Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2009 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

So, I went back to Waco today to pick up my mom and drive her back home. On the way I stopped at the Treasure City Flea Market (at the old Circle Drive-In Theater lot? I think I might have seen a movie there as a kid). I didn't find anything interesting videogame-wise, but I found something interesting on the toy front. A stall had a couple of jumbo Shogun Warriors there, Dragun and Godzilla. I know that Godzilla is fairly rare, so I asked the woman there how much. She had no idea, and had to call her husband. "Honey, how much is the big Godzilla and the big red robot thing..... The Godzilla is $140, and the..." About this time I just said, "Nevermind!" and walked away. I go out to flea markets because I'm looking for a bargain, not so I can pay eBay prices! If I was willing to pay those prices, I would have already bought one. And if you want that much money for something you're selling, then put in on fucking eBay instead of trying to sell it at a flea market.

I hit the Games N' Things store Ryaan 1234 told me about, and I bought Dungeon Explorer, AD&D: Eye of the Beholder, Dracula Unleashed, and Android Assault for the Sega CD, all complete (except for Dracula which is missing the foam insert and the case is damaged) and Shark Attack for the Atari 2600 (loose and missing the end label). Well, turns out I already have Shark Attack. Oh well. Shark Attack was 95˘ and the Sega CD games ranged between $3.95 and $7.95 (with one being free). I really left a big gap in their Sega CD shelves. But it's so rare that I find any decent Sega CDs in retro stores, let alone at such good prices.
    Last edited by Steve W; 08-15-2009 at 04:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

NES $2 each:

Wrecking Crew
    Punch-Out
    Battle Chess
    Gradius
    Image Fight
    Gold Zelda II: Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

A great week; with plenty of stuff I had been looking for, even though I didn't get to many garage sales.

- Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Genesis. Loose in near mint condition): $1
    - Phantasy Star II (Genesis. Loose in mint condition): $12

The nearest Game-X-Change is starting to go downhill again. They no longer have the cases to any Sega Genesis games; probably throwing them out ot make more shelf space. Still, I had been wanting Phantasy Star II for a while; this being the first copy I've seen there in nearly a year.

Non-gaming items:
    - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (Paperback book. In very good shape): $1.25
    - Batman Returns (VHS. In near mint condition): $1
    - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (VHS. In near mint condition): $1
    - Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace (VHS. In very good shape): $.50

I may not care much for Star Wars: Episode I, but for only $.50, it's hard to go wrong. Also, I finally have a copy of one of my favorite Star Trek movies.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    So, I went back to Waco today to pick up my mom and drive her back home. On the way I stopped at the Treasure City Flea Market (at the old Circle Drive-In Theater lot? I think I might have seen a movie there as a kid). I didn't find anything interesting videogame-wise, but I found something interesting on the toy front. A stall had a couple of jumbo Shogun Warriors there, Dragun and Godzilla. I know that Godzilla is fairly rare, so I asked the woman there how much. She had no idea, and had to call her husband. "Honey, how much is the big Godzilla and the big red robot thing..... The Godzilla is $140, and the..." About this time I just said, "Nevermind!" and walked away. I go out to flea markets because I'm looking for a bargain, not so I can pay eBay prices! If I was willing to pay those prices, I would have already bought one. And if you want that much money for something you're selling, then put in on fucking eBay instead of trying to sell it at a flea market.

I hit the Games N' Things store Ryaan 1234 told me about, and I bought Dungeon Explorer, AD&D: Eye of the Beholder, Dracula Unleashed, and Android Assault for the Sega CD, all complete (except for Dracula which is missing the foam insert and the case is damaged) and Shark Attack for the Atari 2600 (loose and missing the end label). Well, turns out I already have Shark Attack. Oh well. Shark Attack was 95˘ and the Sega CD games ranged between $3.95 and $7.95 (with one being free). I really left a big gap in their Sega CD shelves. But it's so rare that I find any decent Sega CDs in retro stores, let alone at such good prices.
    Firstly, yes it is an old drive-in. Neato, isn't it?

And secondly, I know the guy with the toys. (Had an enclosed booth, right?) He's a complete asshat who never sells anything. I have no idea how he still manages to set up out there.

I've been eyeing that copy of Raft Rider that Games N' Things has (jut fyi). It's good to know that you got some games that you're happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin H View Post
    Thats the GI Joe command center. Pretty cool toy, I still have it, Did you get the big gun that fits in the front of it? It would of sit on the piece that is at the top leftish of your pic.
    I'll check on the gun. The plastic on the command center seems to be yellowed (wtf?).
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 08-15-2009 at 04:40 PM.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    I've been eyeing that copy of Raft Rider that Games N' Things has (jut fyi). It's good to know that you got some games that you're happy with.
    I was sort of considering buying that one, since I bought one last month in Monroe, Louisiana but without an end label. But it really wasn't all that good of a game to begin with, so I left it. It's the kind of game you'll play for a maximum of 90 seconds, then say "okay, I get it" and put it away. No wonder Vidtec/US Games never had a hit on their hands with that kind of output back then. Space Jockey was their first game I believe, and they only went downhill from there. What do you expect from a video game company started by Quaker Oats?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yardsales 8-15-09 & Pawn Shop 8-14-09

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Prince, The (GC) (Complete) - $5

Got this at a sale starting at 9 probably shortly before 9 as they were still setting up. Asked about games and under some VHS tapes in a box was a GameCube ($30) this and disc only Resident Evil 4, $5 was the IAP.

