Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atlus' PS3 RPG '3D Dot Heroes' Coming to US!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    You're kidding, right? Next to Dynasty Warriors, Armored Core is probably the most over released series in the history gaming. There are multiple games on the PSOne, PS2 and 360/PS3, all of which are only slightly different from one another.
    Counting console(and handheld games only) and not rereleases, three for PSX, seven for PS2, two for PS360, and one for PSP. Okay so there's 11 games.

Differences between AC and Dynasty Warriors.

In each Dynasty Warrior title you're going through the same stages maybe one extra character or maybe a stage extra per every other game, sometimes between games. All characters have the same attacks from one game to the next, the later games you can get an extra weapon or so so they have a couple more attacks extra than the earlier games. Technically, every game is the same both missions and combo attacks.

With every Armored Core title up to Last Raven, the gameplay remains almost entirely the same with small changes like Overboost, the Energy core system, and left hand weapons(poor rate of fire) and subtle changes like energy, heat, damage changes, etc. Each game also has more equipment than the last. Armored Core 4 and For Answer have more drastic changes from the new Quick Boost, the amount of energy consumption, amount of HP, good use of left hand weapons, and new control system. The later games play like the earlier games but it's a very noticable change, so much that it's like playing Street Fighter 2 then going straight to Street Fighter Alpha 3 as a comparison.

On the AC titles though, every game actually has different missions. The only game that has the same missions as every other game is the second disc on Nexus. 40 missions from all prior titles with upgraded graphics and music but using the Nexus versions of the status' and setups. Each AC that has the arena included also has different areas to fight at in every game.

So yeah. Subtle performance changes, different storyline, competely different missions between each game, never the same arena areas. It's not the same as Dynasty Warriors. Not even close. The only thing that can be said about the AC series is how each of them play, and that was changed with the AC4 series, but you can also say that about many different series, like every fighting game series in existance, most RPG series that play similar or the same as their prequel, the list goes on.

Nice try though, Bojay.

*edit*

Here's another. It's like saying Elder Scrolls is like the Dynasty Warriors series because Oblivion and its expansions are just like Morrowind and its expansions. They carry nothing more than subtle changes between Oblivion and Morrowind while the expansions have the same gameplay differences as each game. Let's disregard that they include entirely different areas and quests similar to Bojay disregarding all the different missions in each AC.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 11-19-2009 at 01:35 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Counting console(and handheld games only) and not rereleases, three for PSX, seven for PS2, two for PS360, and one for PSP. Okay so there's 11 games.

Differences between AC and Dynasty Warriors.

In each Dynasty Warrior title you're going through the same stages maybe one extra character or maybe a stage extra per every other game, sometimes between games. All characters have the same attacks from one game to the next, the later games you can get an extra weapon or so so they have a couple more attacks extra than the earlier games. Technically, every game is the same both missions and combo attacks.

With every Armored Core title up to Last Raven, the gameplay remains almost entirely the same with small changes like Overboost, the Energy core system, and left hand weapons(poor rate of fire) and subtle changes like energy, heat, damage changes, etc. Each game also has more equipment than the last. Armored Core 4 and For Answer have more drastic changes from the new Quick Boost, the amount of energy consumption, amount of HP, good use of left hand weapons, and new control system. The later games play like the earlier games but it's a very noticable change, so much that it's like playing Street Fighter 2 then going straight to Street Fighter Alpha 3 as a comparison.

On the AC titles though, every game actually has different missions. The only game that has the same missions as every other game is the second disc on Nexus. 40 missions from all prior titles with upgraded graphics and music but using the Nexus versions of the status' and setups. Each AC that has the arena included also has different areas to fight at in every game.

So yeah. Subtle performance changes, different storyline, competely different missions between each game, never the same arena areas. It's not the same as Dynasty Warriors. Not even close. The only thing that can be said about the AC series is how each of them play, and that was changed with the AC4 series, but you can also say that about many different series, like every fighting game series in existance, most RPG series that play similar or the same as their prequel, the list goes on.

Nice try though, Bojay.

*edit*

Here's another. It's like saying Elder Scrolls is like the Dynasty Warriors series because Oblivion and its expansions are just like Morrowind and its expansions. They carry nothing more than subtle changes between Oblivion and Morrowind while the expansions have the same gameplay differences as each game. Let's disregard that they include entirely different areas and quests similar to Bojay disregarding all the different missions in each AC.
    I still believe the comparison is very apt. Dynasty Warriors games (at least the numbered ones and not the Xtreme or other derivatives) do not differ by a single character, but rather have whole sets of new characters, new special attacks, new level designs and new objectives. Trust me, I have complete sets of both the Armored Core series and Dynasty Warriors (again, the numbered ones, I don't bother with the Xtreme or similar side games which really are very subtle in their changes). To gain mass acceptance and actually move substantial numbers of units, both series need to innovate. It's not like plenty of both series haven't been released over here. It's just the general gaming public could care less because neither series has ever done much to advance their respective genres.

You're right that some fighting games are the same way, but that's why Capcom let the Street Fighter series rest for a long time and why there isn't a new Mortal Kombat game on the horizon. Don't worry though, it looks like Agetec is planning on releasing some of the PSP versions of Armored Core over here, so you can go ahead and buy them again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raedon View Post
    Korean if I remember correctly.

I'm all for helping the developer but I've always been a fan of whatever strange RPGs and Action RPGs Atlus drags over here.

At one point in the past I was all about Square, then I moved to Enix, and now I'm all about Atlus.
    Agreed! Odin Sphere and Demon's Souls both have been above the call and I expect this to be just as addictive and fun. They definetely on their game.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Wow.....

I want that. O.O