Now I can finally stop using the Japanese version. I guarantee the US version won't bring any more compatibility, but atleast it'll be in English.

Anyways. Now that it's going to be on the US PSN, guaranteed that more people will download it because they won't have to go through all the hoops of signing up for a Japanese account, downloading it from the Japanese PSN, and then once getting on, actually being able to use the service because being able to read what you're supposed to do to get on(although there are guides out there in order to get on, which I had to use.)

The only bad thing about Ad-hoc party is the owners of a PS3 20gb system won't be able to utilize this feature. The reason for this is because you need to be connected to the internet by a wired connection and the PS3 to PSP wirelessly(once you get on Ad-hoc Party.)

This service brings the ability to play any PSP ad-hoc multiplayer game through the PS3 with any other person that has both a PS3 and a PSP. Just like the quote, most gaming sites or people will probably post about the more popular recently released titles to play. But not just those. Wipeout Pure, Gundam Battle Tactics/Royale/Chronicle/Universe, Power Stone Collection, Grand Theft Auto, Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, Final Fantasy Tactics. Great games, but if you want to play multiplayer then you're forced to go over to there house and sit there in range of one another, but now you can play someone regardless if they're 20 minutes away or in another state.

I've ranted about this previously, but this service is one thing that the PS3 has over the 360 in my opinion. So yeah there might not be any cross game chat or using your own music while playing a game. This service makes up for that ten fold because it makes all PSP multiplayer games online instead of local wifi only. I still miss cross game chat though and really hope Sony releases a PS3 version of it still though.

Adhoc multiplayer mode won't be the bane of PSP owners who want the global reach of infrastructure mode anymore. If they have PS3s, that is. Sony has finally announced that Adhoc Party is coming to North America.

For those who haven't heard of it, Adhoc Party is a free PS3 app that lets PSP owners connect to a PS3 through Wi-Fi and play adhoc-only games over the Internet. Can't find companions nearby for a Monster Hunter run? With Adhoc Party, you can look for party members from halfway 'round the globe.

The app also supports voice chat if you have a PlayStation Eye or wireless headset.

The only thing that puts a damper in the festivities is that apart from saying that it's coming soon, Sony hasn't revealed a launch date yet. Still, great news. It's about damn time that they announce this, really, what with the number of big adhoc-only PSP games that have come out (and are about to come out).