Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

I havn't gone thrifting in a long time, but I recently hooked up with a friend who's into thrifting equally as much as me and has a car AND knowledge of many stores I was unaware of, we went to about 10 or so stores and should be doing it on a regular basis, heres what I walked away with:

the strategy guides were 29 cents each (one of the pokemon one still has most of the stickers) the black gijoe tank is a rather hard to find sears exclusive and in amazing shape.
    rolo to the rescue I had never heard of so I picked it up for a buck, and it turns out its an r6 nieat. I had to pick up the shadowgate and cancer warrior books for obvious reasons. scud was marked at 7 but the lady said it was siting there so long she gave it to me for 4. never played it but worth 4$ for the amusing title. overall a good day :-)

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Blitzwing, it's like all your toys are lined up and going "Oooooooooooooooh."
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

PIZZA POWER, I wish i had that game as a kid.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Mutant League Football and Hockey complete for $2.99 each at goodwill. Looks like someone cleaned out all the genny games except sports and didn't realize these were worth anything.

Mutant League Hockey already sold on ebay for $19.99 + $3.99 shipping so I'm happy with the find.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    PIZZA POWER, I wish i had that game as a kid.
    its not a terrible licenced game at all, and it has 110% of the parts.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Wow, is the Quadra 605 really worth this much?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macintosh-Quadra...d=p3286.c0.m14

I need some of that Retr0bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I can't imagine anyone buying that Quadra. I mean, would anyone here want to buy an equivalent 486 PC for that price? Sure, Macs keep their value more than PCs, but still...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    Wow, is the Quadra 605 really worth this much?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macintosh-Quadra...d=p3286.c0.m14

I need some of that Retr0bright...
    Definately not worthy of that amount. The computer probably cant even access the internet in any way. You would get sad mac just by clicking the mouse.
    DERP

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blitzwing: That's a nice haul! I am particularly jealous of the TMNT board game, as well as the Shadowgate book. Should be a fun read! Ya know what's funny is, I also found a copy of Rolo at a Value Village sometime back, but passed it up. I went home, checked it at DP, and decided to go back and grab it because of the rarity (and it's a decent platformer). Sadly, even after cleaning the contacts, it wouldn't work. Who's gonna rescue Rolo?

This encompasses the last week or so for me:

Toe Jam and Earl for $6, super-complete with poster and reg card. WOO!!! The multi-tap is also super-complete!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's late at night and I'm tired. I just got home and I'm still going through stuff, glad I'm off work tomorrow because I have carts to clean. ^_^

I went to the flea market today. After, we went to watch Soylent Green at someone's house (I've finally seen it...) and hang out for a while. Now that's my kind of day.

Here's my flea market finds:

Top row stuff was $5 total. $2 each for Oni and Activision Anthology, both complete, and $0.25 each for the CDs. He had a few more PS2 games, but these were the only interesting ones, also passed on the SMB/DH carts. He had lots of big CD stacks on the table next to the games, but it was all metal. I saw a big rubbermaid container of CDs, and he said the price as I looked through, mostly crap though. I was VERY tempted to also get the sealed (???) copy of some high school's rendition of The X-Files. I picked it up, showed my friends, and the guy just tells me "Man, that stuff's weird!" I almost asked if he'd throw it in, but considering I was only buying $5 worth from him, I didn't.

Bottom rows of CDs were from the guy I used to always get CDs from. I've been ignoring his booth because he went from 2/$4 to 2/$7, and $3.50 for used CDs is a bit steep. Now he's 2/$5, so I dropped $20 on 8 CDs. Very happy to find some Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode, and Suzanne Vega that I didn't have yet. I'm curious about that darkwave compilation (OMG APOPTYGMA BERZERK REMIX CREDIT).

Vinyl was from someone I never saw there before. They had lots of stuff, mostly labelled rap/DJ. I flipped through those hoping for some electro 12" promos like I usually find among that stuff, but nothing. Three albums for $3.

...and now for my real finds!

I saw several random vendors with games on their tables today, but they were all overpriced and none had anything interesting. $10 for Redneck Rampage? You know what I'm talking about. I come to this table at the end of a building, the outside tables across from the booths, but still under the overhang. I see boxed PC games, and I'm not phased at all. I see Phantasmagoria in a stack of jewel cases, and I just think "pffft... probably wants at least $30 for it. I start looking through, figuring this guy knows what it's all worth. Black label Metal Gear Solid? Somewhat obscure PC releases? Ico? This guy must know his games, or at least have decent taste. As I look through the PC games, the PS2 stuff, the Genesis carts, I ask if he's got prices on anything while I push the (huge pile of) Everquest expansions aside. He's selling opened EQ expansions, maybe this isn't a regular game dealer...

One. Dollar. Per. Game.

PC:
    Phantasmagoria
    Betrayl in Antara
    The Journeyman Project Turbo (mint manual and disc to add to my JMP collection, mine have seen a lot of love)
    Septerra Core
    Witchaven II
    Blade Runner
    Battle Arena Toshinden (this one's a bundled release, has Internet Explorer, Creative Webphone, and "Sprynet," which may or may not be an early version of Skynet?)

Manuals for JMP and Blade Runner in cases, others have case inserts, Septerra Core is loose

PS2:
    Run Like Hell
    Red Faction
    MDK 2
    Ico (no manual, Blockbuster label on disk)
    Time Splitters 2 (no manual)
    Orphen (complete but disk is cracked in HALF, didn't notice until I got to my car, oh well)

Metal Gear Solid (this one says $10 on top, not sure what to think because I didn't notice it until I got home; replaces my GH copy that's missing a manual)

Tengen Gauntlet w/sleeve

Genesis:
    Mortal Kombat
    Mortal Kombat II
    Thunder Force II
    Technoclash
    Haunting Starring Polterguy

He told me he was happy to see them go to someone that would enjoy them, since his sons now have a 360.

Any suggestions on what I should sell or keep? I picked out a lot that I really wanted to play (all of them, really), but I know I have a few in here that I grabbed to get to an even $20. I spent $47 today including an iced tea after.
    Last edited by NayusDante; 08-17-2009 at 01:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    Wow, is the Quadra 605 really worth this much?
    Whoa, look at the specs on that thing. Monster.

To answer your question: Use the completed items search.

See how the other two ones sold for $45-ish before S&H?

Now, I think that perhaps the bidder just got desperate, but there STILL are a lot of parts in and work in it that put it a notch above other Quadras - and Quadras are already a cut above the regular Mac of the time. My Macintosh TV is from about the same time, but has a 68030 CPU instead of the 68040, and the rest of it isn't much to write home about. That Quadra would probably be about my dream machine for classic Mac apps -

- but probably not quite worth that money. I find it hard to believe that the few changes such as a new hard drive with SCSI to IDE terminator, new and overclocked CPU, extra RAM (both system and video), and other parts couldn't be done cheaper than the $250 premium - that said, a busy person will appreciate that the work's already been done for them.

There's a few features in there that probably put it above even much newer classic (OS 7.6.1) Macs, like the gigantic (heh) 9GB hard drive (think the original drives from that year are 500MB or less). Other than that, though, I wonder if the general statistics of this particular machine aren't already found on another OS 7.6.1 native machine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Call of Duty: World At War - $20
    Tea is for terrorists-Leo Laporte

Klingons Invented Saran Wrap

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Lostdwarf View Post
    whats DRE
    "Disc Read Error"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been on the hunt specifically for Genesis games seeing as I've been playing the system a lot lately in celebration of its 20th birthday. The Sunday regional market satisfied my appetite:

All from one vendor for $4 a piece. Most are in great shape, although Shining in the Darkness, Wonder Boy III, and Columns are missing their manuals. Dragon's Fury wasn't with the games, instead sitting in a separate box on the other side of the vendors stall mixed in with VHS tapes. I only grazed the movie boxes, so I'll comb them over more thoroughly this upcoming Sunday if he's there again to see if I overlooked any other games. I didn't realize Starblade got a Sega CD release, and it marks my 7th Sega CD game and still no system to play it on

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Holy crap! Yes, it's kinda sorta adultish, but it's also pretty valuable.
    Thanks I didn't realize this was worth anything and would have guessed it was worth peanuts not being much of a PC gamer, I did double check the contents and it is (surprisingly) 100% complete down to the warranty card.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Flea Market 8-16-09

Sega Genesis 2 With Arcade Controller & Hook Ups, Book, Jewel Master Manual & 23 Games - $10

Games

Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle (Cart)
    Battletoads (Cart)
    Beavis & Butt-Head (Boxed)
    Bram Stoker's Dracula (Cart)
    Castlevania Bloodlines (Cart)
    Clue (Complete)
    Columns (Boxed, Mega Drive)
    Fatal Fury (Cart)
    Ghouls'N Ghosts (Cart)
    Light Crusader (Complete)
    Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (Complete)
    Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (Cart)
    Shadow of The Beast II (Complete)
    Sonic Classics (Cart)
    Sorcerer's Kingdom (Complete But In A Rental Case)
    Shining Force II (Complete)
    Starflight (Cart)
    Strider (Cart)
    Sword of Vermilion (Cart)
    Taz In Escape From Mars (Complete)
    WWF Royal Rumble (Complete)
    Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Complete)

IAP was $10, I asked about any other games and unfornately this guy also had an NES with a "crate full of games" that I missed which could have been really nice judging by the Genesis bundle I got. This was about 9 this morning when I saw this so I was definately lucky to get it, I'm guessing the NES stuff was long gone by this time so I don't think it would have been around if I was out the door say a half hour eariler. This is the first time I've found anything Phantasy Star in the wild around here and I was surprised not to see a single sports game in the mix!

Donkey Kong Country 3
    Super Street Fighter II
    Tetris Attack
    Yoshi's Safari

$10

Regular seller that sells every week at this flea, first time having some older stuff like this so far this year. Was $5 each but took an offer of $2.50 per a game.

Legend of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Taz In Escape From Mars

$1

Asked about the games and said a buck for all three so I didn't argue.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I found a minty copy of Devil Dice for the PS1. $3. The same seller had Wheel Of Fortune and Monopoly, both for PS1 and GH, for three bucks too. I didn't buy them. Vanna's face in the cover creeped me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The treasure-hunting gods have been smiling upon me these past two days.

My church's thrift came up dry for me yet again. That place is either great or barren, never any middleground. Coolest thing I saw was a Dell Pentium II, flat white case, no HDD, asking $5.

Salvation Army let me down as well. I've been finding some neat stuff there, with some PS2 and SNES stuff last few weeks, along with lots of great music. Today was nothing.

Goodwill was actually rather good today.

Mario 64 w/manual - $3.06
    Wolfenstein 3D - $2.06 (later CD release, includes Spear of Destiny and demos for Quake II)
    Resident Evil Director's Cut Dual Shock Edition Greatest Hits - $4.06 (this one was ONLY GH right? I've never played RE, so I don't really care...)
    Sega Genesis Model 2 w/box! - $15.06 (I'll probably sell it and keep the box for mine)
    and one more thing at the end of this post...

After that, I didn't feel like going home yet, so I hit the library and the thrifts further up the road. I only go to those once in a while, they're not on my normal route.

Got two Weird Al albums on cassette at the library, $0.25 each.

I've been to this one thrift a few times, but the only thing I ever found there was my cassette player. They don't have much in the way of music or electronics, but I found a Psychadelic Furs album for $1. I looked around a little more, and was amazed to see a LaserDisc player! I had a feeling they were gonna ask something high for it, but the guy said $40. I countered with $20, and he went $25. I said $25 for the LD and that one CD, and that worked. I've been wanting to get into LD for a while, now I can. It's also a 5-CD changer.

One more shop down the road got me the Ren & Stimpy promo 2-disc thing for $2, the Amish Paradise single for $0.25, and a floppy disk box that had Descent in it for $1.59. Not sure what to do with all the old drivers, or the keys that are in here. Oh wait, the keys are for the box itself, it locks. That's pointless, you could just undo the back hinge...

And one last thing from Goodwill. This was shoved in with the crappy DVDs, and I didn't see any other SNES stuff. I couldn't remember whether it was really rare or just really weird, turns out it's both! R6, Bronkie the Bronchiasaurus, complete and in great condition! The box has a LITTLE wear, but it's pretty good. Gotta get that $3.06 price sticker off the back...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Resident Evil Director's Cut Dual Shock was not only GH.

Congrats on the LD player - hopefully it's a model with good composite output.

Me, I finally got this, pretty amazing deal if you ask me. Nice condition, just some shelf wear and some tiny white patches along the top front of the box - but still very good overall. A step below "like new" because of the wear, and maybe missing a warranty card. Beyond that pretty amazing.