Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar View Post
I don't remember the specifics, but isn't there a cart that gives the 2068 a high level of ZX compatibility? I seem to remember Icbrkr talking about it when I first mentioned wanting a ZX.
from wikipedia

However, these changes made the machine incompatible with most Spectrum machine-code software, which is to say virtually all commercial titles; less than 10% would run successfully. In an attempt to remedy this, many TS users built a cartridge with a Spectrum ROM for emulation. The emulation was sufficiently accurate that it was able to run the majority of software produced for the Spectrum. Only later Timex of Portugal produced a Spectrum emulator cartridge that auto-boots. This cartridge do not fit TS2068 as it is higher than normal cartridges. TC2068 casing was changed to allow this.
would still be way more trouble then its worth in my opion. its more of a hassle, probibly way more expensive and i doubt your still getting 100% compatibility and thats IF you can find either of them. seems like it would be easer just convert the voltage and getting a pal monitor.

it is an intresting footnote though.