't explain the half of it.
    Sure he states it, but I don't like to spend that much on stuff I can't see. A lot of people want to SEE what it is they are buying. I tried going by the seller's words before, and ended up with a mess of bull.

Anyway, in the past month or so, I've seen the exact opposite with a couple of those.

-Panzer Dragoon Saga ~ $275
    -Suikoden 2 ~ $120
    -(Honorable Mention) complete Earthbound ~ $300

Now, I know they don't go for that much all time, but the prices are still holding steady.
    Some of them get a bit lower sometimes, but I think that has more to do with who's watching and bidding.

Not to mention Secret of Mana. And then you have the reprints driving down costs, like Persona 2.

But I didn't want to get into an argument over this, and after doing a completed item search, I can see where Kyle's coming from. Most Lunar 2s sold for around $60, but a couple of them went higher, with one going for the astronomical price of over $100 (I think it was like $125?). Pretty crazy. (There was a sealed copy that sold for $70, so there doesn't even seem to be any rhyme or reason.) Ebay seems downright schizophrenic right now. Most games are selling for half what they're going for on Amazon, but a couple are going for more (the aforementioned Lunar 2) with one game consistently selling FOR DOUBLE! (That game would be Magic Knight Rayearth for the Saturn.) Weird.
    Persona 2 has been going down? The current range has been an even $50-$80 the past few years. I paid $51 for mine just a couple of months ago. That "reprint" was just a release of old stock, which explains why it still isn't cheap. (That, and the big demand.)
    And, it may have just been a fluke, but I sold a copy of Final Fantasy 7 GH with the case and no manual just recently. It went for $50 even.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sure he states it, but I don't like to spend that much on stuff I can't see. A lot of people want to SEE what it is they are buying. I tried going by the seller's words before, and ended up with a mess of bull.
    I've never had a problem buying from someone on Amazon, but I don't buy a whole lot there either. I have had plenty of problems from Ebay tho. And while I don't have any experience w/ this, I've heard it's a lot easier to get refunded thru Amazon than it is through Paypal.

Anyway, in the past month or so, I've seen the exact opposite with a couple of those.

-Panzer Dragoon Saga ~ $275
    -Suikoden 2 ~ $120
    -(Honorable Mention) complete Earthbound ~ $300
    Earthbound has been consistently high priced ever since that Wii Smash Bros game came out. It was high before then, but shot up a good $40. Considering the guide generally sells for nearly as much as the game, a complete copy going for $300 doesn't surprise me. Again, that sounds comparable to the price it's been for as long as I've been selling, tho it's price has definitely gone up since that Wii game came out.

Suikoden 2 I've sold for close to $200 twice in the past (on Amazon). It's half that on Ama now, but I'd seen several copies sell for $90 or less (complete) on Ebay a few months ago. Haven't checked lately tho.

PDS I've seen really fluctuate. I have seen one go for around $200 recently, but since I've been trying to snag a copy for cheap, I've also seen some go for $120 and $140 or so. This is a game I've been trying to buy in order to play it and then resell it (since it's too pricey for my collection), so I've been following sales on it fairly closely.

Persona 2 has been going down? The current range has been an even $50-$80 the past few years. I paid $51 for mine just a couple of months ago. That "reprint" was just a release of old stock, which explains why it still isn't cheap. (That, and the big demand.)
    And, it may have just been a fluke, but I sold a copy of Final Fantasy 7 GH with the case and no manual just recently. It went for $50 even.
    This time last year (or thereabouts), Persona 2 was a $90~100 game (with Persona going for over $100). Both games have gone down since then, but Persona 2 can generally be had for $50~60.

That FF7 was, in fact, a fluke. I've seen complete copies selling for $30 or so, even black label ones. But, I don't really follow the price on that too much, since I've gotten several copies through CL that I've flipped for quite a bit more on Amazon. Not lately tho. Seems most copies on CL now are being sold (or attempted to) by Ebay-fleers. But then these are the same people that think they can get $40 for FF8. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

I've never had a problem buying from someone on Amazon, but I don't buy a whole lot there either. I have had plenty of problems from Ebay tho. And while I don't have any experience w/ this, I've heard it's a lot easier to get refunded thru Amazon than it is through Paypal.

Earthbound has been consistently high priced ever since that Wii Smash Bros game came out. It was high before then, but shot up a good $40. Considering the guide generally sells for nearly as much as the game, a complete copy going for $300 doesn't surprise me. Again, that sounds comparable to the price it's been for as long as I've been selling, tho it's price has definitely gone up since that Wii game came out.

Suikoden 2 I've sold for close to $200 twice in the past (on Amazon). It's half that on Ama now, but I'd seen several copies sell for $90 or less (complete) on Ebay a few months ago. Haven't checked lately tho.

PDS I've seen really fluctuate. I have seen one go for around $200 recently, but since I've been trying to snag a copy for cheap, I've also seen some go for $120 and $140 or so. This is a game I've been trying to buy in order to play it and then resell it (since it's too pricey for my collection), so I've been following sales on it fairly closely.

This time last year (or thereabouts), Persona 2 was a $90~100 game (with Persona going for over $100). Both games have gone down since then, but Persona 2 can generally be had for $50~60.

That FF7 was, in fact, a fluke. I've seen complete copies selling for $30 or so, even black label ones. But, I don't really follow the price on that too much, since I've gotten several copies through CL that I've flipped for quite a bit more on Amazon. Not lately tho. Seems most copies on CL now are being sold (or attempted to) by Ebay-fleers. But then these are the same people that think they can get $40 for FF8. XD
    Yeah, I agree. The expensive stuff always seems to be shakey price-wise anyway.

Ever since FF7 got expensive, EVERYBODY seems to be pricing all of the Final Fantasies really high. A local flea vendor had about 6 copies of FF8 for $59!
    $40 is pretty tame when it comes to those crazy "sellers".