Thread: FS: Sealed RPG, Real Time Strategy games, guides & lots more

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FS: Sealed RPG, Real Time Strategy games, guides & lots more

I'm selling a LOT of sealed RPG, Real-Time Strategy games with strategy guides and a lot of other hard to find games & guides.

Here's the ebay auction link:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/no_anc...Q_fromZQQ_ipgZ

Thanks for looking!

Steve
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

good luck with your ayction, great stuff

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Steve, I've liked you for awhile and we've done some good trades, but I am VERY pissed to see you having copied my auction listing descriptions. Not cool at all. Please change them asap. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Cinder6

Eternal Poison WANT!
    Knowledge is Power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rarebucky View Post
    Steve, I've liked you for awhile and we've done some good trades, but I am VERY pissed to see you having copied my auction listing descriptions. Not cool at all. Please change them asap. Thank you.
    There's nothing in the description that isn't true. Everything in the listing is factual.

Also, I've been using that same description for quite a long time.

Who gives a crap if some of the language was copied from one of your descriptions over a year and a half ago?

It's not proprietary information. I don't need your permission; and it's not like anyone is going to confuse my auctions for you and vice-versa.

I do notice that you don't have anything constructive to say in any of my For Sale threads though - pointing out when I resell something I bought from Target or wherever.
    Stop derailing my threads.
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, not the response I was hoping for. Very surprised. It's against ebay policy and it will be reported today. Just because you've been stealing for awhile doesn't make it okay. Other members here feel the same way I know. Here's the ebay policy:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...ext-theft.html

"The seller copies a substantial amount of another member’s description and pastes it into a listing, without receiving the original writer’s permission."

This is something I take pretty seriously, sorry.
    Last edited by rarebucky; 07-24-2009 at 07:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by orrimarrko View Post
    There's nothing in the description that isn't true. Everything in the listing is factual.

Also, I've been using that same description for quite a long time.

Who gives a crap if some of the language was copied from one of your descriptions over a year and a half ago?

It's not proprietary information. I don't need your permission; and it's not like anyone is going to confuse my auctions for you and vice-versa.
    Actually, yes, you do need permission to copy someone else's writing, either in part or in full. It doesn't matter if it's all relevant and factual or not, it's still theft of someone else's work. You've copies RareBucky virtually word for word, without a second thought. If what is said is true and factual, then you should have found another way to include this information, and not steal the description from someone else!

Stealing is still stealing, and fraud is still fraud. Copying someone else's description and posting it as your own is still plagiarism, regardless of whether you happen to change a few of the words to your own. All are serious offences under eBay rules, and are not to be taken lightly. Stealing someone's work is just lazy and unfair on the person who you stole it from, no matter how much of their work you use without giving credit to them.

Regardless of whether you think the auctions may or may not be confused with each other isn't the point, and neither is the age of the paragraphs stolen. The format used here is identical to RareBucky's, as is a great portion of the wording used. To me, this screams plagiarism. Not only have you robbed RB (And subsequently admitted to doing so, which was rather stupid as you've practically confessed to the crime), but you've also broken eBay policies.

At the very least, you could edit your listings IN YOUR OWN WORDS (Which do not remotely resemble RB's work), and maybe offer RareBucky an apology for raping his write-up. There is absolutely no cause for an argument here, especially when you are clearly in the wrong. Nothing you say will change that fact.

You're a thief, and a plagiarist, and a lazy one at that! I'm very surprised you even bothered to alter the information about you in the description!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's sad here is that it even matters.

I'll make the changes though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix View Post
    Actually, yes, you do need permission to copy someone else's writing, either in part or in full. It doesn't matter if it's all relevant and factual or not, it's still theft of someone else's work. You've copies RareBucky virtually word for word, without a second thought. If what is said is true and factual, then you should have found another way to include this information, and not steal the description from someone else!

Stealing is still stealing, and fraud is still fraud. Copying someone else's description and posting it as your own is still plagiarism, regardless of whether you happen to change a few of the words to your own. All are serious offences under eBay rules, and are not to be taken lightly. Stealing someone's work is just lazy and unfair on the person who you stole it from, no matter how much of their work you use without giving credit to them.

Regardless of whether you think the auctions may or may not be confused with each other isn't the point, and neither is the age of the paragraphs stolen. The format used here is identical to RareBucky's, as is a great portion of the wording used. To me, this screams plagiarism. Not only have you robbed RB (And subsequently admitted to doing so, which was rather stupid as you've practically confessed to the crime), but you've also broken eBay policies.

At the very least, you could edit your listings IN YOUR OWN WORDS (Which do not remotely resemble RB's work), and maybe offer RareBucky an apology for raping his write-up. There is absolutely no cause for an argument here, especially when you are clearly in the wrong. Nothing you say will change that fact.

You're a thief, and a plagiarist, and a lazy one at that! I'm very surprised you even bothered to alter the information about you in the description!
    Mind your own business and get a life. It's not like either of us asked for your opinion.

If RB had a problem, he should have sent me a pm. I could have talked about it with him.

Your take on the matter is irrelevant.