Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are tons of early 90's arcade games I'd love to play

"Aliens" & "X-men" are a couple of the biggest...but the one I want most

TURBO OUTRUN

Sega, why was this not included in "Coast 2 Coast"?? ::shakes fist::

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can name any Satellaview exclusive, and the chances of it being re-released are slim to none. BS Zelda, BS F-Zero Grand Prix 2, BS Marvelous, BS Tantei Club, Satella-Q, R no Shosai, DynamiTracer, Treasure Conflix, Koi Ha Balance, Radical Dreamers, Konae-Chan no DokiDoki Pengin Kazoku, PikoPiko Pairetsu, the Kirby no Omachahako line, BS Fire Emblem... I can go on with those forever.

SegaSonic the Hedgehog (the arcade game), because Sega doesn't seem to want to work around the idea that it controlled with a trackball.
    X-Men (6-player arcade game), because... well, besides the licensing issues, this game was designed to run on 2 monitors.

Any/All the Virtual Boy and 64DD releases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
    could be released on vc maybe.... supposedly activision hold the rights to the game according to wikipedia :S
    They just hold the exclusive rights to the James Bond license for videogames, which was what killed the rerelease of Goldeneye on XBLA. Activision wanted Nintendo's approval so as to not anger them by sublicensing the James Bond license to Rare/Microsoft to allow a N64 classic to appear on a console of a Nintendo competitor, and Nintendo didn't want to see it happen and didn't give the project it's blessings.

The offer to release it on the Virtual Console at the same time to appease Nintendo by letting them earn some money off it didn't even persuade them to give Activision their blessing. But just to be clear, Nintendo (And Activision) have no ownership of this N64 classic. But without the IP license to James Bond, there was nothing Rare could do with it since it's critical to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mort View Post
    Panzer Dragoon Saga...
    The source code has been lost evidently. What a shame. It's still one of the most unique RPG's there is. No one has made a game quite like it yet.
    Doesn't strike me as much of a problem. Would just have to be ran under emulation, something I suspect is more likely to ever happen then to see Saturn classics starting to get ported to modern consoles. But Sega has never shown much interest in emulating the Sega CD, Sega 32X, or Sega Saturn, so I doubt it will ever happen.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 11-13-2009 at 01:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Most of them?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Magic of Scheherazade 2.

This one had an ad in a gaming magazine I owned a very long time ago yet it never got released, so I'm assuming it won't ever get a rerelease either. I love the original and ths is probably the only promotional released I'd buy if one was to ever surface. Who knows if there's even a beta copy of the game available. I doubt it.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's a bloody outrage that I can't play Beat 'em and Eat 'em or Custer's Revenge on my XBLA/VC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    And there are lots of games that can't be re-released (or would be butchered a la Revenge of Shinobi) and really should:

Toejam and Earl
    Toejam and Earl: Panic on Funkotron.
    I'm pretty sure I saw these on the vc last time I checked.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

steel battalion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acem77 View Post
    steel battalion
    One can dream, can't they?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Valis series
    Gaiares
    X-men (Arcade)
    Simpson's (Arcade)
    Cool Spot

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post
    Doesn't strike me as much of a problem. Would just have to be ran under emulation, something I suspect is more likely to ever happen then to see Saturn classics starting to get ported to modern consoles. But Sega has never shown much interest in emulating the Sega CD, Sega 32X, or Sega Saturn, so I doubt it will ever happen.
    GameTap has had the rights to emulate Panzer Dragoon Saga for a few years now, but we just never had the resources to get it working. I don't work there anymore, but given the company's current direction it's probably not going to happen.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Even with Panzer Dragoon Saga's source code being lost, it is technically possible to reverse engineer and/or rebuild the data. Working Designs had to do something similar with Magic Knight Rayearth, the rumor being that both Rayearth and PDS were on the same harddrive. I think the original House of the Dead also might have been lost at the same time.

The problem, of course, is that doing something like that is time consuming and expensive. Only somebody as crazy devoted as Victor Ireland would go through the headache of doing it rather than writing it off and moving on. So is it impossible? No. Is it likely? Also no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEye View Post
    GameTap has had the rights to emulate Panzer Dragoon Saga for a few years now, but we just never had the resources to get it working. I don't work there anymore, but given the company's current direction it's probably not going to happen.
    I know about Sega Saturn emulation on GameTap (Was actually looking around their list of titles after I made that post), but I was talking about Sega itself. They've never touched anything except 8 bit and Genesis emulation in any of their own classic compilation projects for console titles that they've contracted developers like Digital Eclipse to program.

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

Capcom's two Dungeons & Dragons arcade games, Tower of Doom and Shadow Over Mystara. In order for them to re-release these, they'd have to get a D&D license, which is probably not a priority for Capcom (In fact, it's a little strange that they had one in the first place).

While I'm mentioning lost Capcom games, Alien vs. Predator (arcade) is likely another that we'll never see re-released.

Thank God for MAME.

--Zero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ze_ro View Post
    While I'm mentioning lost Capcom games, Alien vs. Predator (arcade) is likely another that we'll never see re-released.
    --Zero
    I was just about to mention that one also. It's too bad that one never showed up on the Saturn.

Also I would have liked to have seen Planet Harrier and Star Wars Trilogy show up on Dreamcast.
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink - www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Reverse Engineering could solve that problem though.

And there are lots of games that can't be re-released (or would be butchered a la Revenge of Shinobi) and really should:

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
    I hear a PEGI rating suggests this may happen.

And I believe a few of the Capcom SNES Disney games were ported to GBA, including all 3 Magical Quest games (even the third game that was originally released only in Japan).

Insert Coin (Level 0) betamax001's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SaturnXmkII

Quote Originally Posted by gameofyou View Post
    Also I would have liked to have seen Planet Harrier and Star Wars Trilogy show up on Dreamcast.
    I think Star Wars Trilogy would work pretty well with Wii controls quite honestly. If they annouced today that that game was coming to the Wii I would buy a Wii right now.

"I just wanna swing the Wiimote like a lightsaber"
    NES, Atari 7800, Genesis, SNES, Saturn, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Atari Flashback 2, Limited Edition Red Wii, PS3 Slim, GBC, GBA, GBASP, DS Lite, and PSP 3000.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    Working Designs had to do something similar with Magic Knight Rayearth, the rumor being that both Rayearth and PDS were on the same harddrive. I think the original House of the Dead also might have been lost at the same time.
    Magic Knight Rayearth came out in Japan in August 1995. Part of its source (not the entire thing) was lost not long after that, and rebuilding its code is part of why it took so long to come out here (WD doesn't exactly have a huge programming staff), but not the sole reason. Panzer Dragoon Saga's source couldn't have been lost until after it was released, in 1998. There's no way it was the same time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What the hell happened to Kid Icarus!?!? THATS a game that needs to see a re-release, of course in 2D only, 3D would kill it like it has ALL classic games except maybe Metal Gear.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Magic Knight Rayearth came out in Japan in August 1995. Part of its source (not the entire thing) was lost not long after that, and rebuilding its code is part of why it took so long to come out here (WD doesn't exactly have a huge programming staff), but not the sole reason. Panzer Dragoon Saga's source couldn't have been lost until after it was released, in 1998. There's no way it was the same time.
    Then Sega must really suck at protecting data.