Thread: Snes cart reproductions questions

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Snes cart reproductions questions

HI there fellow gamers, latly i have been informing my self on this snes reproduction carts business, and as a European snes owner my main goals are to make the following:

Final Fantasy VI Pal cart

Chrono Trigger Pal Cart

Secret of mana 2 Pal Cart

and lastly

Star fox 2 Pal cart.

Now for starfox 2 there are tons of info about this so i preaty much got it cover, im thinking in a winter gold cart, that as i have read they are the best has they are fx-chip 2 and have the save capability. Now for the other games there is a lack of info, as it is on this site http://web.archive.org/web/200502070...ame_select.htm it has some info on final fantasy and on SOM 2, but the advised cart is farly expensive so i wanted to know what other carts can be used, cheap ones of course, also on chrono trigger i couldnt find any info.

Also, the rom images are on NTSC, and that makes me a problem, as my snes is not modified in anyway, so i think i need to convert the roms to a pal format, am i right?

So i know that this is a big text but if anyone could give me a help it would be apreciated, im sorry one last thing i also need to buy an eprom programer, im thinking on this one http://global.ebay.com/Dual_Power_Wi...340205475/item its farly good just to make these reproduction carts?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no one can help me nor give me a website that could help me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I doubt the process is any different than any other reproduction. Simply find a suitable donor PCB (huge lists of PCBs are on my website, hint hint), figure out the proper wiring of the EPROM to the PCB, and go at it. Just look for d4s' SNESDEV site.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

your website has a good info regarding the pcb's, that is good but i need more info on this matter, has for the region problem, what what games have save capabilities and are cheap. but you already helped me alot with the box scans and such, it helps to make a good reproduction. Thx.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by konio38 View Post
    HI there fellow gamers, latly i have been informing my self on this snes reproduction carts business, and as a European snes owner my main goals are to make the following:

Final Fantasy VI Pal cart

Chrono Trigger Pal Cart

Secret of mana 2 Pal Cart

and lastly

Star fox 2 Pal cart.

Now for starfox 2 there are tons of info about this so i preaty much got it cover, im thinking in a winter gold cart, that as i have read they are the best has they are fx-chip 2 and have the save capability. Now for the other games there is a lack of info, as it is on this site http://web.archive.org/web/200502070...ame_select.htm it has some info on final fantasy and on SOM 2, but the advised cart is farly expensive so i wanted to know what other carts can be used, cheap ones of course, also on chrono trigger i couldnt find any info.

Also, the rom images are on NTSC, and that makes me a problem, as my snes is not modified in anyway, so i think i need to convert the roms to a pal format, am i right?

So i know that this is a big text but if anyone could give me a help it would be apreciated, im sorry one last thing i also need to buy an eprom programer, im thinking on this one http://global.ebay.com/Dual_Power_Wi...340205475/item its farly good just to make these reproduction carts?
    I did this with a Chrono Trigger cart, and I just bought the american version and desoldered the lockout chip, replacing it from a PAL game. This worked perfectly, although because PAL snes' run slower the music is often out of sync like in the beginning with the ticking pendulum.