Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Most overbashed games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The N64 Army Men game I played wasn't bad so much as just odd and very bland.

Yeah, I guess it was bad. I recall playing a GBC game in the series (or maybe GBA), now that was pretty bad.

Insert Coin (Level 0) gamesboro's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Beastech

Shaq-Fu gets too much hate. Is it weird? Yeah. It is playable though. I think most people haven't played it, they just read about it being the worst game ever on the internet and they just go along with it.

While the characters are small, it has amazing animation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    rhettoric
    PSN
    rhettoric

I'll add another vote for SONIC R - I love the game. One of my favorites on the system, and for me better than any of the other mascot racers. SONIC 3D BLAST I'm not so hot on, though.
    "Enduro" is a symbolic journey through life via the media of a race.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Whack-A-Mole. Seriously people. You don't have to overbash the machines. You can just use a lighter touch, and be able to whack a bunch more moles!!
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Pimpdaddy View Post
    Mario 2 (American version)

A lot of people felt duped that it was just a copy of another game with Mario characters thown in, so they don't give it the look it deserves. It is a wonderful, wonderful game!
    This.

Before the 'secret' was revealed I didn't hear one bad word about this game. Then the internet came and it became the WORST MARIO GAME EVER!!!

I still think it's leagues better than smb2j.

I also think SNK vs Capcom: Chaos gets too much shit. Yeah, it has some unbalance and the hitboxes are a little off. But damnit, I really enjoyed it. The apocalyptic theme gave it a really dark feel in general.

Or maybe I was just a sucker for the pre-battle dialoges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24uON5KW9pc
    Last edited by Famidrive-16; 10-28-2009 at 12:32 AM.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb23 View Post
    Whack-A-Mole. Seriously people. You don't have to overbash the machines. You can just use a lighter touch, and be able to whack a bunch more moles!!
    Speaking of overbashing... my friends and I were almost kicked out of Celebration Station because we played really hardcore on one of these:

We weren't even hitting them, just tapping them constantly so they retracted before they started moving out. We were a hell of a lot gentler than the average 5-year-old beating the crap out of them. We even took a picture, if my friend ever sends it to me. Five college-age people crowded around Wacky Gator, one person per gator; I'm going to make a TEAMWORK motivational poster out of it.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    Gundam Crossfire. It has its strong points, and I sunk a ton of time into it when I got my PS3. Kampfer FTW.
    I'm a huge Gundam fan and I hate that game. I actually gave it to Maxlords for free just recently.

I hear alot of people bash it over the game having slowdown but I've never once had any slowdown on the game. It was the poorly developed gameplay that I hated about it.

--

Anyways, instead of Gundam Crossfire though. I will say that Gundam games in general though. Obviously good ones.

The Gundam Battle series. Tactics, Royale, Chronicles, Universe.
    Encounters in Space
    A.C.E. Another Century Episode series
    Zeonic Front
    Gundam vs Zeta Gundam, Federation vs Zeon, Rengou vs Z.A.F.T
    Journey to Jaburo
    Climax US
    One Year War
    Ace Pilot Fighter's Lotus
    Lost War Chronicles
    Possibly some I've played and liked that I may have missed

Aside from A.C.E., all these games are Gundam and disliked because of that fact, even though they're really good games. A.C.E. is a giant robot series with Gundams in it so it's not hard to make a comparison and people to dislike that as well.

Here's an example. Go listen to all praise that Zone of Enders gets(it does deserve it though.) Encounters in Space plays exactly like Zone of Enders with far more content and most people will never realize how great the game is because the title.

After James reviewed it, Castlevania 2 has been getting bashed a ton also. Mostly by people who most likely never have played it before seeing it on James' reviews. CV2 owns.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A lot of people felt duped that it was just a copy of another game with Mario characters thown in, so they don't give it the look it deserves. It is a wonderful, wonderful game!
    Sorry, but I hate this game for what it is, not just because it's a lazy port of another game. For instance, I hate the enemies that respawn if you walk an inch to the left. Though I guess I'd rather we got this instead of SMB2J.

