Thread: Need Some LED/Soldering Work done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Need Some LED/Soldering Work done.

Hey,

Like the title says I need some electrical work done. I need 10 LEDs that are battery powered and controlled by a switch (white leds, switch turns on and off all 10 leds). Battery Comportment can be no wider then a AAA battery (well no other part either actually :P but I assume that's the thickets part).

The leds need to be on a few inches of wire (more into specifics later). Looking for normal brightness leds, not super brights. I'd like one of these kinda switches.

Also attached by a wire with a few inches slack. I'd like them to be a little tough, so they won't fall off if I accidentally give it a little tug.

Incase anyone is wondering what it's for it's to go on the back of a picture frame to light up some 35mm film cells (behind the cells is just clear plastic so the light can shine through no problems.)

Here's a terrible diagram of what I want.

PM me if you can do this (hopefully cheaply :P) or even better yet contact me on aim at Dao2 SKP or Xfire at dao2skp. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a note, it doesn't have to be wired exactly like my diagram, that was just to show what I want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a suggestion in that you might need to rethink your design. White LEDs typically have a higher voltage drop then traditional red/green LEDs. If you are looking to power from a single AAA cell you couldn't get a high enough voltage unless you use a boost converter. You could probably get away using a 3.6V Li battery which is available in a AA size, but they are expensive and you would burn through them rather quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    Just a suggestion in that you might need to rethink your design. White LEDs typically have a higher voltage drop then traditional red/green LEDs. If you are looking to power from a single AAA cell you couldn't get a high enough voltage unless you use a boost converter. You could probably get away using a 3.6V Li battery which is available in a AA size, but they are expensive and you would burn through them rather quickly.
    Sorry if I wrote it misleading, I don't want it to be thicker than a AAA battery, but for our so lined up against each other is just fine (cause it's going on back of a frame)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.theledlight.com/light_bars.html

If you want to drop a bit of money, those are something you can do with no soldering. They sell little strip connector wires so they don't need to be sequential, and they have wall transformers so you can just plug the sucker in. You could then just wrap the power wire around the leads of a light switch (most common SPST switch ever) or something and then you would be all done with zero soldering involved.

You should try to learn how though, it's a nice skill, like a modern day mechanic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well if i wanted to spring for something like that I could go for the flood lights that ikea sells for $40, but I don't want a wire hanging out from behind a picture frame down the wall and into a plug