Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis - Famitsu Edition

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    PS. Oh yea this is gonna make you all flip your lid, you know the game box, well it also has the cardboard incert for the game
    HOLY FRAKING CRAP, THE CARDBORAD INSERT! WOWIE ZOWIE OMG CARDBOARD AAAA!

(Couldn't resist.)
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Its all in the eye of the beholder I suppose. Its a big deal for the OP and that's all that matters. My big find of the year was a couple weeks ago finding a loose Vulture Attack for the 2600 (R9). Its a big deal to me but to someone who doesn't collect Atari they might think I've lost my mind to be excited about it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    HOLY FRAKING CRAP, THE CARDBORAD INSERT! WOWIE ZOWIE OMG CARDBOARD AAAA!

(Couldn't resist.)
    Lol I know, the insert is completely worthless, and doesn't take away from the value, if it were missing, I was using that to basically point out, that the person who originally bought it, bought it for his collection, not to actually play(seeing how I didn't post a link to it, that was my odd way to describe the really good condition, without actually going into detail, after all that post was big enough, don't you think).
    Last edited by Zoltor; 12-02-2009 at 11:28 AM.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Y'all are a bunch of dicks. :P Give the guy a break. Jeez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Unless it's something along the lines of the Elemental Gearbolt: Assassin's Case, which I doubt, then it's not extremely rare, and you probably paid a fair market value for it. I mean, I doubt a Japanese seller listing an item on US eBay or an American collector of such items would be completely clueless about its value.

Fancy limited editions like those aren't that uncommon in Japan, especially for RPGs, and they often include really off-the-wall items. I have the limited edition PS1 Valkyrie Profile box set, and it comes with a very impressive pocket watch. Squaresoft had a bunch of limited editions for their PlayStation games too. I believe one even came with a tea set. Granted, these do usually have small print runs, but that tends to inflates their value at release more so than later on. Once they're old news, they usually don't sell for more than the 100-200 dollar range.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

It's a great find but I'm just disappointed that you didn't "literally stumble" You came across it but there was no stumbling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    phreak97

lots of LE runs have multiple colours, some of the djmax portables do, theres another one im thinking of too but i cant remember the name.

Im not trying to be an ass, im just saying, dont brag with made up facts, let someone who knows tell you what its worth. These arent bragging forums, its a genuine resource to help collectors figure out if they have something of value or to check an item before a deal is made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

i came

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow a nice box indeed!
    I wonder what were these sections in the box for?? Looks like the insert explains something but i cannot get what
    OWNER: http://www.sealedvideogames.net
    My Rpg Collection
    Always looking for FACTORY SEALED snes and sega and psx RPG's.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Sol View Post
    Wow a nice box indeed!
    I wonder what were these sections in the box for?? Looks like the insert explains something but i cannot get what
    Yea.

Yea there is no reason for the upper space evidently, the devider its self seems to be made to hold the gamebox in place, but instead of putting a block of wood as the devider, they just used a smaller piece of wood.

I suppose they did it to not waste as much wood(remember the Japanese actually care about their country/enviroment), that's the only reason I can think of.

PS. The insert explains how to put the plastic into the frame like top(on the inside of the box), I think that is it, but there could be more info then just that in it, but that's all I can see.

To phreak97: Ah ok, then I got a really good one then, because that off white is a pretty ugly color for such a "wooden" box(Mine is like a burgandy kind of color).
    Last edited by Zoltor; 12-04-2009 at 04:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    phreak97

I found that white box again, it's a different set, though the box seems to be the only difference. underneath the "the knight of lodis" is the name of the set, on the white box it says "Lawson Limited Deluxe Pack". yours says PSIsomething I think, It's a funky font and I cant read it in the photo. what does it say? googling that may get you more information on it's history.

Edit:
    I just realised it's katakana, can you take a good quality photo of it and I'll try to read it for you?

Edit again..

