Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2009 Finds

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSmurfette View Post
    Keeping Predaking because he is AWESOME...rest will probably be up for grabs.
    There's also a Jet-boat type 'transformer' (back right) in red/yellow/black. I don't know what this is. I thought that it's a knock off, but it's stamped "®Tomy Japan". Any Ideas?
    Firstly, nice G1 transformers! I only see one or two together at garage sales every once in a while, and they're usually broken in some way.

Tomy is a toy company that made electromechanical games and wind-up toys, not to mention the awesom Pac-man shaped tabletop game. That transformer is probably not a knock-off, just from another series of transforming toys. I seem to remember a series of Tomy robots called star-something. I might be wrong on that.

Sunday at flea market:

Okay, firstly I got two empty cases and a bonus disc for Star Trek season 2 & 3 everything for $1. Now I need the CDs and all of the other stuff.

City of Villians was $2 and I think I might try it out. I got a SNES game and 3 NES games that I wanted for my collection for $13. It's Megaman 3, Deadly Towers, Prince of Persia, and Castlevania 3 if you can't tell.

The calculator is an early 80s Ti-30 II slide rule calculator. Apparently it's a rare first version of this model calculator. It's worth a little money methinks. It cost me $2.

Speaking of 80s toys, I got all these for $14. They're mostly 3rd, 4th, and 5th series. I saw a few 2nd series with them also.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Good thing I went back to the flea market today... Someone I was looking for never showed up; maybe I'll have better luck later. As for the finds...

I went back for MK Gold and Gauntlet Legends, and picked up NBA Showtime too. $9 for the lot. Super Dodge Ball and Maniac Mansion are dirty but should play fine, they were $3 each too.

Karaoke Revolution Country... well, there's a bit of a story behind it. I bought it from a guy who sets up during the weekend and sells games then, but he spends the other days of the week hunting for other stuff to sell, kinda like me (but he specializes in hardware, furniture, that sorta stuff). Anyway I figured I'd go say hi since I hadn't seen him in a month, and I noticed he was placing some games out. I asked about them and he had Karaoke Revolution Volume 1, KR American Idol, KR Country and I forget what other game. He told me that someone had asked him to get those games and even gave him a deposit, but he never went to get the games... and since it was a long time ago, he figured he'd sell the games and make back the money he spent getting them. (I'm sure he'll give back the deposit if the guy ever goes for his games.) He was asking for $15, and I hesitated, but I ended up buying it. Why?

I already have KR: Country, but my copy is really messed up and scratched;
    I have KR Volume 1 and I can bundle it with KR Country to sell it on eBay. Heh.

Acrobat: $2, new
    CDs, $1 a pop

The booth where I got those CDs? I didn't even glance at it yesterday. The booth owner told me she had like 50 albums there and I missed out on most of 'em. Augh! Looks like they had tons of classic Jazz albums, too >_<
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 08-09-2009 at 03:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Insert Coin (Level 0) Shaq-Funaki's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a nice Craigslist score today.

-SNES Mini w/ all the hookups and one controller

-Kirby's Dreamland 3

-Kirby Super Star

-Yoshi's Island (2 Copies)

-Super Metroid

-Donkey Kong Country 2

-Super Mario Kart

-Super Mario All-Stars (Player's Choice)

-Super Mario World

-Sunset Riders

-Mega Man X

-Starfox

-NBA Jam

-NBA Jam Tournament Edition

-Zoop

-Mortal Kombat

-Spiderman/X-Men Arcade's Revenge

-Batman Forever

-Super Gameboy

All for $65. I think I did pretty well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

Man this pisses me off, my local bestbuy is a joke. They absolutely never have sales on anything. if i ever go and ask about clearance they are clueless and point at the regular priced games, he says some games in their are clearance because they are cheaper, im like no those are called platinum hits titles, not clearance lol.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Yes.

The box itself is in wonderful condition, as are the contents. It didn't come with any manuals, though. It was $15!

OH YES!

The manual is wonderful, and the disc is mint. I'm not sure if the case is supposed to have an insert or not. The outer box was missing, unfortunately.
    This was $1!!
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle15 View Post
    The manual is wonderful, and the disc is mint. I'm not sure if the case is supposed to have an insert or not. The outer box was missing, unfortunately.
    This was $1!!
    Yes, it should. But it doesn't matter, does it?
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Yes, it should. But it doesn't matter, does it?
    For a dollar, I don't suppose so.
    Normally I'm really picky about such things, but there was no way I could pass this up for so little.

Any idea on what you'd rate the rarity? Its not in the DP guide.
    Personally, I'd say maybe an R6 or R7. This is the very first copy I've ever seen.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Strawberry (Level 2) Streetball 21's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to post some find from last week, didnt have a chance to do it last week...

Hollywood Video sale, $4.99 each,

Harvest Moon-GC-complete
    Blue Dragon-360-complete w/all 3 discs
    Sonic Unleashed-360-complete
    Burnout Revenge-XBOX-complete with black case/not a green XBOX case
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07-Wii-came w/only the rental case, no manual

Then the flea market finds,

PS1 games:
    WWF Smackdown-complete
    WCW Mayhem-complete
    WCW Nitro-complete
    Twisted Metal 2-complete
    Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi-only with front insert, no instructions
    Darkstalkers 3-missing instructions
    WCW/NWO Revenge Prima Strategy Guide

Also found WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain (PS2) with the strategy guide for $5.00. Last but not least, not a find but I bought Wii Sports Resort.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Browsed around charity shops earlier today, all they had was crappy over priced PS2 sports games and one had a few Xbox games but I passed as I don't have an Xbox.

