0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    And from the LP section of Half Price Books:

The Rolling Stones "Hot Rocks 1964-1971" - $5

Album side 3 and 4 have some scratches, so if it doesn't play well, it's goin back.
    Sadly, I had to take this back today. The scratches were just annoying enough during play for me to realize that if I kept it, it wouldn't get played anymore. O well....

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I was up at El Cajon, CA visiting my father... and on the way back we went to eat at a KFC. Said KFC is next to a GameCrazy so I decided to stop by. Turns out the place is shutting down and had everything for sale at 30% off. They didn't have much of anything anymore, and what I did find wasn't in good condition... but I did pick up a brand new Guitar Hero II Guitar Case for $3.60.

As I left, I shook the employee's hand and wished him good luck. He looked pretty bummed at having his store shut down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    I've never seen a single Vectrex item in the wild EVER. Was this an ebay deal? It had to be, or I'm living in the wrong place...
    I haven't been out there in a while so I don't know if he still has them, but go to Trader's Village in Arlington. Booth 2033 (far north end), CROPS Collectibles. He had two or three loose carts there on my last visit.

I didn't find much today. I stopped at a store that I knew had a single Neo-Geo CD game, what I believe is Fatal Fury 3: Road To The Final Victory. It's in Japanese, so I don't quite know. Anyhoo, it was $24.99. I just bought it hoping that eventually I'd find a console in the wild.

The next to last thrift I went to had a Super Mario Bros. electronic pinball game. It's from 1988 according to the copyright on the back. One of the back legs is missing, and the opposite front leg seems to be broken shorter than the other front leg. Anyway, I thought it was 'kewl' so I picked it up for $2.99.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post

I didn't find much today. I stopped at a store that I knew had a single Neo-Geo CD game, what I believe is Fatal Fury 3: Road To The Final Victory. It's in Japanese, so I don't quite know. Anyhoo, it was $24.99. I just bought it hoping that eventually I'd find a console in the wild.
    Yep, that's what the Neo CD game is! Good luck finding a console in the wild though, I never got one until a friend in Japan hooked me up for a really good price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I was up at El Cajon, CA visiting my father... and on the way back we went to eat at a KFC. Said KFC is next to a GameCrazy so I decided to stop by. Turns out the place is shutting down and had everything for sale at 30% off. They didn't have much of anything anymore, and what I did find wasn't in good condition... but I did pick up a brand new Guitar Hero II Guitar Case for $3.60.

As I left, I shook the employee's hand and wished him good luck. He looked pretty bummed at having his store shut down.
    Don't know if you heard, but a few days ago Hollywood Video announced that they were closing 200 Game Crazy's by the end of the month. A lot of the California locations are closing. I'm in Glendale, and the closest one to me was about 15 miles away, but come November the closest will be 30+ miles away. I think they move to 50% off in a week and then 80% the week after, something like that anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by samael64 View Post
    Don't know if you heard, but a few days ago Hollywood Video announced that they were closing 200 Game Crazy's by the end of the month. A lot of the California locations are closing. I'm in Glendale, and the closest one to me was about 15 miles away, but come November the closest will be 30+ miles away. I think they move to 50% off in a week and then 80% the week after, something like that anyway.
    There were two GC stores near where my dad is. The first one closed about a year ago... this one seemed to be doing fine, but now... fuck.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    SpiderBabe DVD - $2 (I figured it would be a stupid movie, but it turns out it's softcore pr0n - eek!)
    Misty Mundae is the best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Today's finds:

The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Serrated Scalpel (complete in box, Floppy version) - $3. This booth had, at one point, a box FULL of brand new copies of this, but I didn't buy any to resell. Because I was an idiot.

But at least now I can play it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finally had a couple of good finds that weren't ebay.

Suikoden 2 - CIB and nice - $42.50
    Final Fantasy NES - CIB - $5.00
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

A couple decent things today, and one that is rather frustrating. The SA almost never has anything, but occasionally they get a load of Target stuff and then I've picked up stuff like Iron Man on BD within a couple weeks of it coming out for a couple buck, Wiimotes for a few each. Even got a Rock Band set there cheap on time. So, I keep going back, and maybe leave with something 1 in 5 times, tops. Today they actually had something on the shelf that looked good: Xenogears! Missing manual and disc 2, crap! Oh well, for 99 cents I can't complain too much.

At Savers I left with Curse of and Escape from Monkey Island for 1.99 each, both jewel case only. I'd love to find the big box of these just once! This is probably my 5th of each of these, and never a big box. I also grabbed NES RBI Baseball for .99 (it was half off), and the Animaniacs Variety Pack CD for 1.99. I love me some Animaniacs.

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Random finds from this week, mostly from Goodwill:

Found a number of PSX and Dreamcast games for $1.99 each
    KOTOR II was $3.99, Shinobi PS2 was 2.99, and PSP Final Fantasy was $6.99 new.

The dome-shaped 20Q unit uses the spinning LED technology and was $1.99.

And a day after I got my "collector's edition" Megablocks Spartan in the mail, I found a complete Halo Wars Megablocks set for 5 bucks and had fun putting it together.

Considering the onset of seasonal death of rummage sales here, not a bad week.

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Insert Coin (Level 0) GOLDEN KEYS's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i had a pretty good find today. i always visit a particular used game store in phoenix when i'm out there for work on friday mornings. they have a nice clearance section and it's helped me build my nes collection quite a bit with $1 games. this is the type of place that goes above and beyond to over charge you for a rare game, though... they lock up anything they think might be even remotely rare in a glass case. they'll put the gold cart zeldas in there for $15. all mega man games (doesn't matter which one) are never less than $25-$30. they have pyramid for the nes marked at $30 (it's been there for over a month) when you can find multiple listings on ebay that shows the game at $5 BIN.

anyway, i take a peek at the glass case and move on to the nes games hanging on the wall (each one is kept inside an unlockable plastic case). nothing was added to the clearance section this week for nes so i just take a few quick looks over their main selection...

i spotted a copy of chip n dale rescue rangers 2 for $15. i've been trying to track one of these down for months now but i never see it under $50 on amazon/ebay. i couldn't believe it.

so anyway, that's my new big addition to the nes collection for the week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN KEYS View Post
    i had a pretty good find today. i always visit a particular used game store in phoenix when i'm out there for work on friday mornings. they have a nice clearance section and it's helped me build my nes collection quite a bit with $1 games. this is the type of place that goes above and beyond to over charge you for a rare game, though... they lock up anything they think might be even remotely rare in a glass case. they'll put the gold cart zeldas in there for $15. all mega man games (doesn't matter which one) are never less than $25-$30. they have pyramid for the nes marked at $30 (it's been there for over a month) when you can find multiple listings on ebay that shows the game at $5 BIN.

anyway, i take a peek at the glass case and move on to the nes games hanging on the wall (each one is kept inside an unlockable plastic case). nothing was added to the clearance section this week for nes so i just take a few quick looks over their main selection...

i spotted a copy of chip n dale rescue rangers 2 for $15. i've been trying to track one of these down for months now but i never see it under $50 on amazon/ebay. i couldn't believe it.

so anyway, that's my new big addition to the nes collection for the week.
    Is that Bookman's, or a different store? If its Bookman's I wouldn't be surprised, they're prices are always so fucked up. A couple weeks ago I found Herzog Zwei for $1 when they had Shadowrun in the display case for $40.

Insert Coin (Level 0) GOLDEN KEYS's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    Is that Bookman's, or a different store? If its Bookman's I wouldn't be surprised, they're prices are always so fucked up. A couple weeks ago I found Herzog Zwei for $1 when they had Shadowrun in the display case for $40.
    haha, you know it is! the phoenix location never lets me down. i always find something. the mesa one has garbage and i only go there because it's in the same strip mall as atomic comics.

so the tucson ones aren't bad, huh? i'm still planning to get down there again one of these days. maybe i can still get that vic-20 off of you!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've payed like 10 EU for all (the above - the PS3 game does not include the camera / the stand and the mat - only the game and the deck of cards) - unfortunatly G&W doesn't work very good (i have sound but the image is not on fullscreen - lower right corner doesn't display anything - i will clean it up and see that I can fix it) - the PC games are still sealed in plastic (and they were like 0.33 EU for pcs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

my finds this weekend include my wife giving birth to two twin baby boys..named Luke and Logan. Both seem primed and ready for their first nintendo experience!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From a friend:

Dreamcast controller (first party, white) - free

I now have four working DC controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by ncman071 View Post
    my finds this weekend include my wife giving birth to two twin baby boys..named Luke and Logan. Both seem primed and ready for their first nintendo experience!
    Congrats!

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got this stuff at an independent game store. It all cost me about $1 with the store credit I had. I traded in a bunch of my extra crap that has been sitting around that I tried selling here, mostly ps2, ds, wii games, and a Street Fighter Xbox/PS2 controller (got $60 store credit for it, good considering I traded a Guitar Hero II for xbox game only for it about a month ago, it was a duplicate and taking up space).

The PS1 games were actually Buy 2 Get 1, so for $117 Store Credit I got Suikoden II, Suikoden 1, and Lunar Eternal Blue Complete and minty all the extras' factory sealed still.

So I was happy considering the Street Fighter controller was the only really good thing I traded in, rest of stuff was mostly Blockbuster buy 1 get 1 free games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Today's finds:

At one booth, I found Parasite Eve (near mint, the only damage was the front of the case) and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. It was $9 for both, going to eBay. Also listed is a Saturn Action Replay Plus I got from Az here at the forum. He also sent a spindle with a bunch of old PC CDs. I only paid shipping for them.

The CD lady... well, I checked out her booth again today and she had a few new albums from a box she hadn't opened up. She finally lowered the price to $1, so I picked out the following CDs:

The Chieftains - Water From The Well
    The Chieftains - The Best Of The Chieftains
    Bird Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    The Cult Files: Re-Opened (TV / Movie themes, volume two in a set, couldn't find volume one ;_; )
    John Williams - 1941 Original Score
    The Iron Man: The Musical By Pete Townshend
    Stardust: The Classic Decca Hits & Standards Collection (two CDs)

Aaaaaaaaaand that's it. Gotta list stuff on eBay later today.
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 10-10-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yardsales 10-10-09

3x Your typical Game Boy/GBC Soft Cases
    Binder For Loose Game Boy Games
    Playstation 2 1st Party Controller
    Genesis 2 Power Adaptor
    PlayStation Secret Codes 4 (BradyGames)
    Gamer's Cheat Book Volume 1 (Prima)
    Joytech Controller Plus (N64)
    UltraRacer 64 Controller
    The Eliminator (NES System Cleaning Cart)

$1

Saw this stuff and what was marked was cheap (.10 to .25) offered a buck for it all.