Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Although if all the complaining and canceled pre-orders get Sega to delay the game and put the cut content back in, that would be wonderful.
    Unless of course this means having to repress new manuals or discs.

Frankly, if Sega adds this back, they should make it day one DLC and then print new copies with the content back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm hugely dissapointed they cut these out of the game and I will buy it anyway to support the series. I wonder what else has been cut. I'm currently playing Yakuza 2 and loving the club management and "being a host" sidequests. If these are in the 3rd game I want them localised. I also heard there was kareoke in the 3rd game and hope that made it across.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Having Shogi and Mahjong being removed really doesn't bother me. Neither does the Answer x Answer game(if that's the one that was removed.)

When talking about the hostess club, maybe you mean the club management in Yakuza 3 is getting removed? I haven't heard anything about the hostess clubs. It would honestly be retarded if those got removed anyways. Probably a third of all the items in the game would become completely useless.

Now if Sega kept the club management and then removed the hostess stuff. I wouldn't mind so much, but if they removed both that's kind of going to piss me off. They make us wait so long, we don't get English dubbed audio, the box art sucks, then half of the game gets cut out so they can cut corners with a cheap translation.

I'm picking it up regardless because even with that stuff it's not anything really major. For us getting screwed over so badly, Sega better be good with Yakuza 4 and give us a game with no cuts at all.

*edit*

Nevermind. So the hostess clubs are actually being removed and most likely club management is removed as well? This is bullshit if you ask me.
    Are you always this dramatic?

Why are the hostess clubs so important to you? It's hardly a key part of the game, it's nothing more than a light bonus.

If this was a major part of the attraction to this game, then I would suggest buying a dating sim instead, as you'll probably be disappointed with the other 95% of the game.
    Last edited by Mimi Nakamura; 03-02-2010 at 02:24 AM.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Nakamura View Post
    If this was a major part of the attraction to this game, then I would suggest buying a dating sim instead, as you'll probably be disappointed with the other 95% of the game.
    That kind of logic doesn't make any sense. I mean, what are you suggesting, that people who like dating sims are weirdos that can't also appreciate high quality action and storytelling typical of more commonplace games? Why can't people have their cake and eat it too?

The bottom line is that it was boneheaded to cut things out, especially for BS reasons like "we don't think it will resonate with the players"? How about leaving it in so we can decide if it "resonates" with us or not? Given that it's not required to beat the game, we should have the option of if we want to do it or not. Heck, I think even the quiz should've been kept, but maybe alter some of the questions if they're way too foreign to Americans.

It doesn't matter how big or small the cut is; it's the issue that there are cuts at all - cuts that didn't need to happen. Especially in a game that costs the same full price of other non-budget PS3 titles. If they want to cut corners and cut content, then cut the price too.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That kind of logic doesn't make any sense. I mean, what are you suggesting, that people who like dating sims are weirdos that can't also appreciate high quality action and storytelling typical of more commonplace games? Why can't people have their cake and eat it too?

The bottom line is that it was boneheaded to cut things out, especially for BS reasons like "we don't think it will resonate with the players"? How about leaving it in so we can decide if it "resonates" with us or not? Given that it's not required to beat the game, we should have the option of if we want to do it or not. Heck, I think even the quiz should've been kept, but maybe alter some of the questions if they're way too foreign to Americans.

It doesn't matter how big or small the cut is; it's the issue that there are cuts at all - cuts that didn't need to happen. Especially in a game that costs the same full price of other non-budget PS3 titles. If they want to cut corners and cut content, then cut the price too.
    Of course I don't really think he can't enjoy the game, I was just trying to put some perspective on his melodramatic hysteria.

Sega have a lot of experience on what does and doesn't sell, in most recent years a lot of experience with the latter! Ryuu ga Gotoku 3 was a game designed and developed specifically for the Japanese market. It has lots of references to weird parts of Japanese culture, things that people in mainstream European / American society know little or nothing about. Of course hardcore gamers would enjoy these features, but the mainstream audience who make up the vast majority of the sales, will not be attracted, or even turned off, by them.

The An x An quiz game is actually based upon a very popular game centre game, with many questions referring to Japanese culture, it would take a huge effort, and also a lot of time, to create a new set of questions of the same level. The game wouldn't be the same.

People should appreciate that arguably the best game on the PS3 is getting a worldwide release. Seriously, the omission of a couple of weird minor parts won't affect how great the game is. Take it from someone who finished the game months ago! Anyone who decides not to buy the game because of such minor subjects is going to miss out....

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm sure Sega realizes that this is a niche series in the US. The game is wholly centered on Japan and most people buying it would have at least some interest in the country and/or the yakuza, so trying to neuter the Japanese out of it not only wouldn't work but would also defeat the purpose of it. If they really wanted to do it, anyway, they'd dub the game. I'm not convinced that cutting out content is going to improve sales or even that mainstream gamers who normally play Grand Theft Auto and Halo are going to buy it (and if they do, it would be out of a lack of information and they'd probably return it after a half hour of playing, if only for the subtitles alone). Then there's the fact that none of this stuff is required, so players are smart enough to come to their own conclusions of if they want to bother with these extra quests. And the fact that this content was all present in the US versions of the previous games. It's just plain inconsiderate to the consumer if they give them the opportunity to enjoy this stuff in previous games and then deny them this in Y3.

But I don't doubt that the game is awesome regardless, and I agree with you that a cut English release is better than no English release at all. It's just a shame that they had to pull this and even more inconsiderate to wait to the last minute to inform the fans that content had been cut (although other companies have done worse, like NIS America and Rhapsody on DS).

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Nakamura View Post
    Of course I don't really think he can't enjoy the game, I was just trying to put some perspective on his melodramatic hysteria.
    I'm going to purchase the game regardles, just sad that stuff is getting cut. The reason I stated that I may not get it meant as a first day release. If you go over to the Yakuza forums at Sega and look at all the people bitching that "I cancelled my preorder, fuck you Sega, etc, etc" or many many other different sites you'll see the same thing, then you'll see why I might not pick it up on the first day.

The game was released for an extremely small fanbase, so if they don't pick it up, it could be a month or two and we'll already see a price drop. Would you like to pick up a game for $55(if you preordered it earlier,) only for the game to drop in price in a month or two? I sure as hell wouldn't. I don't care if it's the greatest game of all time in my opinion, if it's possibly going to get an early price drop then I don't mind waiting a couple months. This is why I'm going to check the first week sales. Depending on what I see is whether or not I cancel my preorder and wait.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli
    The game was released for an extremely small fanbase, so if they don't pick it up, it could be a month or two and we'll already see a price drop. Would you like to pick up a game for $55(if you preordered it earlier,) only for the game to drop in price in a month or two? I sure as hell wouldn't. I don't care if it's the greatest game of all time in my opinion, if it's possibly going to get an early price drop then I don't mind waiting a couple months. This is why I'm going to check the first week sales. Depending on what I see is whether or not I cancel my preorder and wait.
    But is a price drop worth contributing to the likelihood of the US not getting any additional Yakuza titles in the future? I don't think so, and that's my number 1 reason for buying this game at launch. It may be for naught anyway, but if I'm going to complain about it at a later point in time, I want to at least know that I wasn't part of the problem. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

But is a price drop worth contributing to the likelihood of the US not getting any additional Yakuza titles in the future? I don't think so, and that's my number 1 reason for buying this game at launch. It may be for naught anyway, but if I'm going to complain about it at a later point in time, I want to at least know that I wasn't part of the problem. :P
    If there's a price drop in a month regardless, that means we won't get future titles regardless. That's why I'm going to wait a week and see how it sells. If it gets atleast 15,000 sales, then yeah, I'll buy it. But if we get in the range of under 10,000 sales, that's an obvious clue that the game is going to drop quick.

So first week I really hope it atleast hits 15,000. Low number, but high enough to where I'll give it a chance without thinking twice.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-02-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Yakuza 4 is coming to the US in Spring 2011! That's a year away so gives them enough time to get everything localized.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/08...n-spring-2011/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

It's nice to see Yakuza finally become a success outside of Japan and that we don't have to spend 2 years begging Sega localize the damn games. Looks like their bold move on releasing Yakuza 3 the same time as Final Fantasy 13 worked out.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Nice to see it getting a US release, although I still wish Yakuza 3 was the one to get the better localization, assuming this one won't be sliced and diced as well.

