Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the dumbest reasons bad feedback has been left for you on Ebay?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

You got me curious about the negative feedbacks I left people. I know there has been a couple but I had to scan through them all to find them.

One was "Never paid and never contacted me or replied to any of my emails" They are No longer a registered user with negative 3 feedback.

The other was for someone who won a paypal dispute after they admitted in feedback that it arrived. They are still an active buyer/seller with more nagatives for similar issues.

I could have sworn there was one where I bought something my wife really REALLY wanted. Their feedback was good but after winning it I saw that they started to get a lot of negative feedbacks for non delivery. She wanted the item more than a refund though and they wern't returning any emails so I tracked them down via facebook. They got MAD about that and claimed they shipped the items and that it was the post offices fault(I guess it was also the PO's fault that 10 other people didn't get their items as well). So after that I did file a dispute...it was probally the easiest case Paypal ever decided. I'm guessing they were booted from eBay before I ever got the chance the Neg them.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a negative from a German bidder because the shipping cost was more than he wanted to pay. He asked how much it would be while the auction was still live(before he bid) and I told him it would be "atleast" $14. He won and after pricing it at the post office it turned out to be $21. When I told him this he refused to pay, told me I promised to ship it for $14 and left a negative. That was clearly a case of misunderstanding on his part but you live and learn.

The funniest part is that after I relisted it another guy from Germany won it. But he was much more reasonable. I guess they really like Indiana Jones games over there.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Maniac View Post
    A guy from France bought 11 items from me, than left 11 negative feedbacks. He said that I overcharged him on shipping so much, that I made $20 profit. Which was a lie...because the TOTAL cost of shipping and handling that he paid was $20.00.
    What the hell do you do with assholes like that?
    DERP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    The funniest part is that after I relisted it another guy from Germany won it. But he was much more reasonable. I guess they really like Indiana Jones games over there.
    Of course they do. I mean, Indiana Jones is the one who single handedly brought down Nazi Germany after all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Got a weird positive today on a copy of KOTOR that just says: "None"
    At least its a positive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't gotten a negative for this(atleast not yet) but a chic I sold a manual and case to messaged me the other day asking where the game disc was. I politely explained to her that the item listing says it's for a case and manual and that the description clearly states a disc is NOT(thats how I typed it in the auction) included. Now, she's new with no feedback so I was taking it easy on her, mainly because I've only had problems with like 3-5 zero feedback bidders out of 50 of them. But then she kept messaging me saying stuff like it was false advertisment and product fraud. I really wish more people on ebay could read. It's really not that hard to do.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

When I first started Ebaying about 10 or 11 years ago I'd take money orders only and ask for payment sent to my place of employment so that when the m.o. came in I could ship right away over lunch break. So I'd have very specific instructions saying make payment available to <my name>, send payment to <Philips Semiconductors>, attn: me. You get the idea.

So this one time this fella got confused and made the m.o. out to Philips Semiconductors. We had an email exchange that went something like this:

Me: I can't cash this. You made the payment out to my employer, not to me, despite clear instructions.
    He: Well, since you asked for it at work I just assumed you owned the place.
    Me: Right. My name is Paul Cortez and I own a semiconductor plant I call 'Philips'. And because the tens of millions I make manufacturing and selling computer chips simply isn't enough, I have to run a side gig selling used computer parts on Ebay.(/sarcasm). Please send a correctly addressed payment kthx.
    He: Can't you just have Philips cash the M.O. and pay you out of petty cash?
    Me: Probably not. We have no cash on site. And even if we did, I see no reason to obligate the beancounters here to fix your mistake made in our private transaction. I'm sending this back to you. When you send a corrected m.o. I'll send your stuff.
    He: Grumblegrumble...

He sent the corrected m.o. a couple weeks later and then negged me complaining about "loose" packaging, of all things. Despite the fact that the item was swimming in a box full of styrofoam peanuts and completely sealed in packing tape.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

I bought 2 magic the gathering cards for 15$ shipped on ebay (this happened quite a few years ago). 3 weeks later, nothing arrives. I complain and ask for some kind of refund. Seller states that he sent them and will not refund anything. I leave him bad feedback and he does the same for me. Almost EXACTLY 1 year later (16 days short of a year), the 2 cards arrive. I check the post date and they were shipped when the seller had said they were. They apparently got stuck under my mail carrier's car seat. Another satasfied customer of the post office!!!