Thread: December 2009 Finds

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by fahlim003 View Post
    Found a supposed R7 PS1 game today.

All for 50 cents. Too bad there is no interest TotS, I'll still flip it though.

Sounds like an awesome book.
    Let me know when you want to sell/trade TotS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Grabbed some stuff the other day, CIB PC games:
    Full Throttle [Limited Edition] $5
    DIG $3
    Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis $3
    Interstate '76 $3
    Grim Fandango $3
    Ultima VIII $3

Playstation model SCPH-1001 (no hook-ups) $5

Sega Activator w/AC adaptor, no box/instructions $5

Looking forward to using that horrible sensor controller and possibly setting it up at a gaming event to throw people off. Happy about the PC games, particularly Full Throttle and Grim Fandango. Been looking for a cheap early PS console with serial ports so I can later link up some games. If I can find a cheap Dreamcast link cable it'd be nice for a few tournament games I have.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor View Post
    Grabbed some stuff the other day, CIB PC games:
    Full Throttle [Limited Edition] $5
    DIG $3
    Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis $3
    Interstate '76 $3
    Grim Fandango $3
    Ultima VIII $3

Playstation model SCPH-1001 (no hook-ups) $5

Sega Activator w/AC adaptor, no box/instructions $5

Looking forward to using that horrible sensor controller and possibly setting it up at a gaming event to throw people off. Happy about the PC games, particularly Full Throttle and Grim Fandango. Been looking for a cheap early PS console with serial ports so I can later link up some games. If I can find a cheap Dreamcast link cable it'd be nice for a few tournament games I have.
    DAMN EPIC PC finds!!! I'd love to find all those. I have Full Throttle and DIG but man would I kill for a Grim Fandango.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got one of my eBay packages today:
    Williams Arcade Classics
    Wheel of Fortune
    Jeopardy
    Quiz Wiz
    Monopoly
    Game.com Pocket Pro (Purple)

Everything was unopened except for the Game.com, which was complete.

I got it all for, I think $25 shipped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin- View Post
    DAMN EPIC PC finds!!! I'd love to find all those. I have Full Throttle and DIG but man would I kill for a Grim Fandango.
    Well, I almost didn't make it to the thrift store before it closed. I was on my way to a 7:00 PM meeting and was scrambling to look through the items at the store. I was actually discussing Grim Fandango with someone the day before so it was crazy to find it when I did! I haven't gone digging around in awhile, partially due to unemployment. So here's a picture from this morning:

I actually start a new job Monday so maybe I'll start digging again and grab more finds.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There was only one edition of Full Throttle, right? Mine has the sticker and I got it pretty late on the discount rack at Office Depot.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    There was only one edition of Full Throttle, right? Mine has the sticker and I got it pretty late on the discount rack at Office Depot.
    No, there were several editions of Full Throttle. The hardest to get is the Bandanna Edition as that was only available directly from LucasArts. I believe the limited edition has a bonus mini player's guide included.

The PC games are a very nice find by the way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure. This one has a silver oval sticker (you can see in the flash) with black lettering and a skull that says: "LIMITED EDITION with FREE Mini-Strategy Guide Inside!" I'm not familiar with variations in PC gaming print other than "Classic" floppy games being reprinted on CDs like with the Ultima game above and King's Quest titles. There are a lot like that, but sometimes there are jewel case only games that became budget sellers after over a year in big boxes at higher prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    No, there were several editions of Full Throttle. The hardest to get is the Bandanna Edition as that was only available directly from LucasArts. I believe the limited edition has a bonus mini player's guide included.

The PC games are a very nice find by the way.
    Solved. heh

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The old The Adventurer catalogs actually had several "editions" for the game, but I'm specifically wondering about actual packages, and whether or not all the big boxes had that sticker. I seem to recall a jewel-case only release, but I don't remember seeing a big box that wasn't limited.

For those who are interested, ordering from The Adventurer got you either a Corly Motors keychain, or a Full Throttle bandanna, depending on whether you got the DOS or Mac version. I'm not sure if these were packaging variants or if they just threw the bonus item in when they shipped it, or maybe even just sent the jewel case and bonus item. When I bought the Classics Archive (Maniac Mansion, Loom, Monkey Island, Indy3...) from them, it was just the floppies and manual shrinkwrapped against a piece of cardboard, no box at all!

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

The old The Adventurer catalogs actually had several "editions" for the game, but I'm specifically wondering about actual packages, and whether or not all the big boxes had that sticker. I seem to recall a jewel-case only release, but I don't remember seeing a big box that wasn't limited.

For those who are interested, ordering from The Adventurer got you either a Corly Motors keychain, or a Full Throttle bandanna, depending on whether you got the DOS or Mac version. I'm not sure if these were packaging variants or if they just threw the bonus item in when they shipped it, or maybe even just sent the jewel case and bonus item. When I bought the Classics Archive (Maniac Mansion, Loom, Monkey Island, Indy3...) from them, it was just the floppies and manual shrinkwrapped against a piece of cardboard, no box at all!
    The packages were different, I'll include a link to someone's collection. Check out the first PC box, it's a factory sealed copy with no sticker(no player's guide included).
    http://collection.maruska.cz/detail....=Full_Throttle

And here's the Bandana Edition(first game in this collection). I have no idea why my spell check keeps wanting to change it to "Bandanna".
    http://lucasarts.vintagegaming.org/i...game&gameid=11

I think there was also an edition which came in a regular shape box, just like most of the other PC games out there at the time(it might have been a European version only though). The key chain was a bonus item, I'm pretty sure it didn't have a separate edition box. It's also possible that the Bandana was just given with some copies of the Limited Edition from LucasArts, they might not have bothered to put Bandana stickers on all of the boxes.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pretty bleh day:

Genesis - X-Men 2 (complete) - 6
    NES - Bionic Commando (boxed) - 10

I've been looking for Xmen 2 for a loooooooooong time! Finally got one so that brings me to about 80 more genesis games to finish the set. Bionic Commando's box is beat to death. Ever since playing rearmed I've wanted to try the original so I picked it up.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Flea Market.

