Thread: best open world super hero game on ps3/360

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default best open world super hero game on ps3/360

man i can onl take so many fps!! after a while you begin to question if your 360/ps3 is a pc or a console !?!

Lately i've been i the mood for a good sandbox/open world super hero game. so i began looking and i stumbled upon web of shadows. it really caught my eye with originality and style. it appears to have characters form the marvel universe which i think is cool. i was so shocked to see wolverine in the game and even more so when i saw a venom/wolverine hybrid!!! :O! it seems to have the kind of originality that a japanese deveoper could inject into the series. another thing that peaked my interest in this game is the the swinging. it looks so fun. reminds me of the spidey movies.

dose this game have a fun, large open world city to explore? is there day/night cycles?
    Are there many side quests involved? destructable enviroments etc.?

Do you guys think this is the best comic book game available next to batman AA? is there any other good western(non movie) comic/superhero based games?

only ones that come to mind are spiderman: web of shadows and Batman AA,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyutah View Post
    Do you guys think this is the best comic book game available next to batman AA?

Web of Shadow's isn't even in the top 10 superhero video games, let alone the top 5 Spider-Man games.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyutah
    is there any other good western(non movie) comic/superhero based games?
    Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was released last gen for Xbox, PS2 and GC and should be backwards compatible for all three current gen systems. It's probably the most pure fun you can have in an open-world superhero game and the gameplay suits the character perfectly. The City of Heroes/City of Villians pc games are also suppose to be lots of fun but I've never had the chance to play them.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Insert Coin (Level 0) adam_devry's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really liked web of shadows. Not in the top 5 well name your top 5 spiderman games.

Strawberry (Level 2) JunkTheMagicDragon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shaftinator84

crackdown. no licensed characters, but who needs em when you're a cop who can throw a semi?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'd say Crackdown or Infamous. One's 360 exclusive, the other is PS3 exclusive, both are good.

With Infamous, you can download the demo on the PSN and have access to one of the islands. The demo is huge if you want to also play through each mission it has to offer, although everything is unlocked from the start.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I'd say Crackdown or Infamous. One's 360 exclusive, the other is PS3 exclusive, both are good.
    I came here to say this.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Infamous is a great choice for these types of games. It took me about 30 hours of playing on and off to finish the story mode, and the there's lots of side missions to. Although they do get repetitive after a while, nonetheless a stellar game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can add Prototype to the list of non licenced well recieved superhero games as well. Its available for PS3/XBOX360 and PC.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

i say crackdown. i didnt like infamouse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I liked web of shadows for a little bit, I rented it and 4 days was all I needed with it. Pretty good game but gets boring quickly. Broken combat and doing the same mission over and over gets boring.
    Check out my oldschool game reviews!
    Click Me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

appreciate the feedback

infamous looks cool. but I guess i'm jsut really in the mood for a good spiderman game. it really looks impressive. slose to unreal engine 3 quality but i guess it uses the current tony hawk engine since it's by the same guys.

there is also "The Darkness" which is comic based, but man that is hardcore dark and gritty! but it has the best style of a hero but the main character is more villian than anthing. it's a lot like Overlord in ways. but but you play as a demon possesed mafia hitman . not exactly your typical hero.

I've heard the darkness is non liner. is the game world open? it's only about $10 for a copy but i don't know if i can deal with the violence well at least your taking out mafia and not inocent citezens.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyutah View Post
    appreciate the feedback

infamous looks cool. but I guess i'm jsut really in the mood for a good spiderman game. it really looks impressive. slose to unreal engine 3 quality but i guess it uses the current tony hawk engine since it's by the same guys.

there is also "The Darkness" which is comic based, but man that is hardcore dark and gritty! but it has the best style of a hero but the main character is more villian than anthing. it's a lot like Overlord in ways. but but you play as a demon possesed mafia hitman . not exactly your typical hero.

I've heard the darkness is non liner. is the game world open? it's only about $10 for a copy but i don't know if i can deal with the violence well at least your taking out mafia and not inocent citezens.
    none of this matters. what you SHOULD be doing is getting crackdown. like, now. at 4:30 am. go.

i said go!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Well. What about that one game. Watchmen the End is Night. The ultimate edition comes with both parts and the PS3 version of the ultimate edition also comes with a bluray of the movie.

Never played it but it looks pretty good if you want a beat em up. Guarantee that it's no God Hand, though.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

Well. What about that one game. Watchmen the End is Night. The ultimate edition comes with both parts and the PS3 version of the ultimate edition also comes with a bluray of the movie.

Never played it but it looks pretty good if you want a beat em up. Guarantee that it's no God Hand, though.
    if youre not a fan of watchmen, dont bother, its pretty generic. if you are a fan, then you'll like it. it plays like B:AA and controls pretty well. graphics are nice and polished so if you like beat em ups its good.

however, this recommendation doesnt even belong in this thread since its not open world. at all.