FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    Got some stuff today...

Doom II (Sealed!) - $5
    Curse of Monkey Island - $3
    Mega Man NT Warrior Promo (back is an ad for Network Transmission) NFR - $1

The first two things I picked up on my way out of class. Up on the sidewalk in front of the tech building was a "yard sale" by some student group. Another guy snagged a 360 minus A/V cables and a stack of loose games for $75, didn't see if it had an HDD or not. Lots of PC games, many sealed, but almost all RTS. I saw some SSI stuff, like Star Generals, not sure what they're worth. I might head back around 5:00PM as they said they might slash prices before donating it to a thrift. Also had some loose 360 games, along with complete Gears of War, Sonic's Genesis Collection, and Universe at War, all $5 each.

Dude. DUDE. Those SSI games are usually worth LOTS OF CASH because they're sealed! Aaaaaaaaaaagh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I looked them up, and they're only $20ish, and there's tons on eBay. Some people are asking $50, but there's definitely the same ones sealed for closer to $20. If I see them in a thrift over the next few weeks, and they're cheap enough, I'll pick them up. Heck, maybe they'll put the stuff out again tomorrow, I never know how these student groups do their stuff.

I actually looked at them for a long time, because I KNOW that some are worth something, I just never know WHICH ONES. I decided to just go with one game I know that I'll play eventually, and one for the collection. I've been avoiding buying games to flip unless I absolutely know they're worth it, at least until I get rid of some of the stuff in my pile.

For the record, which SSI games are really worth snagging? Particularly, which ones are worth snagging loose, because I know I've seen a few of them around...

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I dunno, I always end up getting some good money on whatever random sealed SSI game I can find. Especially if it's games that were never released on CD on their own, like the early D&D games. (These showed up in compilations, but the important part is the large manuals that these games often came bundled with!)

I think I once sold a copy of Panzer General for $40. Just put 'em on eBay, as an auction, for $9, you'll still make your money back and maybe a bit more since it's the holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic