Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Are Your Current Gen/Next Gen Pipe Dreams??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What Are Your Current Gen/Next Gen Pipe Dreams??

As the title suggests, what delusions of grandeur and sweet dreaming bliss make up your video gaming wish list? More specifically, what do you want from gaming that has no more than a slight snowball's chance in hell of happening?

For me the answer is simple and has been on my mind since I first started playing over Xbox live back in 2005. I want cross platform multiplayer gaming between the 360, PS3, Wii and Pc. I realize that a few games have this between the 360 and Pc(and upcoming with the PS3 and Pc) but I want the whole damn shebang. We already get multiplatform games so why not multiplatform gaming?

I have several friends(both on these boards and elsewhere) who only have a PS3 and haven't decided to take the leap to the 360 yet. And on the flip side of that same coin, many PS3 owners have 360 friends who haven't made the leap to the PS3 yet. It would be so nice if we could all play with our friends online regardless of which platform we had. And then of course theres the matter of fanboys finally getting to go console vs console. I'm sure that would be amusing....for a little while(especially if they are all your acquaintances), but eventually it would be yet another vehicle for fanboy bitching. But theres enough bitching over Xbox live now so it wouldn't change much.

I know that Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft playing nice together online would never happen in a billion years, but thats the whole point of it being a pipe dream. Then again, ten years ago did you ever think we'd finally see WCW vs. WWE vs ECW wrestling matches? And did you also think that a mere few years after that we'd finally get to see the UFC vs Pride to unify the titles for each weight class from both organizations(despite the fact that Fedor still won't sign and theres a few other Pride guys who haven't made the leap yet)?

So pipe dreams do come true sometimes. Of course, both of those scenarios were based on one of the rival companies going bankrupt and getting purchased by the other. And Sony, Nintendo and especially Microsoft are not anywhere near being endanger of going bankrupt. But a guy can dream can't he? Anyway, what are you guys(and ladies) pipe dreams for this gen or next gen?
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 08-27-2009 at 05:40 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The my pipe dream would be for Sega to make a port of Panzer Dragoon Saga. I want to play this game, but I'm to cheap to ever pay what it goes for on ebay.

The only one that comes to mind would be Sony putting BC back in the PS3.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

I don't really want to see a new console for another like 3-4 years (at least) I can't afford one and these consoles have plenty of life left I just want games. I'd like to see games made downloadable but at significantly lower prices. panzer dragoon saga should definetly be redone with all new 360 graphics and sound (they lost the source code so it would have to be redone from ground up) oh and dude don't be cheap its well worth the $$$ and will sell for the price you pay when your done if not more.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PC Gaming to move to the forefront of gaming...

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    For me the answer is simple and has been on my mind since I first starting playing over Xbox live back in 2005. I want cross platform multiplayer gaming between the 360, PS3, Wii and Pc. I realize that a few games have this between the 360 and Pc(and upcoming with the PS3 and Pc) but I want the whole damn shebang. We already get multiplatform games so why not multiplatform gaming?
    I honestly don't see why not. Why have servers for both the 360 and PS3 when they can have servers that both can be on. Maybe Sony and Microsoft could integrate a part in the Dashboard and XMB showing 360 friends(for the PS3 user) and PS3 friends(for the 360 user.)

It would also be better as leaderboards wouldn't be split from this to this. You'd truly know where you stand in the world rankings if both systems had a combined leaderboard.

It'll never happen though. Microsoft charges for XBL so that right there is a reason they wouldn't. It'd be like admitting that there really is no reason for being charged for online play.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shenmue 3
    Devs trying to make good games for the Wii.
    New Medievil
    A good console Sonic.
    Shadowrun 2 100% complete proto released for SNES
    Metroid 2.5D Wii
    XBL/PSN/Wiiware games on disk(in fact no DLC ever again)
    Final Fantasy franchise dead!
    Last edited by CDiablo; 08-26-2009 at 05:35 PM.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My number 1 is "Mushroom Kingdom Hearts". Others:

- Streets of Rage 4/Fighting Force 3 (that's like the first, the second one sucked) with online multiplayer - Maybe Rocksteady could do this well.
    - Shadow Hearts 4 (What is the chance for this?)
    - Kingdom Hearts 3 to be the last in the series (Unless MKH happens)
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Strawberry (Level 2) Game Freak's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. Nintendo, MicroSoft, and Sony getting together so I only have to worry about buying one game system every generation and not have to worry about licensing issues due to firepower (or simply licensing.)
    2. Rare going back to Nintendo. They made some of the best games for the NES, SNES, and even Nintendo 64
    3. Virtual Reality where you are actually in the game, much like the "Game Pyramid" episode of Jimmy Neutron, or Code Lyoko (the latter of which i loved to death and made a grand part of my childhood.)
    4. Nintendo releasing a line of new 8 bit Zeldas, Marios, Pokemons, and Kirbys.
    5. Nintendo getting their damn heads straight and going back to pushing out game after awesome game
    6. Capcom going back to the old Resident Evils

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Pipe Dreams?

1.) Nintendo to stop pandering to the lowest common denominator (i.e. "casual" gamers that will be gone by the next console generation. Actually they're already gone...as in they haven't played their Wii since 2 days after buying it.).
    2.) The 360 dashboard to look "tasteful" instead of an advertisement-cluttered piece of shit.
    3.) Dragon Quest X on a real console.
    4.) Capcom to fix Dead Rising's "worst ever" save system via an update.
    5.) Microsoft to adopt Blu-Ray tech.
    6.) Developers brave enough to skip forced, unnecessary, tacked-on multiplayer modes.
    ...those are just a few off the top of my head.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. A Nintendo that brings out a great console that doesn't have a bunch of useless accessories and watered down games
    2. Gran Turismo 5 to come out this century
    3. A new Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    4. Lower software, console, and accessory prices
    5. Gamestop to stop selling used games $5 less than new
    6. Streets of Rage and Shinobi to come back
    7. A $149-199 PSPGo
    Last edited by duffmanth; 08-26-2009 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Honestly, lately alot of what I've wanted in gaming has been met and satisfied, i'm really happy as a retro/modern gamer. Remakes of classics, the return of 2D games and great co-op and multiplayer experiences with minimal hackers, leaderboards and reward systems.

Honestly at this point i'm as much a happy gamer as I was when I first owned a NES, as that system really represents my hayday of excitement and wonder.

If there's anything I could ask for, it's to keep doing more of what they are doing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have to agree with you. Honestly I'm quite satisfied with all of my systems and games. I like what's happened in the industry in the last week or so, namely the PS3 price drop and the slim coming out soon. I think those 2 things and the coming 360 price drop are going to shake up the industry a little bit. With the PSPgo launching soon, a likely Wii price drop soon, and loads of great games coming for all platforms in the next 6 months, things are looking pretty exciting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1.the next zelda to use an engine that blows conduit out of the water! and full realtime wii sword combat control.

2.as for mario galaxy 2. i want 2 player mario and luigi!!!

3. new Tenchu ps3/360 that uses the ninja blade engine

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

1 2 P, I'll be damned...great topic.

I'd like 2600 emulation on a mainstream console. Let's say a dollar a game.

And I mean every game...not just Atari exclusives like Asteroids and Yar's Revenge...give me Defender, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong Jr., etc.

Licensing nightmare. And my pipe dream.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish Microsoft would buy out Sega and FULLY USE their amazing list of arcade games and ips.

I really really hope there is no new system for another 4 years or so. I have invested alot this generation and really do not need better graphics at the moment.

If and when 360 and PS3 successors happen, they better have BC and allow me to transfer over all of my DLC!!!!

Lastly, I wish the console releases would be more staggered. Like Nintendo 2011 MS 2013 Sony 2015 so that there is always a fresh cutting edge system out (pipe dream i know).
    Last edited by alexkidd2000; 08-27-2009 at 02:51 AM.
    My System History in order of purchase: Coleco Vision - Master System - Genesis - Game Gear - Sega CD - 32X - Saturn - Nomad - PS1 - Dreamcast - PS2 - DS - PS3 (60GB) - PSP - 360.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kwon Ho 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Achievement points that can be "cashed in" to buy stuff. I'm a sucker for the achievement system but I also realize that they don't mean anything. If they could be used to purchase stuff on the marketplace then I personally would be playing a lot more games just to build up my account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For Camelot to return to the Shining franchise (and with that a re-release of SF III and a new SF IV) is probably my biggest pipe dream, but it's probably not going to happen for a long long time, if ever.

To see sequels to Eternal Darkness (looking possible recently), Skies of Arcadia and Chrono Trigger.

For Sonic the Hedgehog to return to form.

All consoles to be region free for evermore.
    I reject your reality and substitute it for one of my own!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish the event in which a game company makes a game that appeals to me, would happen more than once every two or three years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

At this point I have no greater dream than to actually get around to playing the games that I already own.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)