Mario Paint With Dust Cover & Mouse - Free
    Game Gear With Baseball Game In System & Wide Gear, missing battery covers - .25

Mario Paint was in the free box at a sale & I got the Game Gear at almost 11, it was marked .75 but the lady wanted everything gone so everything left was .25, she mentioned some other games that sold eariler, I'm guessing Game Gear games.

2 Old 3˝ Floppy PC Games & Some Magazines - $1

Everything was marked .10 but I got 20 items for a buck. The Spellcasting Party Pak wasen't even out the guy just gave it to me. I'm thinking he didn't want it out for kids to see since it seems to be some sort of adult game. I only took a picture of the one old Nintendo book and some other Nintendo related stuff the rest was newer like a few last gen EGMs I picked out. This is the first time I've ever found Nintendo Power Magazines at a yardsale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got this stuff from the Pawn Shop Yesterday, 2 NES games for $5

Pac-Man (Namco)
    Zanac

I couldn't remember if I needed Pac-Man (I did I had the Tengen licensed version) and added in Zanac to replace my copy in lesser condition since the NES games are $3 each or 2 for $5

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    What do you expect from a video game company started by Quaker Oats?
    This:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    This:

Autobots. Roll out.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl View Post
    Spellcasting Party Pak
    Holy crap! Yes, it's kinda sorta adultish, but it's also pretty valuable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A great end to my day of finds. I figured I would only post a pic of this.
    I even had my discount card so it was $3.59 and then I had store credit left so it was free.

I also got the following today:
    Complete and Mint Actraiser for SNES $25 store credit
    Complete and Mint Paladin's Quest for SNES $25 store credit
    Pikmin 1 & 2 both black label and complete for GC $25 in store credit at same store as above
    Super Mario Kart cart only $5
    Super Mario All-Stars cart only $5
    Home Improvement snes complete $5

So not a bad day. Stoked on the GB find though!!!!

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Friday and Saturday Finds:

At a Goodwill, picked up a mint, complete PSX Final Fantasy IX for $1.99 and found one of the first DVRs, a Panasonic Showstopper for $4.99. Hooked it up quick, and it seems to work, has a bunch of Family Guy and Mythbusters episodes, along with a few NASCAR races. Works with ReplayTV which is supposedly free and still around…will be checking into this further.

Found a rummage that had a bunch of gaming stuff, including an Arcade Wrestling stand-up for $200, and a Wii plus 50 games for $350 (all games were CDRs ) and I passed on both. He also had some arcade flyers and marquees…sadly passed on a scratched glass centipede marquee, but picked up an Omega Race panel for $5 and 3 Marvel vs. Capcom 2 flyers for 25 cents each.

Another rummage had a ton of cart-only N64 games for $2 each, and I cherry picked the best ones. At my final stop today, I got a Gameboy Mario Golden Coins for a quarter, and a complete SNES Earth Defense Force for $3. An okay couple of days…

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

GARAGE SALES..

Running here and there...

SNES(White) $10.00 with AERO The Acrobat Game.

SNES(Faded) $10.00

NES System In Box..The RF,AV and Power Supply havew never been unwrapped.$25.00
    The SM3 game in box was in some kids hand so I didn't bother asking(I have one already)

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

FLEA MARKET>>>

Xbox Light Gun $5.00(above pic
    Sega CD INXS $2.00 Still Sealed above pic.....((((Worth anything?
    Nerf Guns $2.00 Each above pic

Picket up this Gun Cabinet for $40.00..It came with a new lock that I Installed already.

Red Vintage Bell Helmet For Son $7.00

SONY 50 CD Changer..The guy taped the door shut so that it would not open when moving it...$5.00
    It was loaded with CDS but none were stuff I'd listed to so I gave them back to the guy.
    The first thing I did was try this when I got home..it works GREAT..I always wanted one of these..I don't even know where all my CDS are..I have like 20 in it so far.
    Funny as I was telling my dad right before I found it that I wish I had one of thos 100 CD changers but I'm not sure they make one that big.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Genesis model 2 w/ 3 controllers, hookups, and Dynamite Headdy, Altered Beast, Mega Turrican, Super Street Fighter 2 (2 copies), Sonic Spinball, Taz Escape from Mars and Genesis 6 Pak - $10

Rugrats Movie (gbc) - $.25

Assorted PS1 controllers - $5 (The wireless controllers don't have the adapter. )

