Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Game Trader iPhone App v1.1 now available!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by videogametrader View Post
    I will ask the developer about a OS 2.0 version. But I don't know if apple will allow it.
    Cool, thanks. Was really looking forward to the checklist and I doubt I will ever upgrade to OS 3.0.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just DL'd it last night - very, very handy. No more carrying photocopied pages from VGT magazine to the fleas. Gotta love technology.

It's a great app, the only thing that seems missing is there's no visual way when scrolling through games to see which ones you have. A little green checkmark (or C or L) next to the game title when you're scrolling through would be nice. That's a minor thing, though, and overall it's really nice!
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Its free only under what the creator agrees upon, they do not have to make it free, that's if they want to.

Though development for the apps is fairly easy and does not have to go through all those rings before its green lit to be sold like apple does with every app.

Its only a suggestion though. I should be getting a G1 soon, from what I have seen there is to be anywhere from 4 to 8 new phones coming out in 2010 that will be android OS supported. As of now there are 2, 3 maybe and that's in America alone. So the android OS is moving on up in the cellphone market..
    i meant the OS is free to OEMs to use. hence it will spread like wildfire.

dont get the g1. i have it, its great but now severely shows its age. as the first android phone, it was the test ship for many things, most of which have now been tweaked/fixed.

as of right now, there are 3 android phones in stores in the US, G1, myTouch (basically a G1 minus keyboard ie: crap), and the hero (which is awesome as long as you dont need a real keyboard). Tmobile will get the CLIQ this week (which will blow everything away, as of right now) and Sprint will get the Samsung InstinctQ (i think thats what its called). AT&T will get 1-2 phones before the end of hte year and it is rumored that verizon will get the same.

anyway, port this to android. i'll buy it.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Archangel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Archangel Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Poofta! View Post
    i meant the OS is free to OEMs to use. hence it will spread like wildfire.

dont get the g1. i have it, its great but now severely shows its age. as the first android phone, it was the test ship for many things, most of which have now been tweaked/fixed.

as of right now, there are 3 android phones in stores in the US, G1, myTouch (basically a G1 minus keyboard ie: crap), and the hero (which is awesome as long as you dont need a real keyboard). Tmobile will get the CLIQ this week (which will blow everything away, as of right now) and Sprint will get the Samsung InstinctQ (i think thats what its called). AT&T will get 1-2 phones before the end of hte year and it is rumored that verizon will get the same.

anyway, port this to android. i'll buy it.
    I have been researching awhile and I would say the one phone I would probably get is the CLIQ. Besides that I have T-Mobile I also like to have a keyboard still just because I am not fully out on the idea of having a full touch screen only phone just of yet..

I was looking into the Hero, and it would be the next phone up for me, the only problems is that it lacks the keyboard but mainly its cost will be high. The teflon coating of the phone would be a great selling point for me having a touch phone without ever worrying about smudging and whatnot but unless its for a cheaper price than the CLIQ then it will not be obtainable by me..

But back on track if this does come out for the Android OS I will buy it in an instant...
    Currently Hunting: Any Virtual Boy game except Mario Tennis and Teleroboxer!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    I have been researching awhile and I would say the one phone I would probably get is the CLIQ. Besides that I have T-Mobile I also like to have a keyboard still just because I am not fully out on the idea of having a full touch screen only phone just of yet..

I was looking into the Hero, and it would be the next phone up for me, the only problems is that it lacks the keyboard but mainly its cost will be high. The teflon coating of the phone would be a great selling point for me having a touch phone without ever worrying about smudging and whatnot but unless its for a cheaper price than the CLIQ then it will not be obtainable by me..

But back on track if this does come out for the Android OS I will buy it in an instant...

im getting the cliq as soon as its out. im so tired of my g1. i broke the screen like 8 months ago and still havent replaced it (touch still works, lol).

btw, the cliq and hero are teh same price, 200$ w/ 2 year contract.

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Well, the app has been recently updated and happily, it's been given the functionality to act as a checklist! I'm really happy about that. But one suggestion... is it possible that, when you check a game off, can the game in the master list be shaded? Maybe light blue when you've checked off that you have it, and light red if you've checked off that you want it. It would make for quicker browsing of games, not having to go to the individual page each time and look at a tiny little checkmark graphic to see if you already have it or not.
    Ditto, only add one more color for complete and loose and the ability to put multiple copys of the same game in, with the two colors that represent complete and loose dividing the name if you have a complete and loose copy.
    Same if you want another copy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I downloaded the 2.1.3 version of the app. and when I touch on the favorites tab the app. freezes, does this happened to anyone else?
    Last edited by understatement; 12-09-2009 at 11:00 AM.

Cherry (Level 1) videogametrader's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Try hard resetting your phone. Then try it again. If that doesn't fix the problem, please let me know.
    ========================
    Video Game Trader Magazine & Price Guide. Keeping classic video games... alive!

Subscribe for 4 quarterly issues only $29.99. Subscribe @ www.VGTraderMag.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, okay, that seems to have fixed it thanks. I didn't even think to try a hard shutdown! most of the time I do a soft shutdown after an update or DL.

BTW I love the new favorites with the categories instead of the massive list.

The only other things I want for this app. is:

Someway to see if I have/want the system/game from the master list if the color method above can't be done maybe putting a small H or W on the left of the name can. So, if you have a loose system and want it complete it would look something like this.

H ----name of system/game
    W

The other is a total price at the end of each category in the have and want favorites so if I wanted to sale a lot or buy a lot I would know a roundabout number to start at.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I love it, with wanting the extra feature everyone above is talking about in the master list section. If room is needed, I'd truncate the decimal zeroes, since well they don't really matter.

So $12.00 = $12

etc.

-GAC-
    #vbender