Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Save The Arcades Promotion! Play Game And Donate Your Points To Game Galaxy!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    We are in the top 10 most "endangered" malls in the country (Hickory Hollow Mall in Antioch, TN)
    Youch. I've been in 2 out of those 10 malls before (probably read the same article you did) and my god, they were desolate and to the point of not feeling safe in them. It sounds like you're probably the only point of interest in there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Use THIS if you are playing this game! SAVE THE WRISTS FROM CARPAL TUNNEL!
    Configuration is easy, be sure to assign a key to H to pause the game when it loses focus. Also be sure to make your shot key autofire.

+107,100

The game loooves to mess you over with screen-covering waves of offscreen bullets, but I knew that already. The shield gives you enough time to get out of harm's way when it's done, but there were a few times I lost a lot of health because it wouldn't engage quickly enough.

Used croctaur, which seemed to move a lot more quickly and responsively than the others I've used.

Edit:

+108,250

Well, the off-screen bullets are no surprise after a few levels. What I meant to say is that although individual enemies don't seem to get harder (they don't give up any more points than before), the game compensates by throwing more of them at you, for longer. At higher levels there's often a group of four-five enemies still onscreen when the boss appears.

The major issues for me (aside from the game being a POS) still are the lack of autofire (I wonder if joy2key could fix that) and the window suddenly resizing and losing focus.

For some reason I ended up doing better with the orangataur, no idea why. Speed doesn't seem any better (I think that having the game in its own window with no tabs helped speed out). Crocotaur should be the best because he's shorter and has a shield.

On the topic of the most endangered malls, here is that article portnoyd mentioned, strangely those pictures don't look too bad.

+122,450

I knew this game had bullets that speed up as they travel, but joy2key makes the effect much more pronounced. So pretty...hard to focus on flying straight with the added joy2key lag though.

+210,125

Hmm, shield and croctaur = winner
    joy2key stopped the window resizing issue too.
    Only got hit by a boss once. The main problem is bullet patterns appearing when you're between shield charges.

So that's 682,300 points from me so far! Woo!
    Last edited by Ed Oscuro; 08-13-2009 at 01:42 PM.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Wow, DreamTR's arcade went from first to last, it's getting crushed by 70 million points...

Starbase is such a sob story, lol.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

That's a pretty big discrepancy between first and last. I wonder if you can cheat at this game and rack up tons of points?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Supposedly there is a way, but I don't think anyone is doing it on our side,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If I worked at this game every day I'm sure I could have whittled down that lead slightly, but that would require...some kind of personal incentive

Really, I think the other sites must have a laptop with the game & and a controller set up at their front door, not to give any ideas...or they just have had a lot of people playing for them. 70M points isn't an unassailable number or anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Hey DreamTR.... I'm sitting here with todays Tennessean, in my lap.

Business section front page! Way to go!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...e+of+obscurity

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, we are definitely out there now... = )