Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by nebrazca78 View Post
    Not everyone that I disagree with is a scumbag. But you seem to be. Where do you draw the line on "maneuvering room"? You say you don't pass out judgments to people who deviate from your way of thinking, does this include murderers and rapists? Or are you one yourself? Whether or not I think you're going to hell, which I don't, doesn't matter anyway. But I am allowed an opinion, which I have already stated. You remind me of Eric Cartman.

Same place as it was before. Right here.

lol then wtf would u suggest? i start a nationwide manhunt to track down the guy and give him back his fuckin hundred dollar bill he probably didnt even realize he dropped till he got home? or maybe i should give it to the lost and found guy in the hopes that he wont just keep it for himself and spend it all on hookers?

lol get the fuck off your moral high horse

p.s. i never said you werent allowed an opnion, but u seem to be under the impression that yours is the only one that matters, what you believe is the absolute right, the world isnt black and white, every rule has exceptions, i acknowledge that fact, you do not, because in your make believe fairy tale land, you can do no wrong, and everyone else isnt worthy of breathing the same air as you

Total Cartman move.

/last non-game related post in this thread

ol then wtf would u suggest? i start a nationwide manhunt to track down the guy and give him back his fuckin hundred dollar bill he probably didnt even realize he dropped till he got home? or maybe i should give it to the lost and found guy in the hopes that he wont just keep it for himself and spend it all on hookers?

lol get the fuck off your moral high horse

p.s. i never said you werent allowed an opnion, but u seem to be under the impression that yours is the only one that matters, what you believe is the absolute right, the world isnt black and white, every rule has exceptions, i acknowledge that fact, you do not, because in your make believe fairy tale land, you can do no wrong, and everyone else isnt worthy of breathing the same air as you
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    ol then wtf would u suggest? i start a nationwide manhunt to track down the guy and give him back his fuckin hundred dollar bill he probably didnt even realize he dropped till he got home?
    For starters, you could not have been a thieving little bastard in the first place (let alone make it a point of pride).

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

the world isnt black and white, every rule has exceptions, i acknowledge that fact, you do not, because in your make believe fairy tale land, you can do no wrong, and everyone else isnt worthy of breathing the same air as you
    Second, you could stop trying to rationalize actions that are, yes, black and white criminal behavior. You can't pull the "gray area" card when it's plainly obvious why it's a crime.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Ok. I have a confession that's pretty bad. AT least by this thread's standards.

I was at a flea market once and spotted a Game Gear. I picked it up, was looking it over and the lady told me it was $50. So I said no thanks and handed it back to her. As I did so, I "palmed" the cart that was in the system and slid it out as she took the Game Gear back. My friends and I got a couple booths down before I even looked to see what game I had grabbed. Turned out to be Bust a Move (edit: sorry sometimes I get Bubble Bobble and Bust A Move confused).

It was some real slight of hand shit. And because we'd hadn't slept the night before it had seemed like the funniest shit ever at the time. But yeah... not so much now.
    Last edited by Daria; 12-11-2009 at 11:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Considering the size of Game Gear carts, that's actually pretty impressive. Very wrong. But impressive.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think everyone goes through a phase where they test the bounds of conventional morality in some shape or form. A group of friends and I became quite good shoplifters...

The problem I see, is the existing moral code itself, or specifically, the laws that are claimed to be based on moral arguments. There are many contradictions within them. Young people realize this, whether they can cite them explicitly or not, and with the prevailing winds of nihilism and postmodern materialist philosophies, people just stop caring about what is right. Because we are told that there is no such thing after having poor moral instruction from the beginning. And at one point, some of us actually believe it. Then some never grow out of it...

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    For starters, you could not have been a thieving little bastard in the first place (let alone make it a point of pride).
    why not?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    Second, you could stop trying to rationalize actions that are, yes, black and white criminal behavior. You can't pull the "gray area" card when it's plainly obvious why it's a crime.

a guy dropping a hundred dollar bill then walking away is black and white? so by that train of thought, anyone who has ever found anything ever, anywhere at anytime should be held without trial and executed by firing squad. yes? this is moral now correct? wasnt theirs to begin with, they didnt purchase it? yes? am i in the clear now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

a guy dropping a hundred dollar bill then walking away is black and white?
    What if it wasn't cash but instead say an ipod, and they didn't drop it but left it behind at a park bench and started walking off. Would you take it or pick it up and go return it to them?

