Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brag: SNES Starfox Super Weekend cart

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Brag: SNES Starfox Super Weekend cart

I dun did ok today. I thought it was something kinda special when I picked it up for $6 (over my limit on SNES, like the $7 Rock N' Roll Racing I also picked up today), but I didn't realize it was a DP 9. Score!

Certainly one of the best finds I've had all year. Funny, as I found a Starfox 'Not For Resale - Demo Only' cart for free yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow great find indeed, but what makes me wonder is the fact that there are really collectors who don't know what this cart is worth )
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got mine for $9.99 last month - guy had no clue, and it was at a store that exclusively sells video games.

Hooray!
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default knowing

Of course there are people (like me) who don't know it's value. If you don't collect these systems seriously, then you'll never learn. And it's hard to memorize rarity outright- I don't bother memorizing anything in life.

I've learned about rarity almost exclusively through what I've found. I look for stuff at a certain price point, and buy it when I can afford it, then I look it up when I get home. Always been that way. And I don't have THAT much neo-classic stuff, so I don't know much about collecting it.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's averaging a couple hundred bucks on Ebay, so you certainly got your money's worth. I need a Star Fox Weekend cart. I have the DKC comp cart that I got at a clueless dedicated game store for a song (I think 9.99). I think the SNES is in the unique position where you can get some of these highly desireable games like the "Not for Resale" demos (I have 14 different titles that fall in this catagory) and the promotional games like Star Fox Weekend and DKC Comp because the labels are almost the same except for one or two minor differences... the stores just ignore it.

Of course, the demos are simply glorified label variations.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll give you $7 for the StarFox Competition cart

Great find! I'm still hoping to stumble across one for myself one of these days...such nostalgia from participating in the tournament.

-Kevin
    \\ : NUON-Dome : / "The place to go for all things NUON." - Edge Magazine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

Yeah, I'd love to find one too. Who had them Blockbuster?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember Nintendo Power selling them off after the tournament was over, I think they were like $50 a piece then (I should rifle through my old stack of NP's to verify because it's been a loooong time).

I don't believe Blockbuster ever had any. I was in the competition at a Hills department store here in Western NY, but Nintendo must've taken the carts with them after the "super weekend" was over.

-Kevin
    \\ : NUON-Dome : / "The place to go for all things NUON." - Edge Magazine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought mine for 2 bucks.. right inside the corporate offices of Nintendo of America when they had an end-of-year "clearance sale". Their store was dumping loads of stuff.. and since I was working there as a temp sorting mail (x_x) I got the pick of a lot of good stuff. Working there sucked (I only did it for a few weeks until I got settled), but at least the timing was right and I got lots of goodies!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default More?

So which other SNES carts should I not miss out on picking up? I.E. Blockbuster exclusives, contest carts, whatever...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

So which other SNES carts should I not miss out on picking up? I.E. Blockbuster exclusives, contest carts, whatever...
    DK and Star Fox are the big ones.

Final Fight guy isn't bad either

Also I think there is a competeion cart which has NEVER been found. I'd know the name if I heard it.

Adam

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

anyone want 150 bucks and some snes stuff for that game?
    anyone wanna sell me some of their demos?
    please?
    hello???
    anyone........???
    -crispy
    No, I'm Mr. Big Lucky Flavor!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there an estimated # of copies on each competition cart?? It seems like I have been hearing about them being found all the time lately.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think the box to dk competition has the number of how many carts were sold through nintendo power on it. the star fox comp. box probably has the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Dk competition cart was limited to 2500, it says so right on the green case that accompanied the cart from Nintendo.

As far as the StarFox game, I would imagine that it's in a similar ballpark.

Steve
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Also I think there is a competeion cart which has NEVER been found. I'd know the name if I heard it.

Well there's no psysical evidence that it againsts, but appearntly there were three different Blockbuster Championship carts... there copies of the Genesis versions in collectors hands, and there are ads for an SNES tournament sanctioned by BB, but no carts and no clue what games are on the carts.

The only two officially sanctioned comp carts made by Nintendo are the DKC one and the Star Fox one, and obviously both exist (and in greater numbers then... say... the NWC carts). There is a rumor that there were like 500 promotional carts made for Stunt Race FX but... alas... no evidence. I hated that game anyway.

"anyone wanna sell me some of their demos?" At this time, the SNES demos are worth somewhere between jack and shit. Online auctions for those average less then $10 a game... except for Super Street Fighter 2 which pushes in the neighborhood of $50 loose. I have a ton and I'm not kidding, there is no difference between those games and the commerical versions... no changes in programing, no reset timers... nothing. Just one thing on the label that says "Not for Resale." You're basically buying into a label variation. I don't anticipate those to ever be worth anything.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the Contra 3 Alien Wars "Demo - Not For Resale" and there no difference between this and the "real" release copy.
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sniperCCJVQ
    I have the Contra 3 Alien Wars "Demo - Not For Resale" and there no difference between this and the "real" release copy.
    On ebay I've noticed the periodic Contra III cart that's just a white label with text, supposedly they're from the factory, new, just without the box art label.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah, castlewolfenstein has been selling those for a while. gundampilot told me that he saw a ms. pacman with the same type of label on it. i'm guessing that when they over-produce the boards they stick them in cases and put these cheap labels on them, not used for kiosks. some of the in-store demo n64 carts are different than the released versions, i wonder if any of the snes ones are..

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well some of the snes demo carts r actually rare.. The carts with a value between jack and shit r the ones u see allmost weekly; ken griffey. and that is it.

The rest is not gettin much either because of the lack of interest in these.. Maybe in the following weeks/months their price will slightly push, cause on every board u suddenly see interest in the demo cartridges.

The only ones i know that have a headstart is me and Rolland.

The N64 Demo cartridges r definately rare. No doubt about that. Beside, a lot of them r slightly different then released versions. To name a few: Donkey kong, exitebike, Zelda TOOT, Zelda MM.

grtz,
    Niels
    Always looking for the obscure..www.nespit.com