Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2009 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got into a bit of a bidding war on this one, but won it for just under $50 shipped.

I already had one but I've never seen the box and just had to have it haha

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

That controller is cool, it's like a wireless controller receiver that's a controller in itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    Eh, not exactly purple, but nice finds anyways!
    Yeah, I guess it's truly just clear, but for some reason it always looks like it has a purple tint to it. What is the actual color for this one, as I don't see "Clear" on the RFGeneration list. What is "Glacier"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    Yeah, I guess it's truly just clear, but for some reason it always looks like it has a purple tint to it. What is the actual color for this one, as I don't see "Clear" on the RFGeneration list. What is "Glacier"?
    The official name for it is "Glacier."
    Doesn't look anything like a glacier though IMHO.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Augh. Today's finds:

CDs were $1, Total War was $2.

Vagrant Story doesn't include the game disc! Everything else (the demo disc, inlays and manual) are pristine though, so someone must've swiped the disc before I got there. Hydro Thunder was $3 and it was the last of the Dreamcast games available at the place where I got the other ones from earlier this week.

Now for the story... I saw a complete copy of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with a 25 user license at the flea market but it was $10, so I passed on it. I didn't think it was worth that much. I went on my way, did a bunch of errands and got home by noon. I decide to check out the thing on eBay. It was worth $450!!! I ran back to the flea market but by the time I got there the guy was gone, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh. *cries* On the way out, I picked up Dance Dance Revolution (PS1) and that Dole game, both for a buck.

I weep. I could've gotten a new hard drive with that program... *cries*
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aaron7 View Post
    Got into a bit of a bidding war on this one, but won it for just under $50 shipped.

I already had one but I've never seen the box and just had to have it haha
    One of these was up multiple times on my local CL, boxed even, but they were asking at least 50, and that was just too much for me. Cool controller, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked up a copy of some drag racing game for the XBox from 2004 or 2005 at my local Dollar Tree. I figured that for $1, it can't be too bad.

JY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nothing special - Dino Crisis 2 - $2.99

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Vagrant Story doesn't include the game disc! Everything else (the demo disc, inlays and manual) are pristine though, so someone must've swiped the disc before I got there.
    That's always the way it is around here. If there's a video game of just about any sort left out in the open in any of the area's thrift stores, the disc will be stolen. It won't possibly be stolen maybe, it will be stolen. These local animals will swipe anything it seems. I've come across a few crappy sports games in a few stores, some with discs. The next week, all empty. It's as if people don't have anything better to do than steal from a shop run by a children's charity. Cocksuckers.

Anyway, on to something more cheerful. I went to Waco, TX this morning to drive my half-blind Mom to visit an old friend, and after dropping her off I decided to hit a bunch of thrifts on the way back. Didn't find much in actual thrift stores, other than an Atari 7800 Pro Controller in a Goodwill Computer Works for $5. I did however stop at the FX Game Exchange in town and found a Colecovision power supply for $6.95, T-Mek and After Burner for the 32X (loose) for $4.95 each, and Bounders and RDF Global Conflict for the Sega CD for $8.95 each. On my way home I went to a Movie Trading Company in Fort Worth and picked up Dark Savior (disc only, Japanese import?) for $9.99, Gain Ground (Genesis, loose) for $7.99, Contra Hard Corps (Genesis, loose) for $6.99, and Pac-Mania (Genesis, loose), free because of their "Buy 3 Used Games Get One Free" offer.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post

Anyway, on to something more cheerful. I went to Waco, TX
    I'm glad you found a few things over here. For me, garage sales, Goodwill and thrift shops, and the flea market has been a big "meh". Other than the Japanese Game Gear games I got last week, everything has been pretty uninteresting game-wise.

Next time you visit Waco, you should try the other game store, Games N' Things ( I think it's called). It just opened a few months ago and it seems to have better prices than Special Fx. It doesn't have as good a selection, but it's worth a try every once in a while.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Insert Coin (Level 0) GOLDEN KEYS's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I hit up the usual second hand stores today and had a few small finds.

First stop was Bookmans Mesa, where I found a few atari games I didn't have at a buck a piece. I always wonder why the hell they charge a dollar for all Atari games when their Phoenix location never charges more than fifty cents. I picked up 3D Tic Tac Toe, Chopper Command, Jungle Hunt and Raiders of the Lost Ark for the 2600 and Karateka for the 7800. I also got Dragon Spirit for the NES for two bucks.

Next stop was a shitty Goodwill in Mesa that never has anything, at least when I'm there. However, today I found a cool little retro TV that I figured I could use for a Commodore monitor or something. Price tag said ten but it was on sale for the week so I got it half off.

Headed to one more Goodwill in Mesa, where I found a six switch 2600 for ten bucks. I'd actually just bought a 2600 a little over a month ago from there for ten bucks. They must get them in a lot, since they just stick them out on the floor with the PS1's and don't bother to lock them up in the case. I now have three 2600's but this is my first six switch. The system had a copy of Defender in it for two bucks, which I have two copies of, but I left it in there and didn't get charged for it.

