Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Haha, Tekken Force in Tekken 3 was awesome. I would just use Paul and do his QCF -> HP. Awesome times. And of course, the CHICKEN!

Anyway, I'm enjoying the hell out of Tekken 6. I haven't played played much online. I've played two ranked matches and won them both because people just don't know how to block low and Nina has some sweet mixups o_O The scenario mode ain't bad. It is kinda repetitive, but meh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Tekken 6 online patch in the works, says Namco [Joystiq]

Those of you taking your King of the Iron Fist Tournament fighters to the internet have been experiencing some major issues, notably: when trying to compete online in any sort of meaningful way, you're met with acute, game-ending connectivity issues. Namco recognized that today and issued a statement stating, "To improve the online game experience for players ... Namco Bandai games is developing a downloadable update which will be available as soon as it has passed rigorous testing procedures."

Unfortunately, no date for the patch has been given, though the publisher does add, "This is separate from the online co-op Scenario Campaign mode update." We've pestered Namco for more details on exactly what the patch will aim to fix and when we might hear more about it but, until that time, know this: something is being fixed at some point.Tekken 6 online patch in the works, says Namco originally appeared on Joystiq on Wed, 04 Nov 2009 18:20:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It seems like everyone who loves scenario mode must not really care about fighting games. I wish more fighting games would add a really shitty component that is only tailored towards about 5 characters total. I play as nina but then I am lars all of a sudden then back to nina. I don't care about lars at all. That's why I am not playing as him. IDK call me old fashioned but I like the story mode to be about oh i don't know the character I am actually playing as. Namco can suck my balls until they patch this shit up. Yes we should all wait around until the game unlocks everything for us that is so much more fun than I don't know actually playing it and working towards something. I can sit in one mode all day and unlock only a couple of things or force myself to slug through scenario mode. IDK they have just lost touch with what is actually fun.

I considered tekken force and the others to be a fun "bonus" not a true component to the game. IDK whatever. Anyone who doesn't lag is very lucky and I wish my games didn't lag like they do. So I am stuck with trying to play online and fucking my rank up on characters I like to play as or just spam with another character.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Quote Originally Posted by kai123 View Post
    It seems like everyone who loves scenario mode must not really care about fighting games. I wish more fighting games would add a really shitty component that is only tailored towards about 5 characters total. I play as nina but then I am lars all of a sudden then back to nina. I don't care about lars at all. That's why I am not playing as him. IDK call me old fashioned but I like the story mode to be about oh i don't know the character I am actually playing as. Namco can suck my balls until they patch this shit up. Yes we should all wait around until the game unlocks everything for us that is so much more fun than I don't know actually playing it and working towards something. I can sit in one mode all day and unlock only a couple of things or force myself to slug through scenario mode. IDK they have just lost touch with what is actually fun.

I considered tekken force and the others to be a fun "bonus" not a true component to the game. IDK whatever. Anyone who doesn't lag is very lucky and I wish my games didn't lag like they do. So I am stuck with trying to play online and fucking my rank up on characters I like to play as or just spam with another character.
    dude I think you need a hug?

but yeah you can unlock the endings for each individual charecter in scenario mode by going to the arena and playing through that with each of them (basicly its a short version of arcade)

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256 View Post
    dude I think you need a hug?

but yeah you can unlock the endings for each individual charecter in scenario mode by going to the arena and playing through that with each of them (basicly its a short version of arcade)
    Yea I know about arena. I wouldn't mind a hug. I just really love Tekken and I hate that they wasted so much time on things that at the the end of the day do nothing to improve the core fighting game. I can't wait for the patch!
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's some pretty retarded fanboyism

Look at These You Tube profiles:

http://www.youtube.com/user/VirtuaFighter5R

there's another one

http://www.youtube.com/user/TekkenIsSHiT

The catch...they STILL hated on me when I said I LIKED Virtua Fighter, but I think Tekken is Superior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    kz5ive

I bought it. Do I like it? Yes. Im just not crazy about the scenario mode. The game looks ok and play just fine too me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Juganawt
    PSN
    Juganawt

Well...let me first state that I have never, EVER liked Tekken. However, I have played all 8 major iterations of the franchise quite a lot that shaped my opinions. I tried to like em all, I really did, but Tekken 2 was the closest I ever got to tolerating the series.

Tekken 6 is the worst Tekken game so far for the following reasons.

The online play is a mere afterthought, with seemingly random patches of lag completely ruining the game. Sometimes I can play against US players with zero lag, but playing my brother who lives half a mile away caused us to play a slideshow. It's horrific netcode - even worse than Soul Calibur IV or even Tekken DR on PSN - and WAY below the standard that Virtua Fighter 5 and Dead or Alive 4 set for online play.

Scenario mode is a complete waste of time. Endless waves of generic levels, with generic enemies, and generic textures to unlock generic new colours of clothing for your generic characters that nobody really cares about. A pathetic excuse for a story is mercilessly crushed inbetween the "action" in forms of cutscenes that break the flow of gameplay and add 15 seconds of loading before and after the movie. Why do some of the characters speak japanese, some speak english, some don't speak at all, and yet they can understand and communicate with each other perfectly? Add that to the 1997 N64 Castevania camera from hell and you have an utterly unenjoyable waste of space. 2 years to make this pile of shit? REALLY???? There's not even 2 Player online support! in 2009! Scenario is 2 players on 1 console only.

The bugs from TEKKEN 2 are STILL in the game. You can still chicken throw, you can still mash circle or Y endlessly without the opponent being able to recover, and you can still infinite combo with certain characters.

The new characters, Bob in particular, are ridiculously powerful and have created an SS tier in the character roster...yet some of the old characters have been weakened to a ridiculously pathetic level. The "balancing" of this game is completely off and is laughable. Bob for example can hit you with not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 infinite hit combos, each firing off at different heights, making it basically impossible to get away from...and if you DO manage to reverse the first hit, Bob will just laugh at you and either tap the Y button, or throw reverse you.

The ghost and arcade modes are ripped straight from Virtua Fighter's Quest mode, and implemented stupidly. The whole Rank system is effectively neutered, and brings nothing to the table. You can obviously tell they saw VF5 release, and thought "yeah we can steal this...but how can we make it different? I know, we'll take the tournaments and all the interesting stuff OUT!" Ranking matches even crop up against the BONUS character - Nancy...which leads us to...

Rubber Band AI - the main characters in single player are mind numbingly dumb, but the bonus character and the boss are SO cheap that if you get caught with a single hit, half your health is gone, you're left wide open for a combo, and you're fucked. No matter how you change your gameplan, the game cheats to artificially improve the "AI", which infact is NOT AI, but merely reacts to your button inputs.

The graphics suck. A 2 year old arcade game ported badly. Horrible effects (with exception of Azazel's rather lovely looking motion blur) actually lower the resolution to sub HD levels, and if you DO disable the effects, you're left with a jaggy mess at a mere 720p.

It's Tekken. Same shit, different number on the end. Stick with Virtua Fighter 5, DOA 4 or SFIV. There's no need for Tekken and games of it's calibur in this day and age anymore. No amount of patching can fix this garbage.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Is anyone still playing online. Does it still lag a lot after the patch?
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've never experienced any lag playing Tekken 6 on xbox live. Theres still people that play and I need to finish getting all of my achievemenst one of these days.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.