Thread: Super Buster Bros. - Arcade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Super Buster Bros. - Arcade

Simple enough. I spotted this ad on Craigslist and wanted to know if anyone here has an estimate on the value of this machine. For $250 if working and in good condition I'm more than willing to grab it, but anything I should be aware of for other costs? It appears to be an uncommon dedicated machine so I'd expect it difficult and possibly expensive to find replacement parts for this board.

Any help is appreciated and hope to hear back from the seller about it being available.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Strawberry (Level 2) bust3dstr8's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This board runs on a suicide battery. After the battery dies the game no longer
    functions. The game be can revived, you need to swap out a few unencrypted ROMS and a new Z-80 chip IFC.
    At this age the battery could go any day, unless this is already a revived board....which would be sweet.
    Last edited by bust3dstr8; 11-04-2009 at 11:39 PM.
    Clowns Suck

Clowns Suck

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor View Post
    Simple enough. I spotted this ad on Craigslist and wanted to know if anyone here has an estimate on the value of this machine. For $250 if working and in good condition I'm more than willing to grab it, but anything I should be aware of for other costs? It appears to be an uncommon dedicated machine so I'd expect it difficult and possibly expensive to find replacement parts for this board.

Any help is appreciated and hope to hear back from the seller about it being available.
    There isn't a dedicated Super Buster Bros. machine, both Buster Bros. games were kit only.

The one in the CL link is missing the BB bezel, but $200 isn't a bad deal if everything is in good shape and you like Buster Bros.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bust3dstr8 View Post
    functions. The game be can revived, you need to swap out a few unencrypted ROMS and a new Z-80 chip IFC.
    At this age the battery could go any day, unless this is already a revived board....which would be sweet.
    Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about getting a Buster Bros. cab recently and any info on it is appreciated. FWIW I would INSTANTLY buy the one in the link for $200.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bust3dstr8 View Post
    Gotcha. I received an email back that they're available today to check out the machine so I'll keep this in mind and ask about it. Before I leave I'll check out a picture of the board to study how to spot this if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Antics View Post
    There isn't a dedicated Super Buster Bros. machine, both Buster Bros. games were kit only.

The one in the CL link is missing the BB bezel, but $200 isn't a bad deal if everything is in good shape and you like Buster Bros.
    Thanks for the tip, I didn't know it was just a kit. I should have noticed that when on KLOV it had a listing of members that only have cabinet conversions and boards, except one that claims to have a dedicated (unique Capcom cab?). I noticed the bezel wasn't right but can't tell what it was for or if it was a variation.

Thanks!
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Strawberry (Level 2) bust3dstr8's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bottom right corner is the battery. It backs up the encryption table for the Z-80
    that is right above it. You might be able to desolder the battery and replace it while using a helper battery. I just never heard of anyone doing that, they just replace the chips since they are socketed and its easier.
    Clowns Suck

Clowns Suck