Thread: Yakuza 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Quote Originally Posted by Julio III View Post
    Also, its sad to see Of The End get cancelled but its not that unexpected. I heard even the demo got pulled off the Japanese PSN.
    From what I understand the game wasn't canceled, it's just being put on hold for the time being. It was Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 4 (Otherwise known/mislabeled as "Disaster Report 4") that was canceled, which is a shame because I was looking forward to that one, but it's understandable why they made the decision.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

Quote Originally Posted by Julio III View Post
    Also, its sad to see Of The End get cancelled but its not that unexpected. I heard even the demo got pulled off the Japanese PSN.
    As was already stated, the game has just been delayed for now but in no way canceled. Some places in China actually kept the shipments of the game that they were supposed to send back to Sega and, thus, some people actually have the game in hand. As for the demo, it's the same like the Yakuza 4 demo. It was only up for a short time so, if you missed it, it's gone. The one thing I like about the PSN Store is that, even if you started a download, stopped it for whatever reason but now that download is gone from the store altogether, you can still download it anyway (which is what happened when I originally downloaded the Yakuza 4 demo)...

P.S. - The demo for "Of The End" is pretty good actually
    Mika: Where are you taking me, Gillian?
    Gillian: To look at videos on YouTube...
    Mika: *sigh* No more videos of a drunk Harry dancing with a dead Snatcher...
    Giliian: Nope, it's better...Its LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos!
    Gillian: And after that, you should also visit
    The Policenauts Paradise and Snatcher Shrine

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Started playing Yakuza 4 today at about 1am and have already put five hours into it(and yes it's just about 7am right now.) The game is amazing.

Like Exit said, the new leveling system is much better than the prior games systems. Kind of like X Men Origins Wolverine or Star Wars the Force Unleashed, you get a certain amount of points each level and use these points to choose what you want to learn although some stuff you're required to learn before others. It's the same gameplay though, even if the characters play somewhat different so if you hated the the other games gameplay you probably won't change your mind about it.

The only mini games I've went and done in the game are in Club Sega. I played Boxcellios 2 quite a few times and then Boxcellios after I unlocked it. Right now I'm ranked four on the Boxcellios 2 online ranking and after only two plays I'm ranked 10 in Boxcellios. I actually got to level 98 on both games which makes both mastered. I also did some UFO Catcher, which is more enjoyable than it is on Yakuza 3, but maybe because it's easier.

The only thing I don't like is the new collections system. If you go to mini games on the collections setting rather than like Yakuza 3 which you could just scroll down to what you're interested in, you have to just page through them all until you get what you're looking for. This is the same thing with Yakuza 3 with the other lists, but the mini game option was in a list and made it easier to look at.

Great game and worth getting on day one even if you're only remotely interested.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

kinda unrelated but im trying to work my way through all the yakuzas in order, i've only beaten 1 and ordered yakuza 2 on gamestop which should arrive in a few days,

whats the general consensus on which is the best game in the series so far?
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    whats the general consensus on which is the best game in the series so far?
    I'm going to go with Yakuza 4 as the combination of gameplay and storyline make me think it's the best at the current time. However if you were to go by story, it'd be 1, 2, 4, then 3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I'm going to go with Yakuza 4 as the combination of gameplay and storyline make me think it's the best at the current time. However if you were to go by story, it'd be 1, 2, 4, then 3.
    I concur. So far I've enjoyed this game far more than Yakuza 1-3 and I've racked up about 18 hours of game play and I've just now finished Part 1 of the storyline. If this pattern continues I'll probably be racking up around 70 hours of game play, which is around the same amount of time I played the first 3 games combined. I'd probably rank the games as 4,1,3,2, but 3 is generally ranked the lowest because of the first part of the game involving the orphanage, although I personally enjoyed seeing the softer side of Kazuma.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

With a score of 22,218,490, I am ranked first on Boxcelios 2.

Also, I've just got to Tanimura's chapter and just finished chapter 2. Tanimura's my favorite character to play as, even over Kazuma. Saejima is my least favorite to play as.