Went to a second hand electronics store which always has a decent amount of games but can be very hit n miss with its prices (generally over priced). Ended up buying Sonic Compilation CIB for £4.99 which isn't bad as it usually goes for 10 or more on ebay/amazon.

Amusingly it has a sticker on the front depicting Knuckles punching a cigarette packet with the tag line: "Smoking - Who needs it?" with a 'summer tour 1995' hotline number to call. I guess Sega were concerned over kids' health!
    I reject your reality and substitute it for one of my own!

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swamperon View Post
    Ended up buying Sonic Compilation CIB for £4.99 which isn't bad as it usually goes for 10 or more on ebay/amazon.

Amusingly it has a sticker on the front depicting Knuckles punching a cigarette packet with the tag line: "Smoking - Who needs it?" with a 'summer tour 1995' hotline number to call. I guess Sega were concerned over kids' health!
    Hey Swamperon, I'm interested in seeing that Knuckles sticker. Can you post a pic of it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just some things i have picked up recently
    metroid prime guide
    zelda ocarina of time guide
    zelda majora's mask guide
    and a the first twilight book....

for those2600 tapes loose $9
    spacechase x2
    turmoil
    sneak n peak
    infiltrate
    sorcerer
    space cavern
    picnic
    fire fly

ratchet deadlocked PS2 new clearanced $6
    http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&o...it&&lid=100018 wanna check my stuff out.......holla

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    Hey Swamperon, I'm interested in seeing that Knuckles sticker. Can you post a pic of it?
    Sure, no problem. Sorry about the quality. I normally remove all stickers but I think I'll keep this one!
    I reject your reality and substitute it for one of my own!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

while visiting my sister in nj went to a bunch of thrifts and goodwills, i found absolutely nothing.

Only thing i got on the trip was at a drugstore/ consignment shop. It was a very weird place run by an asian lady. They had normal retail dollar store items and then there was random garage sale junk in piles on the floor, also they had used furniture.

Anyway there was a box hidden in the back of the store with an atar system and games in it, she said 2.95 per game. It was all crap, i grabbed the game killer beefsteak tomatoes, i took a chance hoping it was mega rare but turns out only worth a few dollars. It did come with the manual which was nice.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Streetball 21 View Post
    Harvest Moon-GC-complete
    Which?
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Picked up a loose Interact "Fission" fishing controller for Dreamcast today at one of my Goodwills for 1.99. Now to dig out Sega Bass Fishing to test it.

Strawberry (Level 2) Streetball 21's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    Which?

Oops Harvest Moon: Magical Melody

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Three days in a row.

Office and the zBetterScan Method were $5 - I'm not sure what it actually is, but if it can improve my MobyGames scans, then yay. Night Trap was $1, MVP Baseball 04 was $3 (I got it thinking it was the 05 one... doh. Still worth some money though.)

A booth had a bucket full of CDs, I got these. Not sure what some of them are, but they sounded like my kinda music...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Stuff I picked up for the past week.

Gameboy Pocket with 2 games - $10
    Zelda - $15
    Super Paper Mario -$15
    Prinny - $25
    Cross Edge - $45

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's everything new over the past two weeks. Not much that's great, but it's better than nothing.

First, all from two weeks ago:

I mentioned back in July that there was going to be a sub sale in my own subdivision. However, I only found one thing there of interest: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages for $1.00. The rest of my garage sailing was not great either, but I least I made my XBox collection more than non-existent. The Halo games were both $3.00 a piece, which is about what I'd like to pay for them. Crimson Skies was a little high at $4.00, but I remember greatly enjoying the PC version a while back and figured this will be just as fun when I get around to playing it.

Later that day, I went to a nearby thrift and actually managed to find something: Pinball Dreams Deluxe for $1.99. I have the SNES port of this game, but this DOS port looks better, sounds better, and even features the four tables released as Pinball Dreams II. There were also a few PS1 games at the thrift, but the cases I found did not have their corresponding games. They were just common stuff, with no reason to search through the couple hundred CD to find the right game with a great chance of just coming up empty.

The Saturday Flea Market was much better. The boxed (and complete) PC games were originally $6.50. Way too high, but when the older lady manning the table saw me she lowed the price to $5 a piece, a bit better. A little bit of conversation with her, and they were down to $15 total, $3.50 a piece. Ridge Racer and Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey came from another dealer for $3 each, along with the N64 memory cards that I got for $2 each.

Now, for this past weekend:

Everything here was from Garage Sales on Friday: I didn't get to do any searching at all on Friday due to an eye exam and a constant heavy rain nearly all day. PlayStation games were all common, but I only had Jet Moto already and cannot really resist $1 each. Twisted Metal's missing it's manual, though. A different sale had the 1st party SNES controllers, 50 cents each. That sale had no games though, which seems quite odd to be. Ah well.

Hopefully this weekend can turn out a bit better.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sqoon and Run Saber - $5
    Quake 3 Revolution, Silent Hill 2, XFire annd Hart's War - $10
    UHF - $2
    FF7 - $10
    HDMI Cable and official Gamecube Component cable - $2