Thread: Any news on a new Wild Arms game?

Great Puma (Level 12) Chainsaw_Charlie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Any news on a new Wild Arms game?

I havent heard anything since the release of Wild Arms XF last spring
    My rotating want list http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101550

Your television doesn't care how angry you are with it. Turn it off and find something better to do with your time.-Beserker

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    CROM JR

you know, i played the orginal, and then the 2nd one had nothing to do with the first one, maybe quoted a name here or there, but nothing, the 3rd wasnt either...

did the games ever have true sequels? or did wild arms take the final fantasy route?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

As far as I know the only thing the Wild ARMs series has in common is they're all in Filgaia aside from small references.

Wild ARMs 3 has references to Wild ARMs and Wild ARMs 2. From Wild ARMs there's Siegfried who is from the demon race and then from Wild ARMs 2 there is Marivel who was only in a small series of books throughout the game. Wild ARMs 5 allows for alternate costumes of Lord Blazer and Cecilia's costumes from Wild ARMs 2 to be used.

ARMs isn't even the same in every game. In the original game, 3, and 5, ARMs were guns. In Wild ARMs 2, it's Agile Remote Mission Squad. In Wild ARMs XF, they're the item that allows for class change. I don't even remember if there was a meaning at all for ARMs in Wild ARMs 4.

I would like to see another Wild ARMs, after the amazing game that XF was with the tactical style combat, a game I thought rivaled even that of Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics when it comes to customization and strategy, I would like to see it in that form. However, I would also like to see another game go back to the older Wild ARMs format of Wild ARMs 1, 2, and 3. Each game in the series enhanced on the prior game so that every single game was different and each game was still good. Unfortunately 4 and 5 really didn't do anything much to differ from one another so it's not like either is really better than the other, though both games are good. The only exception really is Wild ARMs Alter Code F which is a mix between the original Wild ARMs and Wild ARMs 3 but extremely watered down with smaller dungeons, smaller towns, and less of everything in comparison to the other two games. It's not really a bad game but it's by far the worst Wild ARMs.

However, I don't really want them to rush a new Wild ARMs game. Other than the Ogre Battle Saga, Wild ARMs is my favorite RPG series and as long as the next game is a good game, doesn't matter how long it takes. I'd rather Wild ARMs 5 be the end and the series have no bad games rather than releasing games just to milk the franchise like many other companies have been doing with franchises lately.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-27-2009 at 11:11 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

God I love Wild Arms!
    I could just imagine playing a new installment on my 360.

Wild Arms 1 and 2 were great original RPGs.
    Wild Arms 3 had some neat ideas but the series really started to get stale.
    Wild Arms 4 was one of the most enjoyable RPGs I have played in years and it is a perfect example of how to reboot a series without straying to far from its roots. I LOVED the 2.5d platforming sections.
    Wild Arms 5 (which I have only recently started) is, like Kupo said, very much like Wild Arms 4. But thats certainly not a bad thing. And from what I read it has lots of references to the other games. It's sort of like they were making a game for the fans and trying to go out with a bang!

If we do end up seeing a next gen Wild Arms game they can be sure i'll pick up a copy.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?