It says "F/EDITION" and on the back it has something like "FAMI<unknownkanji> STORES <two more kanjis> F/EDITION" then some smaller writing I cant properly make out.

about to head to the web address on the back
    Last edited by phreak97; 12-04-2009 at 06:24 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phreak97 View Post
    I found that white box again, it's a different set, though the box seems to be the only difference. underneath the "the knight of lodis" is the name of the set, on the white box it says "Lawson Limited Deluxe Pack". yours says PSIsomething I think, It's a funky font and I cant read it in the photo. what does it say? googling that may get you more information on it's history.

Edit:
    I just realised it's katakana, can you take a good quality photo of it and I'll try to read it for you?
    Ah ok(very interesting, different companies produced these huh), thanks alot for finding that out.

I haven't got it in the mail yet, It's on its way though(the seller lives in Hong Kong).
    Last edited by Zoltor; 12-04-2009 at 06:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    phreak97

Just looked up famitsu stores japan and it's the same kanji, which I had kindof guessed but wasnt sure.. I'm going to take a stab and say you've bought a Famitsu store exclusive limited edition, hence "F/Edition" (Famitsu Edition). I still cant find much on it though.

at least I've given you something to look into. if you can go back and edit your first post, change the title to the name of the package, see if anyone knows it. your current title is crap anyway, nobody is going to click it thinking they'll be helpful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    phreak97

I suppose they did it to not waste as much wood(remember the Japanese actually care about their country/enviroment), that's the only reason I can think of.
    yeah they care so much that they destroy it for research.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just looked up famitsu stores japan and it's the same kanji, which I had kindof guessed but wasnt sure.. I'm going to take a stab and say you've bought a Famitsu store exclusive limited edition, hence "F/Edition" (Famitsu Edition). I still cant find much on it though.

at least I've given you something to look into. if you can go back and edit your first post, change the title to the name of the package, see if anyone knows it. your current title is crap anyway, nobody is going to click it thinking they'll be helpful.
    Ok cool(I had a feeling that if the item ever was even sold in stores, it was an Exclusive, simular to the US'a Target Exclusives), and It's even more interesting that different production companies made these(and the site info you are pointing out, leads me to believe that the two companines made them for different stores, so I'm gonna have to try, and find out, were they rarer in one store or the other, and such).

How would you suggest I make the title(Ogre Tactics: Knight of Lodis Gift box/Exclusive set made by katakana)?
    Last edited by Zoltor; 12-04-2009 at 07:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    phreak97

Ok cool(I had a feeling that if the item ever was even sold in stores, it was an Exclusive, simular to the US'a Target Exclusives), and It's even more interesting that different production companies made these(and the site info you are pointing out, leads me to believe that the two companines made them for different stores, so I'm gonna have to try, and find out, were they rarer in one store or the other, and such).

How would you suggest I make the title(Ogre Tactics: Knight of Lodis Gift box/Exclusive set made by katakana)?
    hahaha katakana is the alphabet it's written in, I jsut meant to say it wasnt in english which is why I couldnt make it out to begin with. I dont think it's produced by anyone different. it's got copyrights on the back for nintendo and "QUEST" if that helps.

I'd call it "Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis - Famitsu Edition"

F/Edition is more correct but less people will know what youre talknig about probably.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hahaha katakana is the alphabet it's written in, I jsut meant to say it wasnt in english which is why I couldnt make it out to begin with. I dont think it's produced by anyone different. it's got copyrights on the back for nintendo and "QUEST" if that helps.

I'd call it "Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis - Famitsu Edition"

F/Edition is more correct but less people will know what youre talknig about probably.
    Ah ok lol(hm, It's suprising, as I deal with Japane History, and such, but I actually never knew what they called their alphabet).

Well yes I saw those tags, and such, but Isn't it kind of odd(if not completely unheard of) for a company to actually make something like this in house(it would make more sense to contract a company to make the boxes). I'm refering to the wooden box mainly, the actual game box/game seems to be just your normal stock Quest(Nintendo Published) game.

Ok, I'll change it to that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    phreak97

its fairly likely they contracted someone but didnt put their name on it. Do you see mitsumi electric co. on nintendo consoles? Same deal.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

its fairly likely they contracted someone but didnt put their name on it. Do you see mitsumi electric co. on nintendo consoles? Same deal.
    Yea true, that could be the case as well.