As for most overbashed game, I would have to agree with others and say Shaq Fu. I own this game, and I would label it a mediocre to bad fighter. I think that it gets the attention just because it has Shaq attached to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ET, 2600 Pac-Man, LJN games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The Nintendo licensed games for the Philips CD-i get bashed the hell out of, and I'm betting that most of the people doing the bashing have never played any of them. It's mostly just people jumping on the bandwagon rather than trying the games themselves. Oh, and also they look at the lousy animation on YouTube done by Russian animators just a couple years after Communism fell in that country, who had probably not used a real computer (that didn't use punch cards or radio tubes) before. Nobody ever rates the gameplay of the Zelda/Link CD-i games. The gameplay in those titles are boring and bland, but they aren't necessarily bad. There's far worse games out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know if they are "overbashed", but I always run into people that hate Legend of Kage and Mighty Bomb Jack. I loved those two carts as a kid. I also had one hell of an argument over Golgo 13 when writing an NES article almost...shit...ten years ago...so old...

...and of course Double Switch, but I already talked about that one in the Sega CD birthday thread.
    -Sosage

WTF is a Dim-Mac?!?!?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How bout Castlevania 2 i think its got a zelda 2ish feel to it

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Quote Originally Posted by SPAZ-12 View Post
    Sorry, but I hate this game for what it is, not just because it's a lazy port of another game. For instance, I hate the enemies that respawn if you walk an inch to the left. Though I guess I'd rather we got this instead of SMB2J.
    You consider SMB2 a lazy port and yet you'd rather have SMB: The Lost levels? Lost Levels is SMB just with different levels and a helluva lot harder.

Yeah, I'm going to agree with SMB2 being an overbashed game. Just because it's another game with mario characters in it doesn't mean it has to suck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Upon looking at the thread title, I thought immediately of Mario 2. I'm glad I'm not alone.
    Settle down, raise a family, join the PTA
    Buy some sensible shoes and a Chevrolet
    And party 'till you're broke and they drag you away
    It's okay, you can dare to be stupid

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Milon's Secret Castle. The only thing really bad about it is how cryptic the whole game is. It's as annoying in Castlevania 2 in that regard. But that's just how games were back then, and a lot of highly rated games are like that. Underneath it all, it's a great adventure game.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    TurboArkhan

ET (2600)

People head about the landfill "story" and then instantly conclude the game sucked. It was more about having too many of them than anything else. Also, people don't understand how to play the game, unless they take the time to learn what the symbols do. It's a double barrier (landfill and symbols) that very few people bust through. If you compare it to other 2600 games, it's about average.
    Mario 2 is my favorite of the NES marios! I always liked the boss battles in it the most. There is alot of skill involved! Plus, Mouser is funny as hell looking.

as for ET, its one of those obligatory hate games. retrotards worldwide see a webcomic thats like OMG ET SUCKS and follow suit just because the comic said so. Youd be surprised how many people I've talked to that are all ET SUCKS OMG WORTHLESS GAME but then you ask if theyve played it and they havent..... Some of em havent even played a 2600 at all.

I never thought it was THAT bad. Its not great, but its not the giant pile of shit everyone acts like it is. I mean what the hell do you really want out of an Atari. Most games only have 1 screen.

China Warrior/The Kung Fu for TG16/PCE gets overly smashed by alot of people, and as a Saturday convention just proved, people love the game. Huge sprites, and the music alone did it for alot of people.

I had it set up and a bunch of people got wayyyy into it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People always bash the south park game for the N64 and playstation, altough i really enjoy the game. Has humor from the show, Voice actors from the show and is overall a enjoyable experience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    TurboArkhan

Yeah. I never liked the N64 one for controller reasons, but the PSX one was funny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SPAZ-12
    You consider SMB2 a lazy port and yet you'd rather have SMB: The Lost levels?
    Reading IS hard. Thanks for interpreting what I wrote as nearly exactly opposite what the text says. (I guess changing "I'd rather" to "it's better" would help...?) Let me say it another way for you:

I guess it's better that we got a lazy port (SMB2USA) than a level hack (SMB2J). Doesn't mean that I like the game though!
    Last edited by SPAZ-12; 10-28-2009 at 09:50 AM.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wile I like SMB3 the best, SMB2 is my 2nd favorite game. I don't really like SMB much as the control is stiff, the same with Lost Levels (since it is pretty much the same game).

The other reason I love SMB2 is that I have some memories attached to the game and its music.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz