Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Journeyman Project 3 for OSX! (...with Packard Bell memories)

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    Mine would be 1995-1996, a 200MHz Pentium MMX system. One of the greats. Quite sure it was bought in 1995.
    I'm not sure about the specifications of ours or the year we bought it. I know only what the case looked like, that the CPU was a pre-Pentium 2, and that we got it in either '95 or '96. I also remember being young enough not to know how to use the START menu. First PC ever.

The case on it was ridged and had a horizontal layout. The monitor rested on top.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got my copy in the mail today. I haven't actually played it yet, but I've ripped it to ISO and copied it to my iMac's HDD, and it loads up fine. That intro video still gives me chills, or maybe it's just been too long since I played LoT. Video quality still looks kinda grainy, but the way I remember the CD version, it was really grainy, so it's a definite improvement.

I'm glad it runs on this old thing, it's basically the minimum requirement (OS 10.3.9, PPC processor, QuickTime 7).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I loved the original Journeyman Project. Definitely going to have to pick this up! Anybody know anything about that remake on the Sega Saturn (Pegasus Prime)? Supposedly it was released here in Japan but I've never been able to find out any info about it.
    My Import Game Store: Rising Stuff
    Famicom, Super Famicom, Famicom Disk System, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Playdia, Wonderswan, and a lot more!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Saturn version was cancelled, from what I understand. The PSX version WAS real, and was only released in Japan, but it's supposedly so rare that it's still thought to be a rumor. It's also on the Pippin. How odd that the game released on the most platforms is the most obscure of the series!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, well I know it's going tocome down to me picking up a power mac just to play it. From the previews I've seen it looks like a really fantastic remake.
    My Import Game Store: Rising Stuff
    Famicom, Super Famicom, Famicom Disk System, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Playdia, Wonderswan, and a lot more!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by JapanesePeso View Post
    Yeah, well I know it's going tocome down to me picking up a power mac just to play it.
    It works reasonably well in Sheepshaver, y'know.

Read all about it in the last post at http://hg101.proboards.com/index.cgi...ay&thread=5102 .
    Last edited by J'orfeaux; 11-20-2009 at 12:26 PM.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh man this brings back memories, I LOVE the Journeyman Project Series. My first pc was a Pacakrd Bell back in '95 bought from the Wiz, remember them? It was a pentium 1, 100mhx, 1gb hard drive, 8mb of RAM, 1mb video memory on Windows 95. I had great times upgrading that PC and its where I learned all the basics, I eventually upgraded the processor to an IDT WinChip running at 233mhz, 24mb of RAM, and a VooDoo 2.

I used to watch the trailers for Buried In Time and Pegagus Prime on my JP Turbo cd all the time. I finally picked up Buried In Time in 97, and I bought Legacy of Time when it came out. I've always wanted the DVD version but never managed to get it. I'll have to see if I can track it down somewhere.