Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman! getting a print run if they reach 1000 Preorders

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    Unless the main thrust of their mission statement was to alienate and sour their fanbase...
    Especially if you consider some of the things they've done to the games themselves too, like all of the localization errors and nasty bugs that ended up in Ar tonelico 2 or, my favorite, how they told fans that Rhapsody on DS couldn't have the English voice acting because of the new additional missions only to entirely cut out the missions and act like they didn't know what the fans were talking about, pissing off every fan of the PS1 original that bought the port solely to play the new content, not to mention the fans of the original's English voice acting.

But I'll keep supporting them because, at the end of the day, they're still releasing games that I want to play. For all of their flaws, I still get the feeling that they care about their fans and can become a more organized company in the future.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

What shit did they leave out of the black friday bundles?

And yeah... the Rhapsody thing pissed me off. I haven't even opened my DS copy. :/

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Well. If everyone's going to bash NIS. Let me throw this in there. Disgaea sucks.

Anyways. I didn't pick up Badman since it was digital anyways. The game somewhat interests me so I'll probably pick it up. NIS actually seems to do well with non RPG games where as their RPG titles suck balls. Prinny Can I Really Be the Hero is awesome.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 12-22-2009 at 02:31 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    BLAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGH. *TROLL RAGE*
    Oh shut the fuck up.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Well. If everyone's going to bash NIS. Let me throw this in there. Disgaea sucks.
    Really? I would've never known you felt that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I just read through the CAG thread. That's some fucked up shit. I ordered the Prindom set and got everything I was suppose to so I'm happy. Although I kind of wish they'd "lost" my OST and crappy figure so I could have pushed for a bonus Kurtis plush too. :P
    Last edited by Daria; 12-22-2009 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Y'know, it's not easy being a niche publisher. You have to put up with an awful lot of fan bullshit. I pity the anime pubs.

I'm a little annoyed at the whole pre-order cancel/renew/cancel thing myself, but this seems like a nice compromise. Seriously, transparency and preorders and all this shit is what causes this crap. Back in the day it would show up on the shelf and you'd buy it. And all the revisions/changes/packaging decisions and changes wouldn't be anywhere near as visible. It's not that they're disorganized, it's just that this crap is highly SCRUTINIZED.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I would applaud this decision except for the fact that between charging many of us for a game they will never ship and stating repeatedly that they couldn't get the rights to bundle both games together on a UMD prompting many people to buy the download version, I am pretty much done with NIS. They are an incompetent company that doesn't deserve any of our business.
    BUT Badman 1 may be "included" as a DL code only..not necessarily on the UMD itself.
    My gaming blog retro/new...mainly TG/PCE based
    http://turbomasters.blogspot.com/

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nectarsis View Post
    BUT Badman 1 may be "included" as a DL code only..not necessarily on the UMD itself.
    Incorrect. They just sent out their daily Prinny Newsletter and it says the first game is actually on the UMD. Unfortunately, rather than making a nice menu, they made it an easter egg and you have to alternate the left and right buttons five times each and wait 30 seconds to access the original game.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    Y'know, it's not easy being a niche publisher. You have to put up with an awful lot of fan bullshit. I pity the anime pubs.

I'm a little annoyed at the whole pre-order cancel/renew/cancel thing myself, but this seems like a nice compromise. Seriously, transparency and preorders and all this shit is what causes this crap. Back in the day it would show up on the shelf and you'd buy it. And all the revisions/changes/packaging decisions and changes wouldn't be anywhere near as visible. It's not that they're disorganized, it's just that this crap is highly SCRUTINIZED.
    You wouldn't call charging the credit cards of hundreds of people fraudulently disorganized? You wouldn't describe selling holiday bundles which were delivered missing lots of items and then simply e-mailing people who complained to tell them that you won't do anything to help unless they pay to return the items for a refund to be below reasonable business standards?

A good compromise would be to offer the game at a steep discount to those of us who pre-ordered the UMD version and had a charge on our card for days. A good compromise would be to refund a significant portion of what they charged people who didn't get all their items or offer a full refund and to cover return shipping if the buyer decided they no longer wanted the incomplete deals.

Contrary to how they conduct themselves, NIS isn't a tiny company. Disgaea 3 sold over 400K units in the United States alone. I have never had any similar problems with Atlus or even tiny publishers like Agetec, both of which I bought from prior to Atlus going to Amazon for sales services and Agetec basically folding. NIS is truly in a category all its own for poor business management practices.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Incorrect. They just sent out their daily Prinny Newsletter and it says the first game is actually on the UMD. Unfortunately, rather than making a nice menu, they made it an easter egg and you have to alternate the left and right buttons five times each and wait 30 seconds to access the original game.
    What Prinny newsletter is this? The last one I got was the 27th? that came out right after Thanksgiving. I've not seen another one in my inbox since. When will Badman 2 get released?
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    What Prinny newsletter is this? The last one I got was the 27th? that came out right after Thanksgiving. I've not seen another one in my inbox since. When will Badman 2 get released?
    The Prinny newsletter came out today. I believe the demo of Badman 2 is now available and they direct you to the official Badman 2 website for info about how to unlock the first game. The release date for the game is March 2010.

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like the series now has a new title, in case you haven't heard:

NIS AMERICA ANNOUNCES NAME CHANGE FOR ITS PLAYSTATION® PORTABLE GAME

Santa Ana, CA (Feb 09, 2010) – NIS America announced today a name change to the Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman series. The original title had a conflict of interest with an existing IP and it was not NIS America’s intention to create any conflict. Therefore, the name of the product will be changed immediately to “What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!?”. This new title is intended to better represent the game’s whacky retro dungeon world and connect the player’s awareness with the overall theme of the game.

Due to the name change the game, “Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman!: What did I do to deserve this?” will be temporarily unavailable from the PlayStation® Store. The game will return as soon as the new name process has been completed. Also “What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!?2” will be delayed until May 4, 2010 to provide ample time to complete the change to the new name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gatchaman17

HOLY fucking shit, batman! Who woulda thunk it?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-El View Post
    HOLY fucking shit, batman! Who woulda thunk it?
    They probably could have gotten away with keeping the title had they actually stood up to Warner Bros., but they probably didn't think it was worth the attorney's fees for a game that hasn't sold much of anything anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It was a stupid name anyways.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Haha, I love that completely bullshit explanation they pulled out of their asses to make it sound like there was a legitimate reason for the change and not them simply being coerced. Way to totally insult the intelligence of your fans, Nippon Ichi. :P
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 02-11-2010 at 11:55 PM.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

They probably could have gotten away with keeping the title had they actually stood up to Warner Bros., but they probably didn't think it was worth the attorney's fees for a game that hasn't sold much of anything anyway.

Wait a minute.... Batman isn't in this.... I don't want it now.

To me the over the top name of the original is what sold me on the game. I'll still get it, but 'eh'.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bitch slapped by WBadman. What next? This damn UMD is going to give me an ulcer.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives