View Poll Results: Which system should be added next?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Channel F

1 16.67%
  • Game Boy Advance

3 50.00%
  • Neo Geo

0 0%
  • Nintendo DS

0 0%
  • Playstation 2

1 16.67%
  • Playstation 3

0 0%
  • Xbox

1 16.67%
  • Xbox 360

0 0%
  • Wii

0 0%
  • TI-99/4A

0 0%

Thread: Which systems should be added to the next issue of Video Game Trader magazine

Cherry (Level 1) videogametrader's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Which systems should be added to the next issue of Video Game Trader magazine

Hello everyone,

It has been an exciting year over here at Video Game Trader. We changed format to 8.5 x 11 and launched an iPhone Price Guide Application. I am very happy to see the growth we have experienced over the last year. VGTrader is a passion of mine and I am grateful to the classic community for embracing it.

As we add systems to our price guide, I would like to ask the community which systems they want next. Our goal is to add a new systems to the magazine and iphone price guide at least every issue.

Please vote on what system we should add next. If we left out your favorite system, please let us know.
    ========================
    Video Game Trader Magazine & Price Guide. Keeping classic video games... alive!

Subscribe for 4 quarterly issues only $29.99. Subscribe @ www.VGTraderMag.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

neo geo and channel f would only take up one column of space in the price guide. id add those no matter what

i would avoid current gen systems as a whole, but maybe highlight the handful of out-of-print current-gen games with a high value

im also torn on old computer games. computer carts are collectible and rare compared to console carts, but the demand for them is a tiny fraction of console carts. Thus, prices are all over the place. For example, i found baseball for the atari b-bit, that is pretty rare according to any rarity list, but the cost was only a dollar. im sure the same cart on ebay would go for quite a lot of money, but the wide range of prices would make it difficult to get an accurate value for a price guide

but in general, keep up the good with the magazine

Cherry (Level 1) videogametrader's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbid View Post
    neo geo and channel f would only take up one column of space in the price guide. id add those no matter what

i would avoid current gen systems as a whole, but maybe highlight the handful of out-of-print current-gen games with a high value

im also torn on old computer games. computer carts are collectible and rare compared to console carts, but the demand for them is a tiny fraction of console carts. Thus, prices are all over the place. For example, i found baseball for the atari b-bit, that is pretty rare according to any rarity list, but the cost was only a dollar. im sure the same cart on ebay would go for quite a lot of money, but the wide range of prices would make it difficult to get an accurate value for a price guide

but in general, keep up the good with the magazine
    Thanks for the comments. Our plan is to have specific platforms that would be in every issue. Like Atari 2600, Playstation, etc. I would like to be able to have 2 or 3 "special feature" price lists. These would be for systems like Microvision, Channel F, etc that maybe might appear in the magazine once a year or so.

All platforms, would appear in the iphone app. Version 2.0 of the iphone app is currently under review with Apple. This update adds 3DO and Have it/Want it functionality.
    ========================
    Video Game Trader Magazine & Price Guide. Keeping classic video games... alive!

Subscribe for 4 quarterly issues only $29.99. Subscribe @ www.VGTraderMag.com

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I chose GBA because out of what's listed that would suit me best, but I'd like to throw in a suggestion to add Neo Geo Pocket also.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives