Thread: Rock Band DLC to hit 1000 tracks by holiday with help of Queen, Nirvana & Elton John

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Rock Band DLC to hit 1000 tracks by holiday with help of Queen, Nirvana & Elton John

Aside from announcing the first three Beatles albums to be released as DLC for upcoming tear-jerker The Beatles: Rock Band, MTV Games and Harmonix today revealed intentions to bring the Rock Band DLC count to 1,000 songs by this holiday. At the current rate Harmonix is releasing songs for the franchise -- without factoring in the Rock Band Network -- that's roughly 500 songs per year.

Additionally, the companies have revealed a number of the artists that will be contributing to the holiday goal, including Queen, Nirvana, Tom Petty, Elton John, Iggy Pop, The White Stripes, Pantera, Talking Heads, Korn, and The Raconteurs, as well as the ever elusive "and more." You can always find out what new tracks are coming to Rock Band as DLC (and what's on the way) by using our Rock Band Weekly feature.
    Gallery: Rock Band 2

Rock Band DLC to hit 1000 tracks by holiday with help of Queen, Nirvana & Elton John originally appeared on Joystiq on Wed, 19 Aug 2009 20:20:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

I approved this soley for Perkar. The man must own almost all of them.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Too bad it's not an alternate Universe. 1000 new DCL for Rock Revolution would have killed him - achievement wise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For the new Nirvana DLC I hope they put some "In Utero" or "Unplugged" Nirvana tracks instead of the rest of Nevermind. Also glad to see we're finally getting some Pantera tracks.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't bought any Nirvana strictly because they haven't released Teen Spirit or Lithium. WTF is up with that anyway?
    Anyway, as excited as I am about Tom Petty and Queen and Iggy, I'm actually more excited about the mouthwatering Sub Pop catalogue.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Still no They Might Be Giants.

The FIRST band to commercially release an album exclusively in MP3 download format, technological rock pioneers ... you'd think they'd be a perfect fit for Rock Band.

"And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

TMBG stuff is more about the singing than the 'playing' so thats why I don't think its made it into Rock Band. Their use of synth's and other non RB instruments probably doesn't help much either. How am I going to play Particle Man (ACCORDIAN SOLO!!!) and Istanbul or Constantapole?
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    TMBG stuff is more about the singing than the 'playing' so thats why I don't think its made it into Rock Band. Their use of synth's and other non RB instruments probably doesn't help much either. How am I going to play Particle Man (ACCORDIAN SOLO!!!) and Istanbul or Constantapole?
    Understandable apprehension about TMBG, but any TMBG fan knows that the past 10+ years of their work has been full-band (lead & rhythm guitars, real drums, etc.) and has had a very straightforward rock vibe (or at least enough songs per album to fit the bill).

Also, there are plenty of songs on Rock Band that have synth or other instruments mapped to the guitar where unavoidable.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Remember, there is the new Rock Band Network thing coming, so bands that may not have been able to have the tracks done 'professionally' by Harmonix themselves now have another option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Understandable apprehension about TMBG, but any TMBG fan knows that the past 10+ years of their work has been full-band (lead & rhythm guitars, real drums, etc.) and has had a very straightforward rock vibe (or at least enough songs per album to fit the bill).

True, but a big portion of their last 7 years of material has also been their Childrens music. No!, Here Come the ABC's, Here Come the 123's and Here Comes Science. Those really wouldn't go over all that well in the RB store me thinks.

Their band stuff hasn't gotten nearly the love or recognition for their non childrens music since they've done the move. Not that Harmonix doesn't find lesser known bands (yes TMBG are known, but not to listeners of most mainstream music right now) and throw them into their games. I'd have never heard of Freeze Pop w/o their Frequency introduction, and there are a big bunch of one off bands in both RB and RB2.

Their innovation with the net and technology could work in their favor should they choose to use the Music Development kit that is in the works that would allow bands to get their music put into RB on their own, w/o having to go through Harmonix ect.
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

/me is still waiting for Dire Straits.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Yay Queen. Now just release a laaaaaaaaarge Feeder track pack and I'll never need to buy another rhythm game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Well, TMBG or no, I'm very satisfied with the recent Iron Maiden track pack. Harmonix has delivered the goods on many levels in Rock Band. Looking forward to the upcoming dev tools and the flood of music that may bring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Sliver by Nirvana is a must.

But more Nirvana is always a good thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

while rock band has added many goods songs to the dl library, i still feel they need more variety, they often release songs each week from the same artists again and again, some of the songs are not even good ones from a certain artists. I saw that they released an eve 6 song this past week, thats awesome, but i would rather have 2 or 3 eve 6 songs than tons of songs from spinal tap or guns n roses.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    while rock band has added many goods songs to the dl library, i still feel they need more variety, they often release songs each week from the same artists again and again, some of the songs are not even good ones from a certain artists. I saw that they released an eve 6 song this past week, thats awesome, but i would rather have 2 or 3 eve 6 songs than tons of songs from spinal tap or guns n roses.
    While I'm sure they generally have things planned out/scheduled very far in advance, it's tough from a business standpoint to argue against lots of releases from high-profile artists like Guns N' Roses in favor of "variety" simply because the high-profile stuff will sell.

The Spinal Tap releases were close together but reflect the recent anniversary of the band and the subsequent release of a new album.

I think the forthcoming band dev kit and "store" will keep things healthy in terms of a more interesting variety of content.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    I don't know, they just released Blind Melon, Janis, Dropkick Murphys, Gorillaz and Foo Fighters. Next week is Tom Petty, Billy Idol and Fleetwod Mac.
    If that ain't variety, I don't know what is.