Street Fighter 4 TE stick - $97.xx (From Fry's on sale today)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

I picked up Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer (DS) today from Best Buy on a 75% off sale so it was only $4.06. First new console or portable game in over a month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwill Hunter View Post
    a mint, complete PSX Final Fantasy IX for $1.99
    Last time I saw FFIX was for 40 bucks. Nice find for that price. Very nice.
    DERP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

I mapped-out a Super Saver Thrift that I had never been to before today. It had just about the lowest prices on electronics I have ever seen at a thrift in Alabama; CDs ranged from $0.99 to $3.99, VHS players were $6.99, and a lone N64 was $6.99.
    Low and behold, the shop had a small bin with some GB games within. I searched through the mini junk-mound and found "it". Yes, out of all 6 games in that bin, they actually had "that" one.

Metal Gear GBC. For $2.99.

I finally have a copy to go along with the box & manual that I got for free back in December!

After this, I went to the flea that I frequent in the same area, and got a complete copy of Gradius V for $15. You can never have too much Treasure goodness, right?

Finally, there was a complete copy of Skullmonkeys that one of the vendors brought out for me. He wants $25, and unfortunately for me, I didn't have enough.
    Hopefully he'll bring it back out next weekend.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

These are from a week ago. Some DC games came in in a place here, and I bought a few...

Dreamcast
    --
    Frogger 2 - Swampy's Revenge (complete) - seems okay, if unspectacular.
    Hydro Thunder (complete) - one of my all-time favorite racing games... the long load times hurt this version, though.

Oh, I also got another PSX memory card because the four I have are all full.

Then, a few days ago I got a PS2 memory card, because even though I've only had the system a bit over a year my first one is already full. I've been looking for a while, but didn't want to spend much... so when I saw a used (first-party) one for $5, I bought it immediately.

The last few are from today. A fairly new comics and figures and stuff store now carries older videogame stuff. Prices are average to high ($75 for a complete with box Atari 7800? I know that the things are rare around here, in fact that is the first one I have seen in person this decade, but still, that price is too high, even with the box...), but they had some very interesting stuff... could only spend a bit of money, and this is what I got. Cost $20 total.

N64
    --
    Doom 64 (cart only) (seems good)

Game Gear
    --
    Sonic the Hedgehog (cart only) (finally... awesome game! I'd been wanting this badly since getting a GG a few weeks ago... awesome to find one)

NES
    --
    Iron Tank (cart with box and slipcover but no manual) (good SNK shooting fun... with box! They had seven or eight NES games with boxes... you don't see that often, for sure.)

Genesis
    --
    Blades of Vengeance (cart and box, no manual) -- One of EA's best Geneiss games, I think. It's a side-scrolling fantasy action-platform game, with a 2-player simultaneous mode, and it's great stuff. Quite hard, and it has no saving or continues, but pretty good... I've been hoping I'd see a copy of this game for a while, so I couldn't miss a chance at getting it.)

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want to post pictures of this on Tuesday. Here's what I picked up within the last week.

Goodwill:

Lot of 6 Genesis games: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Not for Resale, box and manual);
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Not for Resale, loose);
    Ecco the Dolphin - The Tides of Time;
    Hard Drivin';
    NFL Quarterback Club;
    Road Rash;
    $6

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 w/ manual and jewel case (PC);
    Daytona USA (PC);
    Digimon - Digital Monsters Volume 1 (VHS);
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Kaiba's ghost episodes (VHS)
    $1 each

Play N Trade:
    Viewpoint (Genesis, $7.99);
    Sonic Spinball (Genesis, $2.99);
    manual for Vectorman, Virtua Fighter 2 (Saturn), and Virtua Cop (Saturn)

FYE:
    Mario and Luigi - The Superstar Saga (GBA, box & Manual);
    Astro Boy - Omega Factor (GBA, sealed);
    Scurge - Hive (GBA, sealed)
    $10 each
    Last edited by BetaWolf47; 08-15-2009 at 10:45 PM.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

SWAP MEET:

http://img268.imageshack.us/i/img0013yfv.jpg/
    http://img256.imageshack.us/i/img0014b.jpg/
    Genesis Lot: $10
    1 genesis model 1
    2 genesis model 3
    various cords
    arcade stick
    The Punisher boxed
    Mario Lemieux Hockey complete
    Sonic boxed
    Toy Story cart
    Taz cart
    Road Rash 2 box + manual only
    Desert Strike box only
    Beavis and Butthead box only
    genesis system instruction manual

That lot was worth it for The Punisher. Plus I've never had a model 3 before.

And not pictured: (my camera is being weird)

PS1 disc only lot: $5
    Digimon World 3
    Resident Evil 3

Pokemon Pinball missing battery cover - $1

Pokemon Blue - $3

Zero The Kamikaze Squirrel SNES - $3 (worth about 20 bucks on ebay last time I checked)

Shadow of the Colossus
    Digimon World 4
    Star Wars KOTOR PH
    All complete and $15 for all 3.