Thread: NES Monster in My pocket complete w/figure for 100$???

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Default NES Monster in My pocket complete w/figure for 100$???

Hi, browsing ebay last night I noticed someone is selling a complete copy of Monster in My Pocket for NES complete with the MIMP toy that was included. The seller must think she has something really special. She posts like 13 additional pictures, and when I ask her what her reserve price is she responds with $100.
    This seems rediculous to me. The box and manual are in just bad condition (I asked about the box and she said it was crushed). Now I am sure that without the figure this game with box and manual not worth anywhere near 100$ (especially in such a condition). So what is the figure worth or what is the game worth with the figure?
    Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280380206464

I have no plans on bidding on this, especially because for 4.52$ she wants to ship it via media mail. Shit like this really pisses me off, people want to sell their old crummy toys/collectibles on ebay for alot but when it comes to shipping it gets shipped the cheapest way possible. Media mail just plain sucks and is enough to deter me from buying anything shipped media mail, especially when I am paying for it. And OF COURSE this item could be shipped regular 1st class for around 2$ to anywhere in the US..

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DeadlyMaple
    PSN
    DeadlyMaple
    Steam
    some.nerd

Yeah, crap like that is just lame. Nobody in their right mind would spend that much on that game in that condition! Worthless piece of plastic included.
    I completely agree too, people just want WAY too much money for old video games, regardless of actual value. Case in point, this old guy at a flea market I went to today had well over 100 NES games, but anything worth buying was ludicrously overpriced ($29 for a LOOSE Megaman 4, Bubble Bobble, or Mike Tyson's Punch-Out? Come on...)
    Sadly, that seems to be the way things are going... :\

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by old_skoolin_jim View Post
    Yeah, crap like that is just lame. Nobody in their right mind would spend that much on that game in that condition! Worthless piece of plastic included.
    I completely agree too, people just want WAY too much money for old video games, regardless of actual value. Case in point, this old guy at a flea market I went to today had well over 100 NES games, but anything worth buying was ludicrously overpriced ($29 for a LOOSE Megaman 4, Bubble Bobble, or Mike Tyson's Punch-Out? Come on...)
    Sadly, that seems to be the way things are going... :\
    Hey old skoolin jim, did you goto the Raynham flea market? I see you are in Mass. A friend of mine sets up there and sells games. He generally sells them for reasonable prices, but usually doesnt have a ton of good stuff because he sells most of the rare stuff before it gets to the flea.

I hear that there are 2 other video game dealers at the Raynham flea market that sell games for absolutely rediculous prices, and my friend (Mr. 80s) undercuts them like crazy and still usually makes a good profit. Another friend of mine went to one of these crazy dealers and asked how much his loose copy of Super Punch-Out was, and the jerk with a thick boston accent replied "You are seeking a 150$ game there pal".