Thread: Ideas on Famicom games?.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ideas on Famicom games?.

I'm purchasing a Famicom converter soon and i'm wonder what are some good Platform/action/beat'em up style games for the Famicom? I was told alot of great titles in my SFC thread, So I was hoping to get the same luck for the Famicom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why are you getting it when you can't think of any games you want to play with it?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Google gives me this thread when I ask it about good Famicom games.
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109771

And keep in mind that a lot of interesting Famicom games were FDS disks, so those would be off limits to the NES/converter setup.
    Last edited by XYXZYZ; 12-03-2009 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cat Ninden Teyandee (Samurai Pizza Cats) is a pretty good platformer.

If you're into shmups, there are a few good ones that were never released on the NES - Gradius II and Crisis Force, and Recca Summer Carnival '92 (this one's rare and expensive, though)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Akumajou Special: Boku Dracula-Kun. Maybe Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Grafitti as well.

Can't recall much else off the top of my head.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    Why are you getting it when you can't think of any games you want to play with it?

Did I ever state I couldn't think of any games? I don't see that anywhere. I have a list of some, I would like input on other people favorite Famicom games. Thanks!

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll second the games already mentioned to start with. The rest of my list would be:

-Moon Crystal is a really good action/semi-platformer.
    -Namco's Star Wars, while not a "good" game, has to be played if you're a Star Wars fan.
    -Konami's Wai Wai World series is great, particularly if you're big on Konami as each game features their popular characters in a cool platformer where each character has different special abilities.
    -Cocoron if you can get past all the pink and pastel colors. It's an awesome platformer.
    -Ganbare Goemon 1 & 2 are great if you can look past their flaws and just enjoy the wacky humor and enemies. These are love-it-or-hate-it games, I'll be honest. I like em.
    -Holy Diver is a tough-as-nails Castlevania clone. I couldn't play it very far, but if you like a challenge, you might enjoy it.
    -Getsu Fuumaden is an excellent action/adventure/RPG (without a whole lot of RPG to it). This is a great game and should be one of your first purchases, imo, since it's fairly cheap but insanely awesome.
    -Majin Eiyuuden Wataru Gaiden is an action-RPG with side-scrolling battles similar to Zelda 2, but much more fun. If you can stand a bunch of japanese text then this is a great game. It's fairly linear so you don't really need to know the storyline too much.
    -Ginga no Sannin is another action/adventure with very light RPG touches. You fly a spaceship around, getting into space battles, and then flying down to different planets in search of... something. I played this one for quite awhile, but my big problem was that I never found the save function. Well, maybe next time (armed with the word "save" in katakana) I can figure it out, and maybe start a walkthru for it...
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Cherry (Level 1) PresidentLeever's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ufouria - metroid + jap quirkyness + in-game map = awesome game.

Splatterhouse Wanpaku - Best game in the series!

Moai Kun - Excellent puzzler with cute graphics.

Mitsume ga Tooru - Solid Mega Man clone.

Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa - Cute platformer with interesting mechanics, not as kid friendly as it looks.

Also seconding Cocoron and Getsufuu Maden.
    Last edited by PresidentLeever; 12-04-2009 at 01:08 AM.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    I'll second the games already mentioned to start with. The rest of my list would be:

-Moon Crystal is a really good action/semi-platformer.
    -Namco's Star Wars, while not a "good" game, has to be played if you're a Star Wars fan.
    -Konami's Wai Wai World series is great, particularly if you're big on Konami as each game features their popular characters in a cool platformer where each character has different special abilities.
    -Cocoron if you can get past all the pink and pastel colors. It's an awesome platformer.
    -Ganbare Goemon 1 & 2 are great if you can look past their flaws and just enjoy the wacky humor and enemies. These are love-it-or-hate-it games, I'll be honest. I like em.
    -Holy Diver is a tough-as-nails Castlevania clone. I couldn't play it very far, but if you like a challenge, you might enjoy it.
    -Getsu Fuumaden is an excellent action/adventure/RPG (without a whole lot of RPG to it). This is a great game and should be one of your first purchases, imo, since it's fairly cheap but insanely awesome.
    -Majin Eiyuuden Wataru Gaiden is an action-RPG with side-scrolling battles similar to Zelda 2, but much more fun. If you can stand a bunch of japanese text then this is a great game. It's fairly linear so you don't really need to know the storyline too much.
    -Ginga no Sannin is another action/adventure with very light RPG touches. You fly a spaceship around, getting into space battles, and then flying down to different planets in search of... something. I played this one for quite awhile, but my big problem was that I never found the save function. Well, maybe next time (armed with the word "save" in katakana) I can figure it out, and maybe start a walkthru for it...
    Those are some good ones, Same for you Leever. If theres anymore that ya'll can think of i'll add it to my list. Thanks.

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I see no one's mentioned "Joy Mecha Fight" - combine Mega Man and Street Fighter only without the platforming levels and you have a decent idea of this game. Pretty fun, and the easiest Dragon Punch you'll pull off in your life. Up + A + B. Done.
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah a friend of mine told me to try that.