I am just curious where you draw the line, that is assuming there is a line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

a guy dropping a hundred dollar bill then walking away is black and white?
    If you see him do it, yes. End of story. Unless you can prove that he willingly abandoned the property. And, considering the value of a $100 bill, you'll never be able to do that. This isn't like just finding money on the street with no idea of where it came from. That's the key difference you seem to be ignoring.

so by that train of thought, anyone who has ever found anything ever, anywhere at anytime should be held without trial and executed by firing squad. yes? this is moral now correct?
    lolstrawman.
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger; 12-12-2009 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    What if it wasn't cash but instead say an ipod, and they didn't drop it but left it behind at a park bench and started walking off. Would you take it or pick it up and go return it to them?

I am just curious where you draw the line, that is assuming there is a line.

there are no black and whites for me, everything is case by case, there are alot of factors.

including but not limited to:
    1. what generation ipod?
    2. how much storage space?
    3. was it a kid or someone comparable that would evoke the same feelings? (read, cripples, poor people etc.)
    4. do i prefer cowon to apple?
    5. was it a girl who dropped it? if so, was she cute, if answer is yes, could i use the flagging down and pointing out of said "abandoned" ipod as a jumping off point to start conversation that will lead to sex?

the list goes on, but in general, if it looks like its a guy who could probably afford one, im taking it, fuck that guy, if its a kid, i'd give it back, cuz even satan celebrates christmas every now and again, if its a girl, i swear to god im not joking about this, if she's not what i deem physically attractive, once again, that shit is mine, if they look poor, i'll give i'd probably give it to them....unless i knew someone who wanted one then i'd probably just give it to them instead

THE END.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    If you see him do it, yes. End of story. Unless you can prove that he willingly abandoned the property. And, considering the value of a $100 bill, you'll never be able to do that. This isn't like just finding money on the street with no idea of where it came from. That's the key difference you seem to be ignoring.

lolstrawman.

no my friend, YOU seem to be the one to be ignoring the time tested maxim, of "finders keepers, losers nazis" i seriously and personally do not care if they dropped it by accident or on purpose, point is, THEY dropped it, i didnt physically go into their pockets to pull it out, that would be a clear cut case of petty larceny/theft whatever.

im not arguing whether or not its a law, i dont even wanna argue the merits of that law as i feel i've made my feelings on it abundantly clear, whether or not its a law is not going to stop me from going for it because THAT particular law can suck THIS particular dick.

that has to be one of the most bullshit laws in history, laughingman does not agree and thus laughingman will not comply, hundred dollars on the streets, its anybodys grab. i'd only give it back if i thought they looked like they really needed the money, they seemed like nice people, they were children, or they were eskimos, cuz those fuckin eskimos tend to get the shit end of the stick more often than not, its about time they caught a break, and thats just my 2 cents...in eskimo money
    Last edited by LaughingMAN.S9; 12-12-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

no my friend, YOU seem to be the one to be ignoring the time tested maxim, of "finders keepers, losers nazis" i seriously and personally do not care if they dropped it by accident or on purpose, point is, THEY dropped it, i didnt physically go into their pockets to pull it out, that would be a clear cut case of petty larceny/theft whatever.
    It is stealing if you know who it belongs to, if they dropped their wallet or forgot their briefcase you couldn't just keep it. Life isn't an adventure game where you can take anything that isn't nailed down. It's like stealing a bike and saying it wasn't stealing because it wasn't locked up, it was just left in front of a store "abandoned".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

anyone who has ever found anything ever, anywhere at anytime should be held without trial and executed by firing squad. yes? this is moral now correct? wasnt theirs to begin with, they didnt purchase it? yes? am i in the clear now?
    I think the moral of the story is that you're not going to be welcome in the trading section because you're obviously a scumbag. Maybe not a liar, but I wouldn't be surprised if you pulled some outrageous stunt and then went "I DON'T SHIP FIRST LAW OF THE JUNGLE BITCH"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

woops double post
    Last edited by LaughingMAN.S9; 12-12-2009 at 04:05 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Diatribal Deity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Alas...like GITS:SAC The Movie this derailment has gone on a bit too long. Your point is ultimately there but the filler is pretty dry. I think most of us identify your view and somewhat "different from the norm" rationale. Given some desparate motivation or perhaps more jaded view of life, I'm sure your not alone. It's what makes us all individuals.

