I have some questions about the x'eye that I was wondering if anyone could help me with?

1. When I purchased my x'eye, it did not come with the JVC power adaptor. I have not been able to find a spare JVC adaptor, so recently I obtained a Sega CDX adaptor. I wanted to make sure that the CDX AC is safe to use on the x'eye for extended use? Even though the CDX adaptor puts out identical power ratings to the JVC adaptor, I am still not completely comfortable using a non-original AC adaptor.

2. Another question I had is if it is normal for the upper left area of the system to become warm during use?

3. The final question I have is about game freezing. I was playing the x'eye with the CDX adaptor today with two different games. I first played the Sega CD game Bram Stoker's Dracula for about an hour and a half, and on my last play-through the game froze after my character had died. I had to hit the reset button. Again, I had been playing for an hour and a half before this happened. I then played the Genesis game Batman. I had cleaned the cartridge contacts before I played, but when I put the game in all it did was display a black screen. I cleaned the contacts again, and was then able to get to the intro screens, but it froze. I hit reset and I was then able to play the game. However, it froze again as I was playing. Does anyone have any idea what is causing the freezing? Is it because of the CDX adaptor? Is it because of extended playing time? I would greatly appreciate your help.

4. Does anyone know where I can find an original x'eye adaptor and/or the manual for the system as these are very hard to find?