Total for the day after all three stores was about twenty three bucks. I decided to use my new TV and set up a 2600 station in the corner of my game room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Next time you visit Waco, you should try the other game store, Games N' Things ( I think it's called). It just opened a few months ago and it seems to have better prices than Special Fx. It doesn't have as good a selection, but it's worth a try every once in a while.
    I'm going back to pick my Mom up on Saturday, so I can always stop at Games N' Things. Where is it located at? And on another note, how is the local flea market scene?
    Edit: I found Games N Things, it popped up on Google Maps. And crap-on-a-stick, I was in that area today! I was thrift store shopping around there, but didn't see it. I was probably looking on the maps I saved to my iPod rather than paying attention to my surroundings. Damn.
    Last edited by Steve W; 08-13-2009 at 01:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's always the way it is around here. If there's a video game of just about any sort left out in the open in any of the area's thrift stores, the disc will be stolen. It won't possibly be stolen maybe, it will be stolen. These local animals will swipe anything it seems. I've come across a few crappy sports games in a few stores, some with discs. The next week, all empty. It's as if people don't have anything better to do than steal from a shop run by a children's charity. Cocksuckers.

Anyway, on to something more cheerful. I went to Waco, TX this morning to drive my half-blind Mom to visit an old friend, and after dropping her off I decided to hit a bunch of thrifts on the way back. Didn't find much in actual thrift stores, other than an Atari 7800 Pro Controller in a Goodwill Computer Works for $5. I did however stop at the FX Game Exchange in town and found a Colecovision power supply for $6.95, T-Mek and After Burner for the 32X (loose) for $4.95 each, and Bounders and RDF Global Conflict for the Sega CD for $8.95 each. On my way home I went to a Movie Trading Company in Fort Worth and picked up Dark Savior (disc only, Japanese import?) for $9.99, Gain Ground (Genesis, loose) for $7.99, Contra Hard Corps (Genesis, loose) for $6.99, and Pac-Mania (Genesis, loose), free because of their "Buy 3 Used Games Get One Free" offer.

bouncers looks very cool for some reason (Im not really a fan of basketball) is the game any good?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I haven't tried it out yet. It's one of those that captured my imagination back in the day, but I've never gotten around to picking up until now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice neckbeard on that RDF guy. Is that supposed to be a Kane ripoff?

Note to self: there are advantages to hiring real actors over taking pics of the programmers at midnight, without coffee, and during the middle of a crunch

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going back to pick my Mom up on Saturday, so I can always stop at Games N' Things. Where is it located at? And on another note, how is the local flea market scene?
    Edit: I found Games N Things, it popped up on Google Maps. And crap-on-a-stick, I was in that area today! I was thrift store shopping around there, but didn't see it. I was probably looking on the maps I saved to my iPod rather than paying attention to my surroundings. Damn.
    Salvation Army is also a stones throw from there. I've gotten some 2600 games and a Gamecube game there. Not bad, since it's a new store. I heard that the last Salvation Army employees got in a buttload of trouble for cherrypicking the stuff that came in. Now we have this new one and I've been finding a lot of other good stuff there. (gold watch, brand new Tascam 4 track cassette recorder, flute, etc.)

I usually visit the flea market on Sunday, so I can't say much for "Treasure City" on Saturday. I can say it's much more crowded on Sunday. We're usually hitting up garage sales on Saturday. At that particular flea I've gotten Earthbound (and guide!), Glib (2600, R7), 4 Xonox single-ender Colecovision games, and a few other minor things. Most of the time I leave with some NES games for my collection and a surprise or two.

That 2600 lot:

Coconuts
    Strawberry Shortcake Musical Matchups
    Star Wars Jedi Arena
    Dragster
    Pole Position (silver label)
    Defender
    Breakout

Instructions:
    Breakout, Defender, Pole Position, Atari VCS, Berzerk, SwordQuest: Earthworld, Air Raiders, Air-Sea Battle, Demon Attack, 3 catalogs, and Atari Force #2.

all for around $7. Not that bad. Not that good either.
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 08-13-2009 at 01:00 PM.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Strawberry (Level 2) cityside75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Made a quick garage sale run today and picked up:

Kingdom Hearts
    Kingdom Hearts II
    Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy X-2
    Street Fighter EX3
    Tales of Destiny (PS1)

All for a grand total of $10. I picked most of these up to flip, as I don't really play RPG's, but I figured the FF and KH games were my best chance at making a few bucks. I picked up Tales of Destiny just on a gut instinct but assumed it wasn't worth much. Imagine my shock in finding it sells for upwards of $50 on ebay! Between this and the Symphony of the Night I picked up for $1 a couple weeks ago, I've been doing well with PS1 games lately.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Hit a bunch of garage sales today.

First find was Arc the Lad for $3, which I guess isn't that great a deal, but it goes in the collection, so that's okay. They also had some other PS2 games at the same price, SW Lego 1 & 2, and the like, but nothing I needed. Saw a few Twisted metal Blacks today, but again, not needed. The SNES was 10 bucks and SMW + DKC were thrown in, marked 1 each. Next door was another sale with some more SNES games, these marked .25 each. 3 are sports, the other Spawn. Meh, but for 25 cents worth it to bundle with a console. They also had American McGee's Alice for 2 bucks, which I snatched up. My second Alice in as many weeks!

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Not much today, just an SIO cable for my 800XL and an adding machine that I got for $1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Hit a bunch of garage sales today.

First find was Arc the Lad for $3, which I guess isn't that great a deal, but it goes in the collection, so that's okay. They also had some other PS2 games at the same price, SW Lego 1 & 2, and the like, but nothing I needed. Saw a few Twisted metal Blacks today, but again, not needed. The SNES was 10 bucks and SMW + DKC were thrown in, marked 1 each. Next door was another sale with some more SNES games, these marked .25 each. 3 are sports, the other Spawn. Meh, but for 25 cents worth it to bundle with a console. They also had American McGee's Alice for 2 bucks, which I snatched up. My second Alice in as many weeks!
    I would've grabbed the LSW II, they trade into Gamestop for about $7 and more if there are bonuses going on.