There are alot of "good" people out there who did or continue to do shady things. It does not make one person better than another, just opens you up to a more radical perception when you start spilling your views publicly. Hell, there are plenty of people out there that put in the situation, would hope they would act one way...but when it comes down to it may not make the perceived "right" decision. We are all human and fallable. The fact that you understand and have rationalized your view already is admirable. A bit sad and scary to many if not the majority, at least demonstrates a more street wise eye opening mentality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    I think the moral of the story is that you're not going to be welcome in the trading section because you're obviously a scumbag. Maybe not a liar, but I wouldn't be surprised if you pulled some outrageous stunt and then went "I DON'T SHIP FIRST LAW OF THE JUNGLE BITCH"

glad we're on the same page

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    It is stealing if you know who it belongs to, if they dropped their wallet or forgot their briefcase you couldn't just keep it. Life isn't an adventure game where you can take anything that isn't nailed down. It's like stealing a bike and saying it wasn't stealing because it wasn't locked up, it was just left in front of a store "abandoned".

ok how about this scenario, im in the middle of a flea market, theres a 20 dollar bill on the floor, lets say im in the food court where the concentration of people in close proximity to each other is relatively higher

now the 20 dollars is on the floor, i never saw it fall out of the guys wallet, all i see is money on the floor 2 feet behind some random guy? am i safe then? could be his, probably is his, but chances are, anyone i ask within 5 feet of the 20 dollars, is going to claim its theres regardless, for the sake of the story, lets say they all SOMEHOW have less scruples than I.

would it be ok for me THEN to just claim it for myself as theres no real way to verify? or am i still an asshole for not taking down depositions and fingerprinting everyone within a hundred block radius???

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribal Deity View Post
    Alas...like GITS:SAC The Movie this derailment has gone on a bit too long. Your point is ultimately there but the filler is pretty dry. I think most of us identify your view and somewhat "different from the norm" rationale. Given some desparate motivation or perhaps more jaded view of life, I'm sure your not alone. It's what makes us all individuals.

There are alot of "good" people out there who did or continue to do shady things. It does not make one person better than another, just opens you up to a more radical perception when you start spilling your views publicly. Hell, there are plenty of people out there that put in the situation, would hope they would act one way...but when it comes down to it may not make the perceived "right" decision. We are all human and fallable. The fact that you understand and have rationalized your view already is admirable. A bit sad and scary to many if not the majority, at least demonstrates a more street wise eye opening mentality.

finallllyyyyy, someone who gets it, i wasnt asking anyone to agree or disagree with me, i was simply pointing out that because YOU think its right, doesnt make it so, there is no such thing as wrong as far as im concerned for that would imply that we had a clear definition of what right is.

the extreme polarities of right & wrong existing as black & white in absolute terms only exists in movies, the real world is moral gray, deal with it.

i dont agree with rape or child molestation, but im sure a child molester wouldnt agree with my feelings towards the matter, as much as it disgusts u or me, my opinion weighs just as much as his, right and wrong are 2 unquantifiable abstracts that vary from person to person. i dont have to like what you believe in to acknowledge your right to believe in it.

u think im a scumbag, i think people who believe in god are idiots, my little brother believes drinking fruit punch out of a star wars commerative cup gives him super human abilities, and the world keeps on spinning. we're all right and we're all wrong.

now lets man-hug this shit out like gentlemen and agree to disagree so we can get back to the original topic of this thread....celebrating mtv's awesome new reality show, the jersey shore, AITE

wednesday night cant get here fast enough ^_^
    Last edited by LaughingMAN.S9; 12-13-2009 at 04:07 PM.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

ok how about this scenario, im in the middle of a flea market, theres a 20 dollar bill on the floor, lets say im in the food court where the concentration of people in close proximity to each other is relatively higher

now the 20 dollars is on the floor, i never saw it fall out of the guys wallet, all i see is money on the floor 2 feet behind some random guy? am i safe then? could be his, probably is his, but chances are, anyone i ask within 5 feet of the 20 dollars, is going to claim its theres regardless, for the sake of the story, lets say they all SOMEHOW have less scruples than I.

would it be ok for me THEN to just claim it for myself as theres no real way to verify? or am i still an asshole for not taking down depositions and fingerprinting everyone within a hundred block radius???
    If you don't know who it belongs to and there's no way to know who it belongs to, there's really no way to return it to the proper owner. You originally said you saw someone drop the money, if you saw the person drop the money then you would know who it belongs to and it should be returned to them. This shouldn't be that hard to understand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    If you don't know who it belongs to and there's no way to know who it belongs to, there's really no way to return it to the proper owner. You originally said you saw someone drop the money, if you saw the person drop the money then you would know who it belongs to and it should be returned to them. This shouldn't be that hard to understand.

i cant be blamed if some people are careless, i dont see how u can equate my luck with theft, i had no hand in it, am i exploiting the situation? sure i am, no more than the average person who sees a really great deal on craigslist severely underpriced due to seller ignorance/stupidity and still cashes in.

i didnt cause those chain of events to unfold the way they did, right place, right time, the majority of you in opposition strike me as the relatively impressionable sort, the kind that believe every single law is a good law, tsk tsk