DIRTY NES..
    $10.00..
    no Plug..Guy said it was in a box but I didn't have the time to look so he's going to find it and put it to the side for me.

POCKET FISHERMAN...New in Box..$2.00
    NES Game $1.00
    Sony Dreammachine Clock Radio,,(wifes blew out,set this one up,works great.$2.00
    Small Clock Radio(bought incase the Sony didn't work $2.00

Crate of Coca Cola TY and Sports TYs/Harley Davidson and a bag of the tag covers....one has a mini mag flashlight on it..$2.00

Next 20 inch bike..$7.00..needs rear brake cable.

Passed up Atari 5200 In Box..Used....No RF,no Controllers..Several Games,several sealed games $75.00..Guy asked me if that was a good price and I said NO..

Found another MX350 Razor Electric Dirtbike but the guy wanted $150.00..craziness.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I forgot where you live Daryl. I haven't seen a flea market around NJ in years, it seems.

Me? Dirt Jockey ($1) and Championship Bass ($1) for the PS1. Emosigh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Went to GameStop yesterday and took advantage of the "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" sale. Picked up (all PS3 and CIB):

Valkyria Chronicles
    Condmemned 2: Bloodshot
    Rise of the Argonauts
    The Incredible Hulk
    Wall-E
    Tomb Raider Underworld

For only having the PS3 for less than 4 months, I already have 52 games! Not bad.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Couple CL pickups I'm pretty happy about.

The GB games were $28 total, and are all CIB. Was a PITA to pick up because they wanted to meet at the MOA, and that place was insane today. Drive near that place and you wouldn't know there's a recession.

The Sega stuff was $35. Too bad he'd already sold a few games separately (Sonic CD, Gunstar Heroes, Dark Wizard, and Herzog Zwei). Ugh, woulda been nice to add Herzog to the collection. It does leave me baffled that someone picked up those, but left Golden Axe Warrior (CIB w/ sticker if anyone cares). I'm not complaining, though, since I've been hunting this game for some time. I won it on eBay a year or so ago for about 10 shipped, but the seller claimed it was lost or damaged, only to re-list the exact auction under a different user name. What's funny is that the guy selling all this had this last on his ad and just said it was for another system but you could have it if you want. The lot was worth it without, but honestly that's why I picked it up and drove quite a ways. This lot did come with power supplies, Gen 1? a/v cable (is this supposed to be mono, or do I actually have a SMS a/v?), a 3-button, 2 6-button performance pads, and a GeniStick, I just forgot to get them in the picture.

The Zune dock is for my father-in-law who has a Zune, and it was $30 from Goodwill. It was a Target item, hopefully it works fine, cause I don't have a zune to test with.

edit: Looks like Fire Shark is actually a bit scarce (R5), and more importantly, a good game! Obviously I don't know Genesis all that well.
    Last edited by Cornelius; 12-12-2009 at 04:06 PM.

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up some more Xbox 360 games from the Blockbuster going out of business:

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard - $14
    Bully: Scholarship Edition - $10.50
    World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions 2007 Edition - $4.90
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes - $4.90

Republic Heroes normally goes for $40 at Blockbuster, but I found a disc-only copy that was labeled as $7. The lady at the counter found the box for it with the instruction manual when searching for the disk. Woo hoo!

I think this puts me over 140 Xbox 360 games now. I only had 30 at the beginning of the year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Made a few finds at the flea market today.
    NES Advantage controller
    SNES Super Scope Receiver
    Saturn Controller
    Weird NES Controller
    Neo Geo Pocket color with Card Fighters Clash
    3 Atari 5200 games Berzerk, Qix, Super Breakout
    4 Coleco games Zaxxon, Mouse Trap, Donkey Kong, Mr Do
    2 Atari 2600 games Dodger Cars and Dragonfire
    3 NES games Batman. Blades of Steel, Dick Tracy

I needed the 2600 and NES games but dont have a 5200 or Coleco but I picked them up any way they were cheap. I never have seen a NGPC around and it was cheap as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Picked up a Famicom GB Micro with Mario Party Advance, The Hobbit, and Top Gun for $40 off craigslist. Not the greatest price but I've wanted one for awhile.

Also, thanks for alerting me that they're having a B2G1 again megasdkirby, I think I'll stop by there later tonight.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Got my MSX2 in from Rising Stuff today, this was all $120, I'd say I got a pretty good deal. It's just missing the 1 key.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Found a Daystar Turbo601 card at my University today. I was looking for PC100 SDRAM for the iMac G3 that I'm restoring, and happened to look inside some giant old "spectro-analyzer-thingimajig," and saw a computer card sitting there. I mistook the connector on it to be a NuBus connector, so I grabbed it; when I got home, I compared it to the open slots on my Mac IIci and found that it fit the PDS slot.

I'm pretty happy with this find, since now my Mac runs a lot faster--probably twice as fast as it did before, and now System 7.5 actually runs smoothly.