In other news, a PSP game is coming out in Japan as well, but I think it's supposed to be a fair bit different with a younger demographic. Who knows if they'll bother localizing that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Nice to see it getting a US release, although I still wish Yakuza 3 was the one to get the better localization, assuming this one won't be sliced and diced as well.

In other news, a PSP game is coming out in Japan as well, but I think it's supposed to be a fair bit different with a younger demographic. Who knows if they'll bother localizing that one.
    It's with a different main character. Still in Kamurocho. I hope they localize it because what Yakuza fan wouldn't want a portable Yakuza game? Also from the screen shots the graphics look amazing. High quality prerenderings with really good looking 3d character models.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

kupomogil, you might wanna look into Kenka Bancho on the PSP, it has some similar themes and concepts going on to Yakuza. Would be nice if we got more of that series too, as that one is pretty rad.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

this reminds me I haven't bought a yakuza game since I enjoyed the original (very much) I need to do so. I wish shenmue had this sort of success or that they would finally release more shenmue because of this series success!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

So Yakuza 4 finally hit store shelves this week, in limited quantities at that and has proven to be difficult for some people to find. I was able to get a copy at a local Best Buy, others haven't been soo lucky. Not sure if the $40 price tag they have influenced a few blind purchases, but it seems that most stores have only been getting about 4 copies, so good luck to those who haven't gotten the game yet. The only other retailer that seems to be carrying the game is in stores is K-Mart, who is also offering a copy of Yakuza 3 for free with purchase, which is a rather odd offer if I say so myself.

Anyway, I've played the first few chapters of the game and they've yet again managed to improve the hell out of the combat system. Gone is the rather bland leveling system they've had since the original game, now it's a little more updated Soul Points system where you simply just spend those points on what skills you want to gain. And for those who were upset with the localization of Yakuza 3, there has been virtually nothing cut from Yakzua 4 other than the title music (due to copyright issues) and a quiz game that's no big loss at all.

I'm pretty satisfied with the game already and am ready to sink yet another 30+ hours into the world of the Yakuza.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

no one on this forum will sell me yakuza 2, RAGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

on a sunnier note, looks like im gonna have to drop by k mart this week & take advantage of this deal, THANKS GUY ABOVE ME!
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

I also managed to pick up my copy in Best Buy if only for being $20 cheaper than Gamestop....and Gamestop STILL hasn't called me to say it's in stock (I have it preordered but will cancel today). Nothing more to say except I am loving the game so far in every aspect. Go get it. Now...go!
    Mika: Where are you taking me, Gillian?
    Gillian: To look at videos on YouTube...
    Mika: *sigh* No more videos of a drunk Harry dancing with a dead Snatcher...
    Giliian: Nope, it's better...Its LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos!
    Gillian: And after that, you should also visit
    The Policenauts Paradise and Snatcher Shrine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I haven't received it from Amazon yet, should arrive tomorrow.

Aside the fact that I really wanted Yakuza 4 and I didn't know a deal would pop up in a week is why I preordered it. But this right here is the reason I rarely preorder games even if I'm interested in them anymore, because a month later they'll just have some amazing sale where you can get it for half the price. There are two Best Buy stores near me, both are 45 minutes away, so between gas money and taxes, I wouldn't be saving much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Recieved my Yakuza 4 - pre-ordered the Steelbook edition from Game which is in a very nice case. As per when Yakuza 3 came out, I still haven't finished the previous game. Just loaded up my Y3 file and I'm 7 hours in and just about to start chapter 5. Seems I'll have a long way to go if I want to play this first before the 4th one.

Also, its sad to see Of The End get cancelled but its not that unexpected. I heard even the demo got pulled off the Japanese PSN.
    http://andallshallbewell.wordpress.com
    Where I talk about whatever I want - which includes lots of videogames.